What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The positive thread.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

@Herman

So please let me interpret your Imagery:

First Image: you had some really good luck at the Public Toilets?

Second Image: double yolks cause pale arm skin?

Bye for now!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good News!? - Bah Humbug! - the wife's mother died - maybe good news to many - but she was a sweet old gal.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
:biggrin: Hello Teddybrae, well the first pic is 11 years old, my first grow in a wardrobe with a horseshoe for good luck and the 2nd one is a smiling positive fried egg.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
In just another couple of months, if you wait long enough ....

Spring will be right around the corner.:bigeye: :tongue: :comfort:

St. Phatty

I had a pleasant conversation with the Smart Power conversion person at the local utility company.

He called me and I was bracing for another telemarketer.

I asked if they could send a female technician to do my install.

He said, they would try.

So I said, well you know I'm mostly kidding. And he laughed.

Anyway, they're actually going to schedule a time, so I can do an orderly shutdown on the computer.

I have dealt with Smart Power installers before, in Sonoma County, and they were about as nice as an impacted bowel.

Is that a country expression ? :huggg:

redlaser

Veteran
I had a pleasant conversation with the Smart Power conversion person at the local utility company.

He called me and I was bracing for another telemarketer.

I asked if they could send a female technician to do my install.

He said, they would try.

So I said, well you know I'm mostly kidding. And he laughed.

Anyway, they're actually going to schedule a time, so I can do an orderly shutdown on the computer.

I have dealt with Smart Power installers before, in Sonoma County, and they were about as nice as an impacted bowel.

Is that a country expression ? :huggg:

Are you asking for a smart meter? Thought they put them everywhere they could.

A guy I know used to install them, says he always opts out of them to avoid having your usage tracked.

Mostly though it’s because it keeps them from charging you more from their bs tier system, same price during peak usage times or off peak.

Maybe PGandE just makes an average between tiers and charges that, it seems you get no breakdown of billing/ pricing without the smart Meter.

He has about 2,600 watts worth of a grow, plus a three person household and pays 450$ a month for electric bill, sounds low to me. Mines 350$ no grow at house

St. Phatty

Are you asking for a smart meter? Thought they put them everywhere they could.

I would opt out if I could, but not willing to pay extra for it.

On the Silver Lining Positive side -

some amazing deals on firearms, even before Black Friday -

24 inch Heavy Barrel, complete upper in 224 Valkyrie for $250.

Won't way where to keep it non-denominational.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've got 2 small projects @ my home going on, they're bankrupting me monthly of all my extra cash, tough to even hit a burger joint on my budget; so where's the plus side.

:dunno:

the Black Friday deal @ Best Buy was a savings of $180 on a very well rated (Consumer Reports) 55" Sharp 4K UHD set for $250 plus tax. As the month wore thin so did my extra green but I clung tight to the $270 I needed; my friend & I were awake @ 4am this morning to make the 90 mile run (each way) to the nearest Best Buy & arrive by 6am, a guarantee for near first, or first in line.

@ 4:15am, I pulled the plug on the whole thing, (THAT'S the positive) if I bought that tv set I would be looking @ all of $44 to see me through the rest of month, as a homeowner I need to have at lest a few $$$ available.

Now more money to put towards my projects, new garage doors.

oh yeah, and my current Sharp 42" set is just fine.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... on the bright side, that 55" set woulda sucked up a lot more juice, as if the 42" doesn't suck up enough already!:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd like to thank the cannabis community for coming together to help support the families of those we have lost Dansbubs and Milloxxx and all the support for helping those effected by these devastating fires here in Cali. It really makes me happy to see the community rally together.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
.... on the bright side, that 55" set woulda sucked up a lot more juice, as if the 42" doesn't suck up enough already!:tiphat:

yeah but my eyes are getting worse as time goes on, the new sets really make a difference when standing in front of them, and my 42" Sharp is bright n' fast @ 120Hz. The new sets rock & as I'm on disability I do watch a lot of tv.

But! if my current tv goes in the crapper suddenly I might not be able to afford a new model.

I was going to repackage the 42" as I always keep those type of boxes & I always tape or staple the warranties & receipts to them. So keeping a well used tv in the box as a spare and running the new 55" was my plan.

I've framed out my new garage to home entry door which is tricky to do with a log building, I now need to buy the door itself, $180 plus tax, plus a new lock set, $50. And then the garage door itself, A-Z gonna run me $450 w/electric opener, I'm handicapped & need that badly, and that's a cheap uninsulated door at that.

the tv woulda been nice but would've set my project back another month or so, winter's upon us & I need to get this done now! :)

Brother Nature

Sad to see this thread fall by the wayside, but came upon something today I thought I'd share. After all this kind of stuff is why I started this thread and we certainly need it at the moment (I do, at least).

Here's a video by a guy who setup a telescope in public and offered random passer by's a view at the moon. The reactions are priceless and no doubt some of these people are baked as a cake too.

[YOUTUBEIF]XCrJ3NflOpE[/YOUTUBEIF]

I find this positive because one of my favorite things is finding a remote place to just look at the stars, I find it very peaceful and humbling. Getting to see other's reactions to it is pretty cool, hope some of you enjoy this as well.