What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One bite of my hash cake....

I

Ignignokt

I tried some homemade hash cake last night....
I don't usually eat any edibles, and now i remember why.
I thought i'll just try a little bite first and then judge how strong it is before deciding how much more i can eat.... well, that was all i ate :biglaugh:
7 hours after eating it and 3 valium later i was still uncomfortably high, so i went to bed.
This morning i woke up.... STILL HIGH :redface:
I am very much a lightweight but this is ridiculous.

ozzieAI

Veteran
yep...thats what happened the first time i baked with hash as well...i took 4x a strong dose...

I

Ignignokt

lol edibles + Valium must have made for one hell of a hangover!

They were only 5mg valium, so it's half strength to what i'm used to.... but it didn't really have much effect as compared to how it usually works.

I kept waking up through the night feeling a mixture of anxiety and can't get out of bed. :redface:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Two cookies and three caramels later....

I'm going to eat another caramel.

Waking up is totally overrated....

I prefer the float out of bed type of morning.

Midnite Toker

Veteran
One year on Thanksgiving I handed Mrs. Toker a cookie. I told her just 1/4 would work. She thought I meant 1 full cookie. She forgot how to talk and I had to help her to the car.:biggrin:

I

Ignignokt

One year on Thanksgiving I handed Mrs. Toker a cookie. I told her just 1/4 would work. She thought I meant 1 full cookie. She forgot how to talk and I had to help her to the car.:biggrin:

About 3 years ago i had a really bad experience from edibles, much worse than this time.
I was feeling great, euphoria and laughter, but it turned dark very soon after....
I basically started blacking in and out, it felt like time was coming and going, i was awake and then i was asleep.... i started to feel very nausea mixed in with the blacking in and out.
At some point i knew i was going to be sick and somehow headed for the bathroom.
It is all very vague and hard to piece together but i didn't make it to the bathroom.... i was 'clinging' to the floor in the hallway because i couldn't stand up and i felt like i was on a boat in choppy seas :biglaugh:
The bathroom was right there, but i was stuck on the floor puking up pizza all over the carpet.
I just lay there alone next to my pizza puke until the next day. :whiteflag: :puke: :covereyes:

insomniac_AU

Yeah edibles can be unpleasant if you have a low tolerance. I have quite a high tolerance and to be honest edibles are the only way I can can get really high these days. My butter is extremely strong, I used 35 grams of flower to make 300 grams of butter last batch. It's not just the amount of THC in it it's the liquid lecithin I use. It massively increases the bio-availability so the effect is vastly stronger and onset is 5 minutes.
I need 2 pieces of my brownie to get the effect I'm looking for but even the corner of one sends my missus over the edge. She won't touch them now after having a bad experience. That's why I don't recommend them to people who don't smoke much. With smoking it's much easier to dose because with edibles if you've already taken too much it's too late and you have to ride it out.

ChinggisKhaan

When I first started making canna cookies the tastes were awful. I finally perfected a flavorful cookie. In my excitement I asked my wife to try a bite. next thing I knew she ate the whole cookie. I did comment "wow you just ate the WHOLE thing?" In retrospect that may have been where her thinking changed.

About 1.5 hours later I found her in our bedroom trying to walk off her "OD". She had a notebook in her hands and kept repeating "It's not his fault" over and over again. Turns out she was trying to write her last will and testament. She wanted to call 911 but was afraid of the 100 plant grow room in the basement. I told her we are medecinal but you will be fine and we don't need to go to the hospital. I asked her to lie down and relax. I left her in peace and 5 min or so I heard her snore. I was relieved but it tok her a week - ten days to come down out of the ordeal. It gets real for the inexperinced and even the veterans can have unpleasant times too.

PDX Dopesmoker

Two cookies and three caramels later....

I'm going to eat another caramel.

Waking up is totally overrated....

I prefer the float out of bed type of morning.

Yeah, waking up high is a bonus. Sometimes I wake up and regret not eating enough edibles the night before. Some people compare being stoned the next day to an alcohol hangover, but I think they're polar opposites.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC od'ing aint no fun...last time it happened to me i stayed up the whole night unable to sleep and had to kept moving (sativa powa!) and the walls were moving all along, i felt like a sailor during a storm, and i don't talk about the anxiety...it took me almost a week before i could use again just a tiny amount.
Good point is the break lowered my tolerance for a lil while :)