What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Irie's 400w Cab

IrieEyes

Whats up everyone,
Im new on these boards, and this is my first indoor grow.. just wanted to share some pics from my first indoor, and i plant to post results of future grows here as well.

I grow in soil, under a 400W digital MH/HPS.
This grow was a disaster - overfed my plants and didnt monitor PH. the result was some very sick plants late in flower.
I got 3 females from my 10 pack of sadhu, and only 1 looks like it will make it to harvest due to my overfeeding :(

I used foxfarm GrowBig for veg, at label strength, every watering, and TigerBloom with BigBloom for flowering. so i learned my lesson on that one, 1/4 strength and not every watering next time :bashhead:

anyway one plant was very strong and nothing seemed to be able to hurt her, she never showed signs of nute burn, despite being on the same schedule that nearly killed my other plants.
here are the pics of her:

edit: i cant post pics until i post a few more times... just a few mins... or check my gallery

Last edited:

IrieEyes

The best plant (Sadhu)

Her twin sister in veg: (two plants sprouted from same seed

this is what the sick plants look like:

It is overfeeding right?

nano

I always thought that nute burn showed at the tip of the leaf, looks more like a defiency of some sort, to me atleast. I wish someone more helpful stops by to help you more.

IrieEyes

thanks nano.. i was wondering if it could be a nutrient lockout from ph.. i tested the runoff at 5.5. have it up to 6.25 now..

green_grow

Veteran
are you gonna re-veg that plant that stood up to the beating, or do you have cuttings from it already ? sounds like a keeper to me.

IrieEyes

yah.. i have a cutting that was taken in mid flower.. its alive and rooted but it hasnt sprouted any new growth.. if it doesnt make it i will reveg her. do u think it looks like nutrient burn / ph out of balance?

FarmerTed

IrieEyes, if you post a pic in the Cannabis Infirmary you should have no problem getting it taken care of. Theres also a sick plant guide you can take a look at with pics for referance. Good luck, FT

IrieEyes

Thanks, farmer ted. I think im a bit late in flower to be correcting problems.. pretty much taking the other two plants as losses.. although they are looking a lot better since i started giving them water only.

I think my number 4 plant is almost ready to harvest. I plan to cut it right above the lowest internode, and try to reveg it from the single internode.

heres some updated pics of her.

DAY 58:

The twin sister: (was always much smaller)

Some lower nugs on number 4 (the keeper):

Leaf buds:

this girl stinks up the whole room. smells something like sweet candy now.

Last edited:

IrieEyes

i guess im a one man band over here.. its all good i need a grow journal anyhow. maybe this could be moved to the grow diary section?

DAY 59:

TWIN:

SADHU 6:

five_put

That one pheno looks pretty nice, you'll have to tell us how the smoke was.

If those plants were all out of the same pack of seeds, and they were all fed the same amount of nutes etc, then maybe the other few were just weak phenos, because it looks like you have a lot of variability there judging by the difference in your pics.

I'm not saying that you weren't overfeeding, but compared to that one nice pheno, the other couple aren't even worth worrying about by the looks of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts