Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Thread Title Search
-
incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2018, 12:30 AM #31
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate Dave View Post
That's one of the best looking scrogs I have ever seen

What did that pull?
12 days to go so don’t know. But I find that question completely useless. Once you know you see the obvious lies on this forum
jidoka is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:31 AM #32
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Sure look like your cytokinin levels were pushed, your fill in and fill out are impressive. Congratulations.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Last edited by slownickel; 01-05-2018 at 01:17 AM..
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 12:38 AM #33
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
No external cytokinins were used plus Mn levels need to be improved. I can do better
jidoka is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:40 AM #34
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
12 days to go so don’t know. But I find that question completely useless. Once you know you see the obvious lies on this forum
I can't make out the lighting or the plants par lamp but it looks nice & full. I like a 1/2 pipe. Well Done.

I might try that style in my Big Tent. Is there any pruning you have to do to set that shape in the plant? Any pointers?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:50 AM #35
jidoka

Mate...I will pm you.

The point is zero bottled nutes have good ratios period. What slow is saying is the truth. Figure it out for yourself is my point
jidoka is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:10 AM #36
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Me: What is are your fertilizer rates?

Grower: I put a gallon of 2-3-1 into a 275 gallon tote...

Me: So how much NPK was that over the 8 week cycle?

Grower: 6 gallons?

Me: What was your budget, again?
growingcrazy is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 02:13 AM #37
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
. Of course you can't get close to the ratios needed in the "mythical soil". That is what makes hydro so lousy. Hydro looks great, often smells great, but the terps, oils, yields and at the end of the day, smoking quality, aren't there IMHO.!
This wasn't true for me, even when I was only growing better crap than everyone around me. Since I was shown truly clean cannabis and have pursued it myself, I find my hydro cannabis to be significantly higher terp quality than soil. Amazingly and stupendously better...

Are you bowing and scraping to the holy ionic pathway? Your flowers most likely look like the one PoweredByLove didn't like. Cannabis has multiple paths of nutrient uptake, in addition to passive ionic uptake. Cannabis even absorbs elements it has zero need for, something which unwittingly affects the quality of many a soil grow. You're correct, PoweredByLove, it looks like crap and I'm glad you recognize it. Seriously overfed and no way to fix it, even with flushing for a month of sundays. The excesses are permanently bound to the plant tissue and you could definitely tell when using it, I'm sure.

Proper NPK and micros balance (and exclusion of unnecessary elements) is essential to growing superior quality cannabis. Feeding programs which allow only the necessary nutrients to be available, as the plant is able to use them, keeps excesses from building up and quality at optimum.

Any excess element in your mix will decrease your quality. Period. The more balanced your mix is, the closer you can get to maximum feed without damaging quality if/when your environmental conditions change (in an unwanted manner). A slight change in transpiration will mean overfeeding, with your excess element banging your quality down hard at that point.

I'm sure there are soil growers who grow better quality than I do. I'm also sure I simply haven't met the 1% who qualify. In comparison to clean hydro? The soil cannabis everyone is raving about tastes a lot like dirt, with a lot less flavor.

Those who have had their eyes opened to truly clean cannabis (soft, cool, flavorful and aromatic "air" when smoked, tasty down to the last hit in the bowl. Hydro or Soil it doesn't matter when done right), you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:23 AM #38
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud of
I'll take the pepsi challange with you @ Pure Analytics. Put your money where your mouth is

https://pureanalytics.net

Old 01-05-2018, 02:32 AM #39
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Looks like I am going to have to visit for the Pepsi challenge...
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone
slownickel is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 02:54 AM #40
jidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
This wasn't true for me, even when I was only growing better crap than everyone around me. Since I was shown truly clean cannabis and have pursued it myself, I find my hydro cannabis to be significantly higher terp quality than soil. Amazingly and stupendously better...

Are you bowing and scraping to the holy ionic pathway? Your flowers most likely look like the one PoweredByLove didn't like. Cannabis has multiple paths of nutrient uptake, in addition to passive ionic uptake. Cannabis even absorbs elements it has zero need for, something which unwittingly affects the quality of many a soil grow. You're correct, PoweredByLove, it looks like crap and I'm glad you recognize it. Seriously overfed and no way to fix it, even with flushing for a month of sundays. The excesses are permanently bound to the plant tissue and you could definitely tell when using it, I'm sure.

Proper NPK and micros balance (and exclusion of unnecessary elements) is essential to growing superior quality cannabis. Feeding programs which allow only the necessary nutrients to be available, as the plant is able to use them, keeps excesses from building up and quality at optimum.

Any excess element in your mix will decrease your quality. Period. The more balanced your mix is, the closer you can get to maximum feed without damaging quality if/when your environmental conditions change (in an unwanted manner). A slight change in transpiration will mean overfeeding, with your excess element banging your quality down hard at that point.

I'm sure there are soil growers who grow better quality than I do. I'm also sure I simply haven't met the 1% who qualify. In comparison to clean hydro? The soil cannabis everyone is raving about tastes a lot like dirt, with a lot less flavor.

Those who have had their eyes opened to truly clean cannabis (soft, cool, flavorful and aromatic "air" when smoked, tasty down to the last hit in the bowl. Hydro or Soil it doesn't matter when done right), you know exactly what I'm talking about.
How do you feel about nickel, cobalt, iodine? Good or bad?
jidoka is offline Quote