What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please critique my cabinet idea.

lusus

So I have for ages been trying do design a cabinet to fit a specific area I have available.

What I had in mind initially was a lot more complicated, with more compartments, but I have sacrificed a few in order to simplify or else I will never build this thing and I want to get started with it asap.

I think I am close to something that is simple and efficient even though I'm pretty sure I'm not utilizing the space as well as I could be so... please do scrutinize

Ok so explaining the cabinet:
1- flower room
2- mom's and clones
3- drying cabinet
4- autos and seed grows

I'm going to grow sog Dr bud style and the cabinet will be lit with led bulbs.

How would you improve this?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20181125_140630.jpg
    IMG_20181125_140630.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 21

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
If I'm reading your diagram right, it looks like you only have about 31 inches of headroom. That wouldn't work for me.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Looks good. The only thing that comes to mind is to make sure you have proper light proofing in the right places, but other than that it seems fine.

I do want to say that I think the drying space *might* be unnecessary if you could dry in the space where the carbon filter and fan are. That might allow you to remove space #3 and make #2 and/or #4 bigger. But it's not necessarily a bad idea to have a space dedicated to it.

Really, just make sure you are properly light proofing spaces 1 and 4 from space 2. Light leaks can ruin everything.

:tiphat:

Edit: Jellyfish is right, that's pretty limited vertical space, but it can be done, especially if going the Dr bud route. But personally, I would have the main flowering space take up the entire vertical dimension of the box, rather than the entire horizontal. And I would do SCROG style to maximize yield.

lusus

Thanks for your comments guys!

Jellyfish, I'm going to be putting my clones in 12/12 as soon as they're rooted, no veg at all so I don't think I'll need more vertical space, in fact I have allowed a tad bit more than other guys i have seen growing in the same style just to be safe.

Hush, I like your idea about moving the drying to where the filter is.
And now that I think of it all I have to do is rotate and shift the filter&fan and place it along the top right corner above space #2 to gain head space in #3 which would then become a re-veg chamber!

Cheers!

Iamnumber

looks like passive intake in 1 .. I would position the passive intake and vent to area 2 so that air would flow through the whole '1' ..

as I read it now I guess air would just flow up and leave other side of 1 with less airflow.

Latest posts

Latest posts