What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Ksaderfo

I seek the Elders of the Internet...

I seek the Elders of the Internet...

So this is where we are at... 70cm tall give or take... There are chunks.. I mean really big chunks of bud all over... the frost extends to some of the bud fanleaves... Wont be trimming this one much... :biggrin:

All of the chunks are kinda equal in volume.. Which is totally because of my half-ass LST and has nothing to do with it's fantastic genetics.. (Reaaally nice chron plant... )

-The crystals were all clear yesterday.. Plus most of the pistils are still white... Can this thing swell any more?? :bigeye:

-How long do you think this thing has before it matures? It cant be more then two weeks? Or ... Can it? :biggrin:

-I still give some fish and a middle dose of Bloom ferts... You think I could go crazy with the Bloom nutes at this point? Like beyond recommended doses? Would that be doing anything? I don't think that I am gonna use Top Max.. Or should I? Seems a bit unnecessary..

-You can see the burned tip at this photo.. It's probably normal to get older fan leaves crapping out at this point but ya think it's a nute burn or deficiency? I think it's PK related.. It actually seems to be doing Ok in N, there are almost no yellow-ing leaves on it..

Fanks!

PS: Check the huge buds in the middle-low branches right next to the stem... This ain't Pop Corn.. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180614_095806.jpg
    20180614_095806.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 30

orfeas

Veteran
oye, aksa, it ain't your LST, it's the genes stupid! :biggrin:
I haven't touched this plant, I swear! Well, apart from fondling it... :)
go figure..

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S she's 7 1/2 weeks old now...when do I hang her upside down? :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100418.jpg
    P1100418.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P1100435.jpg
    P1100435.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 28

Bleiweis

Veteran
So out of 6 plants i've identified several phenos:
1x indica pheno

3x hybrid pheno

1x sativa pheno

1x unknown pheno

I'll post pictures of the plants i have available later on. Currently i'm just posting the unknown pheno pic. Maybe a ruderalis expression? It's really big and smells nice (fruity)...could be an extreme sativa pheno also i guess?

Attachments

• AMNL3.jpg
    AMNL3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 27
  • AMNL2.jpg
    AMNL2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 24
  • AMNL1.jpg
    AMNL1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 27

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@ Dubi I like the sound of the new auto lines you are working on. Will they be ready by next season? I need to run these outside next season. I tried giving them a flush but Im not sure if it helped. I did get a smell off a few of them. One smells of musty fruit. Another one has a old school pine smell and the other smells of strawberry yogurt. I will give a more in depth smell report when i chop each one down. Here is some more pics. They were taken with a cell phone and a magnifying glass lol.......

Hi highroller614,

Not sure when the new autoflowering strains will be released, it depends a lot on the sucess at F2 stage when selecting fully autoflowering phenos with the desirable traits from the strain we want to become autoflowering (in these 2 new cases: Zamaldelica and Panama).

Regarding your plants, glad you are founding the yogurt aromas in some of your Auto Malawi x NLs, i also found pear and strawberry yogurt aromas mainly in the higher yielding and bigger sativa/indica phenos and they are quite appealing.

Looks like your autoflowering plants are close to finish, i would recommend you to flush them until they don't show signs of feeding toxicity on the leaves or harvest before they start to be overripe in case you cannot correct it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just started some [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auto Malawi x Northern Lights.
They're in Happy Frog soil and wanted to know what you guys have been doing for nutrients.
I have Big Bloom and SUPERthrive on hand.
Do you have any recommendations for nutrients?]

Hi Azure :)

So nice to see you around growing some Auto Malawi x NLs!

I like to recommend these 3 simple tips when growing autos:

1) Provide them as much light intensity as you can.
2) Grow them in big pots since the start, always avoiding the plants get rootbound.
3) If plants are grown in a rich soil mix and in big pots then they won't need feeding in their first weeks of life, i just like to recommend the use of liquid root hormones at this stage (like Canna's Rhizotonic) to speed up their root system so they grow faster and can accept more nutrients from the soil, by doing you will maximize the size and yield of your autos and you will only probably need to fertilize a bit with flowering fertilizer in the flowering stage, just in case they ask for it.

Hope it helps. Good luck with them! :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So this is where we are at... 70cm tall give or take... There are chunks.. I mean really big chunks of bud all over... the frost extends to some of the bud fanleaves... Wont be trimming this one much... :biggrin:

All of the chunks are kinda equal in volume.. Which is totally because of my half-ass LST and has nothing to do with it's fantastic genetics.. (Reaaally nice chron plant... )

-The crystals were all clear yesterday.. Plus most of the pistils are still white... Can this thing swell any more?? :bigeye:

-How long do you think this thing has before it matures? It cant be more then two weeks? Or ... Can it? :biggrin:

-I still give some fish and a middle dose of Bloom ferts... You think I could go crazy with the Bloom nutes at this point? Like beyond recommended doses? Would that be doing anything? I don't think that I am gonna use Top Max.. Or should I? Seems a bit unnecessary..

-You can see the burned tip at this photo.. It's probably normal to get older fan leaves crapping out at this point but ya think it's a nute burn or deficiency? I think it's PK related.. It actually seems to be doing Ok in N, there are almost no yellow-ing leaves on it..

Fanks!

PS: Check the huge buds in the middle-low branches right next to the stem... This ain't Pop Corn.. :biggrin:

View Image

Hi Ksaderfo,

If most of the pistils are white and all the trichomes are still transparent then she is not ripe yet and still can produce more resins, terpenes and probably pack a bit more of weight too.

Anyway, looks like the plant you have posted in your last post is close to finish so i would stop using fertilizers and would start with the flushing.
If you can post closer bud pics then i can recommend you better.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Approximately 8 weeks of life.I guess in 5-6 weeks tops the two faster ones will be finished,while the other one will get an August harvest.These girls look that they can really yield,I can only imagine what they can do with more light...

Hi Syd,

Really like the way how your autoflowering plants are flowering since your last update, looks like they are accepting very well (and enjoying) your latest feedings!

I think they will be ready for July, they mature faster than one would expect ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
oye, aksa, it ain't your LST, it's the genes stupid! :biggrin:
I haven't touched this plant, I swear! Well, apart from fondling it... :)
go figure..

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S she's 7 1/2 weeks old now...when do I hang her upside down? :biggrin:

Hi orfeas,

Looking lovely :yummy: Nice sativa/indica pheno, usually my favourite expressions from this Auto Malawi x NL release belong to this pheno.

Looks she still will need at least 2 weeks more to finish, for a more accurate estimation please post a closer bud pic if you have the chance.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So out of 6 plants i've identified several phenos:
1x indica pheno

3x hybrid pheno

1x sativa pheno

1x unknown pheno

I'll post pictures of the plants i have available later on. Currently i'm just posting the unknown pheno pic. Maybe a ruderalis expression? It's really big and smells nice (fruity)...could be an extreme sativa pheno also i guess?

Hi Bleiweis,

Usually these extremely foxtailed, very resinous and low yielding phenos come from extreme sativa phenos from S1 seeds, thus the lower yield. It's not the best pheno (i prefer the higher yielding sativa/indica phenos) due to its low yield and lack of bag appeal, but really offers extreme and unique sativa qualities in an autoflowering strain, which is not very common.

Looking forward to see the other phenos in your garden :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Auto Malawi x NLs F4 starting to flower 2nd week of June.

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June 2.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June 2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June 3.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs F4 2nd week of June 3.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 29

Ksaderfo

Hi Ksaderfo,

If most of the pistils are white and all the trichomes are still transparent then she is not ripe yet and still can produce more resins, terpenes and probably pack a bit more of weight too.

Anyway, looks like the plant you have posted in your last post is close to finish so i would stop using fertilizers and would start with the flushing.
If you can post closer bud pics then i can recommend you better.

Hi D! :)

Hey thanks.. I can't really post closer pics at the moment.. (my macro Photography budget got blown.. :biggrin: ) but here is like an end bud of the lower branches.

It's all swollen.. the trichomes are .. cloudy-ish? and most of the pistils are actually still white..

Probably not a problem to keep the schedule as it is for another week or so.. and then flush.. which I will..

Should I place it in the dark prior to harvest? (it looks like this will actually be harvested in one go.. ) will that do anything?

Fanks! :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180614_162109.jpg
    IMG_20180614_162109.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20180614_162159.jpg
    IMG_20180614_162159.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 23

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
My Auto's

My Auto's

Hello all, my Auto Malawi x Northern Lights just started flowering.

These plants are very exciting to me. To know they will finish here and be of the highest quality ROCKS!!! Peace :tiphat:

highroller614

more pics......

more pics......

I harvested 4 of these ladies yesterday and spent 5 hours trimming them. So it is a meticulous trim job but we worth it. @ stankydankys As far as yield goes I would consider it low. But at the same time I'm going to smoke some exotic sativa smoke so I 'm happy. On day 5 I will give a total weight on each plant. It just like calyxes stacked all over itself. And It's very resinous plant as you will see....

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
6-17 update

6-17 update

Hello my friends, Just a quick update of my Auto Malawi x Northern Lights. Both ladies seem to be doing well. The pistils have started forming bud clusters over both plants.

I will try and do at least one update a week here through harvest. I really enjoy seeing the other plants posted on this thread. Very nice job everyone!!! Peace :tiphat:

G

Update !

I think I won't be harvesting anything in less than 2 weeks ,that is when the smallest one will be readyish. The puffy one needs a good 3 weeks and the stretchy at least 4 .

SsBMJZB.jpg
FRxPyqs.jpg
pEgpY6M.jpg
k0YPocT.jpg
8rMTBpB.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Syd, it looks like a nice outdoor set up you have going. Partly cloudy sky here today, but the girls will get plenty of sun.
I have about 6' or 2 meters for stretch and flowering. I hope they use it all. Peace