What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California City Passes Bill That Could Lead to Jail Time for Selling Plastic Straws

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I can live without plastic straws, but what about folks
that due to physical issues need a straw to drink.

Is posession of a plastic straw an offense, I wonder.

Seems silly on the surface, but I do remember paper straws, they worked.

Get over it.

Gry

Non-plastic alternatives to straws are also only to be available upon request.

Can recall reading as a kid about the guy who came up with the concept for
bendable paper straws. Used a bolt and dental floss to modify the original paper straw.

Green Squall

I'm gonna become an illegal plastic straw dealer.

In other news, my town has banned plastic bags and styrofoam take out containers starting next year. This is just going to hurt already struggling small businesses, but I guess its what happens when so many people are too fucking lazy to recycle.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Recycling:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/world/china-recyclables-ban.html

China announced last year that it no longer wanted to be the “world’s garbage dump,”
recycling about half of the globe’s plastics and paper products.

Western nations have been puzzling over that decision.

Chinese officials complained that much of the recyclable material the country received
from overseas had not been properly cleaned or was mixed with non-recyclable materials.

Trouble brewing.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
What will be the next jailable offence according to the sheep mind bending social media cia machine?