What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blackone's Bubble Gum Battle

blackone

Veteran
Sorry to say I haven't measured :) But it's a comfortable temperature in the room for me or I think I would have noticed. So I guess anywhere between 18 and 22C. Babies are standing on a table so I'm not worried about cold feet either. When these drink their water I think I'll just repot them. I've always had trouble keeping plants healthy in the small cups.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Looking good now that you cleaned things up but LOL, those first pics are Yummybud worthy. .:)

8 days after putting seeds in paper towels. Serious Seeds seems to be the fastest grower so far, even faster than the freebies.
Am I just being impatient? Seems to me they should all be a little further along after 8 days.
Serious :

View Image

TH Seeds:
View Image

Freebies:
View Image

blackone

Veteran
Haha yeah. Probably shouldn't have posted those but I wanted them for journaling purposes.
And got told off and it made me get my lazy ass to work so I guess it was a good idea anyway.

blackone

Veteran
I repotted yesterday. A couple more plants were showing a bit of necrosis on lower leaves and I think it must have something to do with them being rootbound, because they were. All of the plants showing symptoms were among the fastest growers, and none of the slow growers were showing similar symptoms. And all of the faster growers were presenting roots that were less than fresh and white, while the slower growers had fresh roots with lots of feeder hairs.
Growth has also stalled for the largest plants. I hope they take off now - I really should have taken pictures for reference but I'll get some tonight.

I believe this has set me back around 2 days - more if they don't rebound fast so I really should repot as soon as the soil is held together by the roots when starting seeds. It almost feels like I have to learn to grow again after not having grown for years, repeating the same mistakes I used to do before.

The plan is to top them before long, and I want to take 2 clones from each. I can't really decide how many nodes I want, and I don't remember how long it used to take for plants to respond to topping. I Might go for LST instead, but I'm undecided.

blackone

Veteran
Growth has already resumed. Funny thing is transplant shock is something I've never experienced. Every time I have repotted in the past the plants have already thanked me for it the next day. Today is no exception :)

Serious:

picture.php

TH Seeds:
picture.php

Freebies:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
I will thanks. I'm not too worried though because I'll be topping these and they'll be flowered under a 600w HPS so I can deal with some height. If they get too wide then I'll just turn on my 400 too.
I see you're the one who did a Bubble Gum test grow that I was following. Are you still keeping mothers?

Nico Farmer

yeah, topping is a good choice (from seeds)
no needed for clones.
I need some space, so I put my mothers in 12/12, week 6. I will only keep one pheno, the most tasty. I sent the pink pheno to Simon (4 or 6 clones, I don t remember :smoker: ) so it will not be lost :biggrin:

:tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
I would definitely also be preferring the most tasty pheno - after all that's what I'm looking for. I do like to top when growing from clone also because I hate it when buds get too large and I find mold in them. It also lets me even out the canopy a bit more. I don't do it when I grow higher density - like 25 or more in a 120X120 area but I want to move away from that anyway and grow larger plants. It makes life simpler to deal with fewer but larger plants.

blackone

Veteran
Nice, did you start them already? You're welcome to post a few pics in here so we can compare.

blackone

Veteran
Let me know when you start them:)
Update time for the girls, 3 weeks in soil and 24 days since I started germing them. I decided to top a few above the 5th node today. One of the plants I topped hasn't really shown any secondary growth while the rest are starting to branch slightly. I don't remember at all how fast plants respond to topping, so I have no idea really if this is the correct time. The rest will follow when they leave me enough space above the 5th to top - a couple of slow veggers might be topped above the 4th if they don't hurry up.
Serious :
picture.php

TH Seeds + Red Dragon:
picture.php

Freebies:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Topped plants, including the non-branching pheno. I might have accidentally fimmed a few because I barely had enough space.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
The rest of my plants have now been topped. They're fighting for space now and asking me to put up another light soon. I bought a 2x36w flouro today that I'll be adding tomorrow. I wanted to do it today but I need a plug that I forgot to buy.
picture.php

The reluctant Serious BG still doesn't want to bush out. I hope she'll come around.
picture.php

Another Serious BG, more bushy:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
I didn't get around to putting up the third lamp before today but still the plants have been growing nicely.
After I put it up the plants are still fighting for space.
What do you want? My blood???
They do get some more light to their bottoms though so that should help them bush out a little faster. Somehow I get the feeling though that it won't be more than a few days before they politely ask me for a bigger pot and to be put under the 400w to grow some roots before hitting 12/12 on the 600w. I also think they will have a referendum around 7 days 12/12 to force me to turn on both the 400w and the 600w...
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. They're growing pretty well despite the burnt leaves and some deficiency symptoms - interveinal chlorosis.
I gave them a feeding yesterday with half strength organic fertilizer. I'm not sure it's really optimal because it's basically tomato fertilizer and I need to order some real ferts soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts