Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Deep Chunk: Tom Hill

Thread Title Search
Deep Chunk: Tom Hill Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2005, 08:26 PM #1

Deep Chunk: Tom Hill

first off a great big thank you to Dutchgrown for the beans, and to Tom Hill for making this wonderful strain

see grow log:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6027

reference on some other strains I gave scores to
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=4525 (third post down)

been smoking up the first 3 Deep Chunk ladies pretty good the last couple wks....at first individualy, trying to notice any difference in the 3
and even though they look a bit diff. they all have very similar smoke/buzz characteristics to go ahead and write about all 3 as one

smell:
not much, really gotta stick my nose in the jars to get a good whiff
kinda a light lavender mixed with orange peels...though the burned bud/ exhale smell is a very strong spicy smell

taste:
also not much
very sugary with a hint of real good blond hash
deceptive...because of the smooth easy smoke that expands in the lungs.
it can take some getting used to, if you don't want to cough up a lung after every hit

buzz:
ohh boy, where to start:
stronge pain killing/muscle relaxing effects...but without making me overly tired, unlike so many other strong indica based strains I've tried....I wouldn't call it a couch lock.....though i do find myself getting very absorb into doing whatever it is I'm focused in on for hrs on end

also so far I have yet to hit the buzz ceiling (meaning its been taking me as high as I wish to go...and then some with enough hits...and I'm a very heavy smoker of high end organic home grown for many yrs)

1 or 2 hits gets you going for awhlie
4-5 hits gets you chilling out focusing in on whatever for hrs
6 hits + in less then an hr...gets a bit trippy

overall scores out of 10
taste: 6 (very smooth, but I perfer a bit more flavor/bite with my smoke)
buzz: 9 (not ready/willing to give out my first 10...yet)

ease of growth: 5 (can see people going overboard with fertz...since the strain had rapid leaf degeneration during mid flower and is a slow Vegger, that needs its space with those large, thick top leaf canopy thats gonna need some real hid wts to penetrate...also been a bit filckle and very slow with the clone cuttings taking root)

yield: not gonna win any prizes, I've averaged around an OZ per plant of "dry cured bud only weight" (very heavy, dense resionous buds) (largest one was around 1.5 oz...smallest a little under .75 oz (I normally averge around 2-3 oz per seed grown plant grown under the exact same conditions and time line)

overall
definitely one I'm gonna try to keep around in my stash jars and for future grows...and should be a fun one to make a couple personal crosses with...to see what pops up

...I really hope I start seeing more Tom Hill strains at the seedbanks soon....

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:56 PM #2
bartender187
Bakin in da Sun

bartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the roughbartender187 is a jewel in the rough
Great report!

I love readin' these things! Thanks for takin' the time to put together such a well thought smoke report. It makes seed shop that much easier

peace

Old 02-14-2005, 10:31 PM #3
Plant Whisperer

420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light420247 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Great report maddog

Now I can’t wait to start growing my DC's

Thank you for sharing you experience with us
420247 is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 10:45 PM #4

excellent report maddog...and those buds look oh so inviting....I have some Tom Hill genetics myself which I still haven't grown out....Pine Tar Kush, gotta get to those for sure!

Old 02-15-2005, 02:09 AM #5

wow... tastey Maddog... Thanks for sharing.

Those bud shots look like she is something special.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:24 AM #6
TORC

TORC will become famous soon enoughTORC will become famous soon enough
Great report Maddog! Lovely pics as well.
TORC is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 03:25 AM #7
mentalmarijuana

mentalmarijuana has disabled reputation
Fantastic report. Thanks for it.
mentalmarijuana is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2005, 08:14 PM #8

I had the chance to smoke some DC and your report is spot on. A unique stone that has no comparision. I apreciate you taking the mystery out of Deep Chunk.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:47 AM #9
b_is_me

b_is_me is on a distinguished road
Awesome looking buds, great job and report. I have some cal jax seeds waitng from tomhill and i think its a three way with pinetar cush deepchunkand haze, I cant wait..
b_is_me is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM #10
Okie grown

Okie grown will become famous soon enough
Great plants! I got a couple deep chunk clones awhile back.Im getting ready to flower some clones off em soon.Hope thay look as nice as youres.Great work! OG
Okie grown is offline Quote