What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Current multi strain grow

Fitzera

I've got quite a bit of seed stock so what I've been doing is growing 1 or 2 of each to see how they do in my setup, allowing me to decide what to grow in the future and what direction to go for future genetics.

Currently have:
Royal Queen Critical Fem
Tiger One (seedsman) Skunk #1 Fem
Seedsman White Widow Fem
Seedsman Jack Herer Fem
Next Gen BC Golden Skunk
Exotic Seeds Lemon Candy
Dinafem Auto Blue Cheese (was a Freebie, wasnt aware it was an auto)
Peak Texada Skunk
Reserva Privada OG18 (Hermie junk)
Reserva Privasa Sour Kush (Hermie junk)
Next Gen Grapegod x Blueberry (Male, removed)
Peak Northern Skunk (Male, removed)

5x5 Tent
600w Cool Tube HPS
400 actual watt LED

Soil consists of Bluesky Organics supersoil base (used once)
Amended with:
EWC
Feather meal
Kelp meal
Fishbone meal
Alfalfa meal
Rock phosphate
Glacial dust
High P Gauno

Nutrients and top dress:
Bluesky Fert Alive (veg and flower)
Bluesky Organic Reactor (top dress mixed with soil)

Tea:
EWC
Bluesky Vit Alive
Bluesky Organic booster
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Non sulphur mollases
Alaska fish fertilizer
AN Voodoo Juice (cause I have a big jug collecting dust)
AN Piranha
Liquid Guano

5 plants are in 5gal, the rest are in 3gal. Testing the difference in final yields and quality. Probably switch to all 5gal next time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

picture.php

Blue Cheese starting to stack.
picture.php

Texada Skunk beautiful leaves.

The texada Skunk was not topped and split into 2 plants from the stalk naturally. I asked Mike about this and he said it wasnt a trait of the his texada lines but he has seen it in his many years. I dont have a picture currently but will get one.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm real interested in your Peak's TS and NS. I'm currently growing his Northern lights. Great genetics. Subbed :lurk:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the colors the LEDs make but damn it's hard to see the plants progress under them... in pics at least.

With that small seed list I can't tell whether you prefer NLD or BLD varieties.
Whatever the case, I think you'd be better off popping a pack at a time and judging the packs performance versus a couple of plants from a few varieties.
Realize that every single plant is different from seed. especially a shot ton of multi poly-hybrids.

I mean... You could end up with a couple of plants that are absolute shit, going the route you currently are, and never find the GEMS mixed in the sewage because you decide a line isn't worth running!
Such seems to be the case with the RP beans that are tossing nanners for you.

Fitzera

I'm real interested in your Peak's TS and NS. I'm currently growing his Northern lights. Great genetics. Subbed :lurk:

I moved the Northern Skunk and Grapegod x Blueberry to another room as they are males but would like to collect some pollen for future seed production experiments.

The NS along with the Texada both grew very very compact in veg with very tight noses. The texada hasnt stretched nearly as much as the other plants in the first 10 days of 12/12 but it's supposed to grow shorter while holding the sativa high. I'm very interested how it will turn out. I have a friend with family in the islands and he used to bring pineberry and timewarp back, this will be the closest I've had in over 10 years.

Fitzera

I should add, the NS has stretched very nicely. I will include pics of it today along with the structure of the texada.

Fitzera

I love the colors the LEDs make but damn it's hard to see the plants progress under them... in pics at least.

With that small seed list I can't tell whether you prefer NLD or BLD varieties.
Whatever the case, I think you'd be better off popping a pack at a time and judging the packs performance versus a couple of plants from a few varieties.
Realize that every single plant is different from seed. especially a shot ton of multi poly-hybrids.

I mean... You could end up with a couple of plants that are absolute shit, going the route you currently are, and never find the GEMS mixed in the sewage because you decide a line isn't worth running!
Such seems to be the case with the RP beans that are tossing nanners for you.

I sometimes find the HPS lighting to be harder for viewing. But I will post pictures throughout that hopefully give the best visual I can.

Totally understand your logic about having 1 of so many strains. For me I feel it will still give me some idea of what the strain can give. After test grows I will be doing more strain specific grows based on my preferences and make notes from those as well.
I'm not tossing the RP beans or giving up on them completely, they will just be on the back burner until later on.

To give you an idea of where I'm at with choices, this is my current seed stock:

Next Generation Seed Co.
Grapegod x blueberry x9
Blueberry Punch (Blueberry x Romulan)
Auto Fem Grapefruit Haze x3
Auto Fem Afghan Kush x5
Fem BC Early Blueberry x1
Fem Island Sweet Skunk x3
Fem BC Golden Skunk x3
Fem Grapegod x3

Peak Seeds
Northern Berry x10
Skunk Berry x9
Nothern Skunk x9
Northern Lights x10
Blueberry x10
Sweet C99 x10
Texada Skunk x9

Seedsman Seeds
Fem Skunk #1 x3 (Tiger One Dist)
Fem ChemDawg x4 (Tiger One Dist)
Fem Blueberry x12
Fem Jack Herer x3
Fem White Widow x2
Auto Fem Kush x2
Auto Fem Lemon x2
Fem Cheese x3
Fem Velvet Bud x3

Norstar Genetics
Lands End x5
Solar Winds x3

TGASubcool
The Void x10

Mr Nice
G13 Haze x18

Brothers Grimm
Fem Cinderella XX x8

CBD Crew
Fem Shark CBD x5

T.H.Seeds
Fem Critical Hog x7

DNA
Fem LA Chocolat x9

Reserva Privada
Fem Sour Kush (headband) x3
Fem OG 18 (Kush) x6

Fast Buds Seeds
Auto Fem Gorilla Glue x6 9
Auto Fem West Coast OG (kush) x12
Auto Fem Girl Scout Cookies x5
Auto Fem Blackberry x9
Auto Fem Mexican Airlines x9
Auto Fem Crystal METH x9
Auto Fem Six Shooter x9
Auto Fem Stardawg x10

Royal Queen Seeds
Auto Fem Diesel x2
Auto Fem Critical x3

Exotic Seeds
Lemon Candy x1

Mephisto Genetics
Auto Fem Sour Hound x2

Dinafem
Auto Fem Blue Cheese x1

The large auto selection is for outdoor as I need them to be harvested early August due to uncertain weather conditions in my area. But I'd also like to run a tent full a few times to see the potential under the lights. I only smoke the best outdoor I can produce, the rest is used for tinctures and extracts.

Fitzera

Here are the males

Northern Skunk
picture.php

picture.php

Grpaegod x Blueberry
picture.php

picture.php

Mt apologies for the sideways pictures. I'm not sure why its doing that.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Nice man. I'm glad to see a thread on TS since there aren't too many of those around. His Nl stretches a little bit and it seems to me like there could be a tad of Sativa in it based on how how the leaves look too. I prefer shorter plants with close/tight internodes and was debating on getting some of his seeds in the Texada line. They're suppose to be very hardy and do well with minimal care outdoors. Potency isn't suppose to be the strongest in those lines, but I'm sure it's better than a lot of other genetics out there.

Looks like you have a fellow gardener to give you extra help! You think you could teach him how to trim? :biggrin:

Fitzera

Yeah you can see how tight the nodes are on the TS. The NS obviously stretched to almost double its size. Most of the texada crosses are only grown outdoors but its said they will do well indoors as well. Time will tell.

He and my other defoliator only go for leaves. They do hang out when I'm trimming and nibble leaves on branches I havent gotten to. But they're too slow, I couldnt justify paying them more than room and board.

Fitzera

Good morning!

picture.php

I had these two labelled backwards in my previous pictures. The OG18 is the short one and the Sour Kush is the stretched one.

Sour Kush
picture.php

OG18
picture.php

White Widow
picture.php

Jack Herer
picture.php

Fitzera

Yesterday I did some more defoliating and last shaving of their legs.

Day 16 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

Blue Cheese
picture.php

picture.php

Fitzera

I've moved the males from the room they were in to the yard. Not getting enough light in the room as theres just the one window. The temps for the next 2 weeks look ok so they should do alright. Their pollen is just for playing around anyhow

Northern skunk
Stem rub doesnt have a whole lot of smell but it is pleasant. Slight skunk with an almost vanilla cream.
picture.php

Grapegod x Blueberry
Stem rub provides a sweet blueberry fruit essence along with a almost tomatoe stem rub smell.
picture.php

20180902_132152.jpg

Fitzera

I'm at work so my wife is providing the pictures and her phone isn't the best camera. But none the less:

Critical
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg

Jack Herer
IMG_0778.jpg
IMG_0782.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts