What's new

400w versus 600w

Is there a big difference in the quality of bud grown with these two bulbs? I know the 600w has moe par watts than 400w, so it will yield more, i'm not sure of how much more, but what about the overall grade of the bud?

G

I can't say anything for the 600's but 400's are my speciality. You should also take into consideration what type of bulb. I have noticed a HUGE change in my final product by switching from HPS/MH to CMH. No CMH fro 600's though.

I suppose I didn't help solve the issue, just complicate it more. Sorry, just trying to give you all the angles. Take it easy.

- no worries

G

Although I can say this....

I started with Floros then went to 250W then to 400W then to 800W. Each increased in overall yield. THe density of the buds increased and the spacing of the nodes decreased, but the Floros got me just as high as the 800W. Quality across the board.

However, the exception to this is that my outdoor bud has been getting me higher than anything. period

- n dubbya

GirthDogg

For me it's just about how many plants you want to fit under the light. I've grown monsters with a 430w, but that was also because 1-2 girls would have the whole thing to themselves under an awesome reflector. The 600w is the preferred light for efficiency, and I like them the best, but if your plant count is low, then the 400 will rock better than you think as long as it's up close and personal with your baby.

and by the way, the 430w made bud of very high quality :joint:

Z

zoolander

I went from 400's to 600's and notice a big difference but like Girthdogg said the number of plants can also come into play

i'm going to have 6,7, maybe 8 plants. i've been thinking about the outdoor thing. the only problem is my temps this spring/summer are going to be in the high 90's with vey hi humidity as well. i'll see about finding a nice, shaded area for the tent. as of tomorrow they begin under the 240w of fluoro tubes. i guess i have some time to think things through aka: deal with the cash situation.

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Differences include 200w on the electric bill, added heat and in return you get a bunch more lumens and light spread. If you can cool it properly go 600 and don't look back :joint:

-Funk

i know man.. those par watts mean something indeed i think.. its gonna come down to the cash situation. i might be able to afford $140 for the 400, but $240 ehh... well we'll see shit i might do outdoors who knows

FarmerTed

Something to consider is how big will your grow space be? Mines about 1' 6" x 3' x 4', i went with 400w. My decision was based on equipment cost, electric bill, grow space etc... A 400w will penetrate about 21". Doing sog, flowering at 4", my plants topped out around 18" & produced a main cola of 10-14g dried in a 1 gal/pot. If you want to max it out thats 18 plants @ say 10g per cola=180g or about 6 oz. 14g=252g or 9oz. My personal best cola in 1 gal pot under 400w was 22g dried. My stuff received rave reviews. They were convinced whomever i got it from, nobody knows i grow, must be growing hydro. I'll take that as a compliment, i grow in soil. Base your decision on your personal situation, if your just growing for your own top notch bud i dont think you'll be dissappointed either way. A 400w will produce plenty of grade a bud for you for less money up front and per month on the electric bill.
Ft

yeah i was thinking about going 1gallon, about 8 plants. i can wait till they're a little bigger, say, 8" and hopefully I'll get pretty close to those 8 oz I'm hoping for.

I've been seeing some pictures of Sam's O.Haze X Skunk1 and it looks absolutely fucking delicious and potent! Hope to keep a really good one. I love haze!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts