Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > *The K.I.S.S. Method*

Thread Title Search
-
Post Reply
*The K.I.S.S. Method* Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM #11
greentrich
"Death is the road to awe..."

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 298
greentrich will become famous soon enough
How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.
greentrich is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:23 PM #12
CranAppleGemz
Member

CranAppleGemz's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 274
CranAppleGemz will become famous soon enoughCranAppleGemz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioni Botani View Post
..... I believe it was Dongle69 that started the idea..The plants LOVE it!!!!

i sure miss Dongle69...i wonder where she could be?
__________________
CranAppleGemz is offline Quote


Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 PM #13
Psycho Paul
Banned

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 86
Psycho Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
'Tis the method I use. 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB for the last 4 days before final two week flush.
I'm an avid user of the K.I.S.S. method. My whole entire grow, and I mean from seedling 'til end of flower flush, gets 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom. Period.
Everything in my album/old gallery (with the exception of my early soil days)was grown with said 1 tsp/gal of Maxibloom.
I did a whole grow log in Mosca's forum with his C99BX, all Maxibloom.
I may be leaving a few grams by not using a bunch of additives but for shear simplicity and cost, Maxibloom cannot be beat.
A $15 bag of Maxibloom last's me two 60 day flower runs...

*EDIT* Just wanted to add; I grow in coco but have a few moms in Rockwool blocks and I can verify that Maxibloom plays VERY well with rockwool. Also, a good buddy uses Maxibloom on ebb/flow tables and all is fantastic!
Hey Guest.

Do you have to water pretty much every day then with coco? I wonder how maxibloom works in sunshine/pro-mix and those mediums. I am sure it works just as well.

I am going to give it a try soon.
Psycho Paul is offline Quote


Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 PM #14
Psycho Paul
Banned

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 86
Psycho Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrich View Post
How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.
If you look at the nutrient profile you can see it contains both cal and mag. If it's not enough for cal/mag hungry ladies then I guess you'd have to just supplement with a cal-mag product. That wouldn't take too long to figure out and adjust accordingly.
Psycho Paul is offline Quote


4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM #15
greentrich
"Death is the road to awe..."

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 298
greentrich will become famous soon enough
Quote:
If you look at the nutrient profile you can see it contains both cal and mag.
Wow..the amount of ca and mg is actually pretty impressive for an all in one nute. So much so that if one of these deficiencies crept up, it wouldn't be that bad to the point where a small supplement would bring them right back in line.

Thank you Paul
greentrich is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM #16
Ioni Botani
Member

Ioni Botani's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoOr
Posts: 859
Ioni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the rough
Wink Tap Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrich View Post
Wow..the amount of ca and mg is actually pretty impressive for an all in one nute. So much so that if one of these deficiencies crept up, it wouldn't be that bad to the point where a small supplement would bring them right back in line.

Thank you Paul
Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I
__________________

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

"Picked up a seed and he said,
'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."
Ioni Botani is offline Quote


Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 PM #17
Ioni Botani
Member

Ioni Botani's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoOr
Posts: 859
Ioni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the roughIoni Botani is a jewel in the rough
LF.com!

A LINK FOR THOSE STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND


Take it all in.

I
__________________

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

"Picked up a seed and he said,
'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."
Ioni Botani is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 PM #18
Guest 18340
Guest

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrich View Post
How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.
Their are a few guys here on the 'mag who use ro and Maxibloom and swear they don't need to add extra cal or mg.
I'm in Florida and this state is a lime stone shelf so our water is loaded with calcium, you can actually smell it, smells like wet clay.
My tap comes out between 290-350ppm's at any given time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CranAppleGemz View Post
i sure miss Dongle69...i wonder where she could be?
Apparently she left becaue she was not happy about yummybud being banned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Paul View Post
Hey Guest.

Do you have to water pretty much every day then with coco? I wonder how maxibloom works in sunshine/pro-mix and those mediums. I am sure it works just as well.

I am going to give it a try soon.
Yes, I water/feed everyday in coco. Unless the roots are still too small for the pot they're in, then I'll do a few wet/dry days until roots poke out the drain holes.
I can tell you from experience that Maxibloom works with soil, check my thread in Mosca forum,https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191205
I'm sure it will work with pro mix
Quote


Old 10-13-2010, 11:12 PM #19
Gsizzle
Senior Member

Gsizzle's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Jungle Where The Weak Are Eaten Alive
Posts: 1,342
Gsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant futureGsizzle has a brilliant future
I also found the K.I.S.S. to be effective with FNB (Flora Nova Bloom) at 7ml to 15ml depending on tap water source and stages of growth with no additives. Younger plants 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dose. It also has a decent amount of Ca and Mg from the bottle. The added bonus is the Humic Acid. The down part of FNB is it does have a shelf life and the shaking to get things mixed up lol.
__________________
The Search For Sizzle

Gsizzle is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 AM #20
emerald city
Guest

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioni Botani View Post
Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I
Im glad this system works for you and your water supply...I dont belive that it will work for everones situation.Unless the nitrogen used in the maxi product is very acidic[anm-urea] i would still need ph down NOT up to balance my water and keep the mediums ph from riseing...on that note i plan on trying both maxi gro and bloom products and see what happens as im all for the kiss approach.
Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:44 PM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.