What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afropips - Senegal Haze

B

Bob Green

I was just gifted a pack of Senagal Haze F2s and was wondering if any of you know what the Phoenix Haze side of the mix is made up of? I cant seem to find much info on this cross. I remembered hearing about it in the MNS Grail thread and a few other places online. I am pretty excited to have these for sure.

bradipo

SH in November

SH in November

Hi BG,

I've no idea about the Haze used for the SenegalHaze, but I can show you two different phenos, harvest mid-november 2014 (48°N), great plants, great weeds:

I :
attachment.php

attachment.php

II :
attachment.php

attachment.php

Have a good grow! :biggrin:

B.

Attachments

• SH5.jpg
    SH5.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 15
  • SH3.jpg
    SH3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
  • SH2.jpg
    SH2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SH1.jpg
    SH1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15

bigherb

Veteran
Bradipo

They both look very healthy .That #2 is a sexy lady

Keep us posted on your progress

Btw GS is right about lineage

1luvbighern

B

Bob Green

So the Poenix Haze is NH X SSH, or Nevils' F2?

Thanks for the pics. Not easy to find reports on this line.

So the Poenix Haze is NH X SSH, or Nevils' F2?

Thanks for the pics. Not easy to find reports on this line.

Phoenix Haze was actually a project by DG, which got busted.

F1 seeds of Nevilles Haze and Super Silver Haze were in the room but more Nevilles Haze if I remember correctly. The bust took all the plants in the breeding room but seeds were collected from the floor and this was called Phoenix Haze.

Select for brown stems in veg and they will turn red in flower, purple flowers with white to orange pistils, smells like port wine grapey brandy.. fucking smells up the garden, even if outdoors.. intoxicating.

Snow

Phoenix Haze was actually a project by DG, which got busted.
Who is DG? Only Dutchgrown pops in my mind.
Select for brown stems in veg and they will turn red in flower, purple flowers with white to orange pistils, smells like port wine grapey brandy.. fucking smells up the garden, even if outdoors.. intoxicating.

Snow
I remember your pics of red stemmed plant, dunno i where i saw em, here or at breed bay. Beautiful.:)

B

Bob Green

Thanks for the info Mota. I love port wine and will be keeping an eye out for that pheno. Does anyone know much about the African Senegal used in the hybrid?

idiit

Veteran
that was snow's ( mota's) last post in a while. best regards to you snow. :) wish you would post here at ic more. we even gots a snowhigh strain thread here now:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=311108

snow posted some great pics of Senegal haze on another board.

here

if the link doesn't work go to the grail phoenix haze thread I found in the google search link:

^https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22phoenix+haze%22+snow

dave coulier's perspective that the dutch grown seeds on the ground/Senegal haze is a little sketchy is not out of line imo. nevil did respond somewhat to snow's inquiry to nevil at the above link:

Senegel Haze a little history gathered from here and there. The Senegel Haze is a cross of a Senegelese sativa from Zamalito crossed to Phoenix Haze. Phoenix Haze is actually Nevilles Haze crossed to Nevilles Haze with a slight chance of Nevilles Haze x Super Silver Haze. This Nevilles Haze line wasn't from Green House or Mr. Nice seeds but handed from Neville Schoenmachers private stash, from Neville himself. This stash of F1 seeds was handed to Dutchgrown to make more Nevilles Haze, unfortunately the projects was busted and only the seeds on the floor were left. These seeds collected were given to JLP to make more, thus calling it Phoenix Haze.

Is the above true Nevil? At least the part about you providing Dutch Grown some of your original Nevilles Haze around 2000-2002?

Anyway this Senegel Haze leans toward the Nevilles Haze side and more toward the Purple Haze.
snow

Looks like Haze to me Snowhigh.
nevil

snow states this Senegal haze has some of the most delightful terps he's run across:

The Senegel Haze was very exotic in flower, almost intoxicating in flower. I can't really put a finger on it but exotic sweet perfume with a spicy edge. The high from the Senegel Haze is electric and can cause heart palpitations and sweating, very visual and intense high with no ceiling and extremely high in THC
picture.php

^ got great red stemmed no hermie Senegal haze pollen stored in freezer. got a female pictured above hoping she stays hermie free.

I also got what I think is the perfect mate for commercial Senegal haze; santa maria sativa dom. good bud structure, fantastic terps, real good resin/frost, intense energetic up clean sativa high effects. fairly fast due to some but not much wld influence from no mercy's santa maria bx.

B

Bob Green

Good day idiit,

Thanks for the pictures and info. Your red stemmed plant is a beauty for certain. Nice to hear you found a solid non hermi red male to play with as well. Are they F1s direct from Afropips? I need to send Cannabiogen an email and see if I can dig up any info on the SH F2s I was gifted.

The Santa Maria cross does sound like a solid plan. Red fruit, port wine, delicious combo! Shortened flowering time. Yeah man that could be a hit.

The Phoenix Haze part of SH just wants to be a mystery for the time being.

I remember the Grail thread and hearing Snow talk about her. Crazy how it all went down in the end but it got a lot of minds stirring, and a lot of great friends where made in that quest. I had not seen those Senegal Haze pictures in years. I am really glad they didn't disappear. I am trying to compile a Senegal file from different threads around the net.

You are a landrace collecting stud idiit! Always a pleasure to read what you have going on.

idiit

Veteran
You are a landrace collecting stud idiit!

I've got an undescended testicle from weight lifting. sucked right up into my lower abdomen somewhere so at best i'm a "one nutter". more than one take on that "one nutter". :)

the seeds came from a swap buddy's repro. unnamed for now.

i'm going thru a lot of strains to find a few to focus on. Senegal haze has got my juices flowing in anticipation.

bradipo

SH1 clone

SH1 clone

Hi everybody,
SH cloned from the 2014 harvest, plant 1; this time at the 42°N, but on a guerilla style!
Pic shoot ten days ago and we'll have a next look only in two months; I hope mother nature will be generous...
:biggrin:
Have a good grow.
B.

Attachments

• SH T 2_1.jpg
    SH T 2_1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
B

Bob Green

Awe man what a beauty!!! I love the spread out structure she has.

So so cool...

bradipo

Two months later ^^

Two months later ^^

One of the four ladies!
I'm not there but I asked to my friend for more and better pics!
Good harvest everybody...
B.
PS: well done Numide, as usual! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_4 - Copie.jpg
    IMG_4 - Copie.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 18

bradipo

SH 2016

SH 2016

Hi everybody,
more Senegal Haze for this 2016 season!
The last ones was really delicious and very energetic! Badly I lost the buds pictures...
Those actual plants started quite late from seeds, in july, and then put in soil only at the beginning of august. I took those pics in mid-september...
"A suivre", as we say in french.
:biggrin:
Take it easy.
Bradipo.

Attachments

• WP_20160919_12_08_47_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_08_47_Pro.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20160919_12_08_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_08_37_Pro.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20160919_12_08_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_08_29_Pro.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20160919_12_08_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_08_08_Pro.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20160919_12_07_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_07_54_Pro.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20160919_12_09_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160919_12_09_11_Pro.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 15

bradipo

PS: Mustafunk, you asked me about the end of the Angola Malanje (and I guess I haven't enough posts to answer to your message?!?), it was to cold in my area to finish it in time, they were never ending plants and may be never starting plants!
; )
Salutations...

B

bringyalungs

looking good brad, got some senegal on deck as well..looki g goos for late start..welcome man

Cloneman

Veteran
I was just gifted a pack of Senagal Haze F2s and was wondering if any of you know what the Phoenix Haze side of the mix is made up of? I cant seem to find much info on this cross. I remembered hearing about it in the MNS Grail thread and a few other places online. I am pretty excited to have these for sure.

Schoenmachers private stash, from Neville himself. This stash of F1 seeds was handed to Dutchgrown to make more Nevilles Haze, unfortunately the projects was busted and only the seeds on the floor were left. These seeds collected were given to JLP to make more, thus calling it Phoenix Haze.

Reading this reminded me that I got a freebee pack of the "Phoenix" from JLP, got to be over 10 years ago, bless him. Have to have a look for them....

Latest posts

Latest posts