Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Luang Prabang Lao Seeds Up

Thread Title Search
Luang Prabang Lao Seeds Up Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2007, 01:58 AM #1

Luang Prabang Lao Seeds Up

Just thought i would let everyone know. There are some nice Lao's seeds up for auction with a buy now for 20 seeds. I guess gypsy picked these up on his last trip. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that loves the Asian strains like i do. I got mine, and i'm sure they will go fast.
Good luck,
BG

Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 AM #2
Dutchgrown
----

Dutchgrown has disabled reputation
Photos from the seed hunt.......Luang Prabang

Quite a remarkable place; extremely peaceful and the people so warm and friendly...words hardly describe it, would recommend putting it on your list of 'must go to' places!

Was VERY hot and humid, rainy season brings deluges, but mostly in the afternoon, so there's plenty of time to go exploring up or down the Mekhong River.

Here's a few pics to hopefully give you a bit of the feeling of being there.

Waiting on the boat to take us exploring.

I can assure you......we didn't taste one drop of the Lao whiskey, especially laced with these!

A view from the Pak Ou caves up the Mekhong about 2 hours by boat from Luang Prabang.

The serenity of magnificent temples.

Kuang Si Falls, about 1 hr down the Mekhong from Luang Prabang, and absolutely in the most pristine of settings.

Dutchgrown is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:31 AM #3

Hello Dutch,

I wanted to thank you and Gypsy for sharing the trip photo's. I've always in joyed seeing the trips Gypsy takes and all the great photo's he takes. It reminds me of my years in the Army and the 15 different countries i was lucky enough to visit while serving.

I'm sure the both of you had a great time. I sure loved the pictures that where taken. I don't know if i would have drank any of that Cobra whiskey, but I sure did in joy the pictures and the though of you two drinking that stuff.

Thanks for the info on the seeds and smoke. You know how I love the not so common seeds and Asian strains. Thank Gypsy and yourself for getting these seeds and sharing them with the rest of us here and at seedbay. I will make sure to do a full thread once i get them going, but i don't see that happening till after the April cup. Yes, you will finally get to meet up with me. I'll be in town for a week, then flying directly to spain to look at some real estate.

Well, thanks again for the seeds and the great trip you shared with us. Please, feel free to post more pictures and info if you have them and would like to share them with us. Thanks and i hope to see more seeds like these in the future.
Take care,
BG

Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 AM #4
StayHigh149

StayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the roughStayHigh149 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome pics DG. I would have had to buy a bottle of that Cobra Whiskey, just to take home & set on a table in the smoke den. Great convo piece! I've always wanted to take a trip to SE Asia & I will make it there someday.
StayHigh149 is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 AM #5
b8man

b8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really nice
Man - I'm one of the few people who didn't like Laos. Full of aggressive tourist traps and intricate scams.

I was there about 3 years ago and the place was swarming with American kids (17-20 range) who were there for the opium. Really surprised me that the rich kids were fine buying opium from an 8 year old kid.

The weed was fine, but the country needed some work IMHO.

Nice shots though Gypsy.

B8
b8man is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 11:49 AM #6
Dutchgrown
----

Glad you liked my photos. Using a Sony 10.1 MP and Gypsy is using the Sony HD cam. Still have many to sort through from this area....will share some more when on a good internet connection.

b8man, visiting during the rainy season has it's advantages....in many ways.

dg

Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM #7
guest3854

Way killer photos Dutch an' Gypsy ! That waterfall is breathtaking .

Steele

Old 07-21-2007, 02:48 PM #8
SuperStoned

SuperStoned will become famous soon enough
Amazing photo's would love to visit that part of the world but havent had a chance yet.
Feel kinder sorry for the snakes GOing to be interesting growing out the seeds.
Thanks for letting us into a little part of your holiday!
SuperStoned is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 PM #9
Dutchgrown
----

More Pics!

OK, here's some more pics There are many novice monks in Luang Prabang, in the two photos below they are gathering for worship.

Happy kids swimming from a generator dock on the Mekhong River. They gleefully entertained us as Gypsy and I waited for a local farmer to return and show us 'the goods'.

Boating down the Mekhong in the quest for seeds....with Gypsy filming the incredible sights. Our boat driver and other local farmers were gifted Reservoir's Sour Diesel IBL seeds...we will return in a few months and see how those are coming along. They also received Biko from Annac Seeds as well as a variety of others and we are all eager to see how western seeds grow there.

Hey look!!!!!! It's a Lao Kitty!!!!!!! Meowwwwww!

No matter what part of SE Asia one visits, flowers are an integral part, gracing everything from food, tables, the bed, bath...and in the bathtub too. Now where did I put that bathtub pic? lol The aroma of so many exotic flowers have a way of soothing the soul.

Our local guide brought us to a small village on the banks of the Mekhong which is known for those bottles of venomous brew, here we found a local elder eager to play this instrument for us that he handcrafts....maybe he's been hitting too much of the snake brew????

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:50 PM #10
Sleepy

Sleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

wow, thanks for sharing the pictures!

they are beautiful!
Sleepy is offline Quote