What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lungworth

Dog Star

Veteran
Does anybody use or used a Lungworth,a medical plant
that helping in lung health??

Wish to hear some experiences from others cause i also started to use her for mine hurted lugs from lot of smoking.

What i can encounter that i easier now spitt secret from lungs
and later can breath much better,it does a things and how she is explained in older medical books,cleaning lugs...

http://www.healthy.net/Materia_Medica/Lungwort_Herb_Herbal_Materia_Medica/243

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonaria_officinalis

Beside Lungworth i use honey from Robinia pseudoaccacia mixed
with propolis and flower pollen,that also helps a ton..

Kind regards :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lungwort is most often available in tinctures, teas, and capsule form. Short term or infrequent use of lungwort is generally considered safe.

Cota`(Cota tinctoria, the golden marguerite, yellow chamomile, or oxeye chamomile, is a species of perennial flowering plant in the sunflower family) is also used for bronchial issues....having easy access to that, that's what I use as a tea.

Try cannabis tinctures and decrease smoking for a while to help with lung ailments.

Or here's some info on other remedidies (plant based)

Angelica - possess anti-inflammatory properties and increases immune system function; which is why the root is often used in treating allergies as well.
Anise - often an ingredient in cough syrups and lozenges as an expectorant, which means it helps in the coughing up of mucus in conditions like asthma, bronchitis, the common cold and whooping cough.

Coltsfoot - since the principal active ingredient in the plant is a throat-soothing mucilage, it has been used medicinally as a cough suppressant and remedy for asthma and bronchial congestion.
Elecampane - long valued as a tonic herb for the respiratory system. It is often used as a specific remedy for chronic bronchitis and bronchial asthma. Elecampane soothes the bronchial tube linings and acts as an expectorant.
Horehound - anti-inflammatory and is often used to treat respiratory aliments such as asthma, bronchitis and whooping cough.
Licorice - has been used traditionally to restore breathing and calm the breathing passageways.
Lobelia - is a bronchodilator and antispasmodic which explains its popularity as a medicinal herb for asthma, spasmodic croup, pneumonia and whooping cough. It is thought to stimulate the respiratory center of the brain resulting in deeper and stronger breathing.
Marshmallow - a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant. The soothing and healing properties that are found in the mucilage in marshmallow make it a valuable herb for many lung ailments such as asthma.

Motherwort - decreases the severity of lung spasms but also reduce anxiety, thus lessening the chance of an attack.
Mullein - contains antiseptic agents and is mostly used today for chest ailments including asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy and whooping cough.
Passionflower - decreases the severity of lung spasms but also reduce anxiety, thus lessening the chance of an attack.

Skullcap - due to its anti-spasmodic and sedative effects, it is also great for treating throat infections and incessant coughing.
Slipper Elm - has anti-inflammation and anti-irritant properties and is often recommended for lung conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, sore throats, coughs, pleurisy, or lung bleeding.
Turmeric - powerful anti-inflammatory and it is believed to reduce inflammation. Shows a similar efficacy to cortisone.
Wild Cherry - is an expectorant, antispasmodic, and antitussive. These properties indicate its usefulness as a preparation for bronchitis or whooping cough and can be helpful in coughs that accompany pneumonia. It is also helpful in coughs with influenza, where there is associated shortness of breath and or wheezing.
http://www.localharvest.org/blog/25051/entry/why_inner_cleansing_is_important

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Good post Aridbud,

where you found data that infrequent use of Lungworth is considered safe??

Also wish to know why she can be dangerous if use is frequent?

Will check more those other plants you mention,mine tea from Lungworth goes
bad after one day and start ferment so i cooking a new batch,

taste is not such bad of Lungworth tea,mild smell on herbs... nothing special.

All the best Aridbud

DS

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs) are of special interest currently because several of them have been shown to cause toxic reactions in humans, primarily veno-occlusive liver disease, when ingested with foods or herbal medicines..Called lungwort or cowslip, this herb is traditionally used for treating coughs. P.A. content is questionable.

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/pas.htm

Recently, during a scientific study it was found that lungwort contains pyrrolizidin alkaloids which are considered toxic in nature. Therefore, the internal use of the herb must be always done with caution and under medical guidance.

Side effects due to the use of Lungwort may include the following conditions – prolonged bleeding, an upset stomach and skin inflammation.

So, use in moderation or under guidance of a trained naturopath.

Dakine

Veteran
Ive been looking for Lungwort and Mugwort I think they are called lol.. Did you find this plant Doggie?