What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

jidoka

So ima get honest. I want to add K to veg. But all of the usual fertigation suspects bring anions I don’t want...sulfate, phosphate, silicate, etc

Is foliar glycine an option?

Avenger

Veteran
ammonia(NH3) is neither cation(positively charged) nor anion(negatively charged) it is Neutral

ammonium(NH4+)is a cation

fucking semantics(word definitions)

Avenger

Veteran
if mass is energy, then please define mass for me? so I can understand what you are talking about when you say energy?

mass is a bodies ability to resist force and energy, so that would make it its antithesis. If anything mass contains energy in the form of bonds or subatomic particles.

MrBungle

I think of a root ball as a big complex battery that constantly uses energy and stores energy for the future. Nutrients and light are what charges the battery...

led05

Chasing The Present
Basically if you accept his premise that no3, Ca and k are the main veg energies and that nh4 (or now amino chelates N) and phosphate are the flowering energies the rest comes down to Mulder’s chart

In soil you find the balance of those and turn it loose. But in light media can I cheat just a bit or will I cause a hormone imbalance?

More testing.

Good post

please don't overlook the critical importance of Ca in flower and fruiting. I hear you that it drives growth but flowers or fruit w/out enough of it are fairly obvious to spot

jidoka

So with Ca...growing the strains I grow and following vpd...I find that I can easily get enough Ca through fertigation in veg

If I leave the level alone I see a big drop in top leaf and forming bud tissue during stretch. A big drop.

Then around week 4 it starts climbing back into a good range. The last 3 weeks it climbs too high

M

moose eater

Posted above is the analysis I received today. It came in as 1.4 MB, was turned into a 'paint' image jpeg, then resized to suit.

Hopefully it can be made readable for folks./

The 'Wiggle' category is 'Wiggle Worm' EWCs, the 'Soilless' is my current mix. The 'Wonder' is 'Wonder Worm' EWC. And 'Roots Or' is 'Roots Organic' EWC.

Any helpful insight to this would be very welcome.

Please.

And thanks.

M

moose eater

I've never posted a pic of my plants here; not in three memberships under the same handle, over the course of about a decade.

But for any skeptics, as well as for those who might want to see what a more recent organic mix yielded, with new lighting (a single 315cmh in a 4'x4'x6.5' area; no additional lighting), new mix, and a first-time effort with GTH#1, here ya' go...

And yes, she's a quality smoke, for certain. And a decent producer, too. She just needs more 'crutches' than some.

Arnold.

For your current mix what I see is this:

- P<<<K!
- I didn't run the numbers, but at first sight I would suspect you can up Ca as well with that Mg level

and Micro's:
- Fe/Mn > 0.8
- B < 4
- Cu < 14
- Zn < 10%P

All the EWC's have a lot more K than P.

I think for example bonemeal (P, Ca, N) could benefit you.
But I would recommend running the numbers. You can download my excel file a few pages back if you want to use that as a starting point.

Latest posts

Latest posts