What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Panama Red seeds.....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Any help would be appreciated, its for some folks of mine who said it was dead and couldnt be found, I think it can and Id like to get them some. Thanks!

goldenahms

Haven't seen pure Panama Red, but Wally Duck has a C99 x Panama Red cross you may want to look into. Good luck, mate

funkymonkey

Ace Seeds Panama has two different Panamanians in it and they have released pure Panama Red as a ltd edition in the past. Sent PMs to charlie garcia and dubi and see if they have any more stock.

smokefrogg

Veteran
i hope you find it, let us know where it's at if you do!

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

smokefrogg

Veteran
i have one word for that pic....wowwwwwwwww... ok maybe two...nice bud... do u know the makeup??

it's a shot from a guy on wt, he says it's half panama red and half something that he won't tell us haha...his friend apparently has a real panama red which is the mother of the plant pictured, he was calling the above pic panamasadena red

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have asked about the older strains from long ago several times. The old time breeders that I know say these are gone in their purest form. There are variations still around today but not the original. Not what I know.....just what I have heard.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If Ace has a breeder pack for Panama (I don't know if they do) that would be what I would look through to find a good old school Panama Red. But I would have to ask someone else to tell me what replicated the original because wtf do I know? I was born in 77.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I have a feeling it may still exist somewhere. They said that about many lines. Just wonder where it could be sourced? ?seed collector?

Moxa stick

I have tried Ace/Cannabiogen? Seeds Panama and it is indeed a very nice representation of a Central American sativa, great flavor and high, highly recommended.

But of course, as with many current examples of legendary strains, not exactly the same experience as the 70's strains grown and processed in their native location. My first fling with Panama Red came in 1977. My friends and I pitched in together to buy a $50/ounce of some really dank smelling, rusty-brown, oily bud. The ounce looked small, but was actually one large bud with a few smaller buds compressed into one herbal mass with a few small white immature seeds. We had been quaffing beers on our way to watch the Mission Mountain Wood Band at a venue in Livermore, IA, aka the Liquormore ballroom. I remember how the paper of that first joint was oily black by half way. Upon sampling our purchase we were hit with a overwhelming, trippy paralysis that rivaled the best Colombian Gold, but with much more body stone. It didn't "steal our women", but really did "rob our head". We all soon learned that this was one strain that didn't mix well at all with alcohol and there was a fine line between consuming just the right amount and...well, too much. I only had one other opportunity to buy again and that bag was nowhere near the same, probably was a lowland Colombian being passed off as Panama? This was one of those epic seventies strains that really did leave an impression for those fortunate enough to come across.

thejact55

I think your best bet for finding it would be just to stay patient and diligent, and looking for it from q private source, not a seedbank. I think ace's panama looks way diluted. Charlie worked with some nice stock im sure, but i doubt the most recent runs put out.
People have it, or something real close. Not a lot of folks, but there is someone out there...but tracking them down, making friends, and them being in a position to spare and share...there is the challenge.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
moxie - i paid 35 bucks, and by 1/2 of the joint my fingers had resin on em - 2nd time that had happened - had some black columbian in early 70's which also was kick-ass -

i tried wally duck's panama... haha... i don;t know what is was, but it wasn't red- thats for sure

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Theres a huge panama thread on here that answers most questions

It got real hectic so im not sure if its still all there but i kno he went into detail (ace) on how he got it and where he worked it 2

One thing people overlook its a wild sativa i think he tamed it for time and to be able to grow indoors so that was part of the reason it doesnt look like a traditional sativa

OceanStateGrown

Any help would be appreciated, its for some folks of mine who said it was dead and couldnt be found, I think it can and Id like to get them some. Thanks!

Coastal Seeds put out some Panama Red at last years EC that are pure, albeit worked to produce cbd/thc hybrid phenols and other full spectrum cannabanoid profiles. Also, these are 24 packs, I felt this was one of the biggest seed drops of last year and so many people slept on them, since then Coastal Seeds has disbanded.

However, being in California. The same Genetics are available in clubs through EQ Genetics, as MrBobHempHill is now working with them.

Cannabiogen i think put it out pure, as well as crossed to Deep Chunk, although I only have the hybrid.

Swami might have something pure or hybrid, or rather, I'm sure Gas does.

I'd start with EQ, as they're off the shelf in California right now, hope this helps. ✌️

Latest posts

Latest posts