What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

565 watt T8 flouros rack (AK-48, White Widow, Chemdawg D x SD IBL)

Hello folks! :dance:

Dubphiend is the inspiration for these curved T8 racks. I had 10 - 4 bulb ballasts and wanted to fit them all in a closet....so his curved rack idea allowed me to do this.

Heres the rack over the three strains:

Heres the closet where i will be putting two of these racks:

Stay tuned as i finish the closet, build the second rack, and get three more strains going.

:wave:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
That light set up is impressive. Looks like a tanning bed. I am going to back to check on your grow later, this should be neat

aite. two and a half months later, heres what i got. 10/10 chemdawg d x sd ibl females :jump: , 5/10 ak-48 females, and 6/10 white widow females. got em all crammed under the flouros in two rubbermaid "beds".

heres the ak-48 and ww group shot:

and you can see the chemdawgs right up front in this pic:

i know the pics are pretty weak, but oh well you get the idea. oh yeah, they 've been on 12/12 for 18 days now.

Wooowzers thats one hell of gadget there. Wooowee thats so dope. I love the revamping of old technology to make something bad ass like that. Looks like it should do work quite well. I saw a floro tube set up in a triangular shape and worked great. THat looks straight crazy.

peace

thanks for the comments, folks.

heres a couple more pics at ~27 of 12/12:

a white widow:

ak-48 group shot:

chemdawg x sd ibl group shot:

ak-48 and white widow group shot:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I love that light setup, what is the footprint's dimensions? Any chance we'll be seeing a how-to on setting up an array like that?

bounty29 said:
I love that light setup, what is the footprint's dimensions? Any chance we'll be seeing a how-to on setting up an array like that?

the dimensions of the actual light itself is 20" x 50". so, im guessing im getting about a 2' x 4' footprint out of it. it's really not hard setting something like this up, you really just have to know that the light fixtures are spaced .5 inches apart....mount em on to something bendable (i used roof flashing) and the rest you can just use your imagination. i do have another light to put together, so perhaps i'll take some pics as i build it to give ya a better idea of whats going on.

ultranyteg said:
I don't get it, you could yield twice as much with the same power consumption by switching to MH or HPS....

you obviously dont know shit about the yielding power of flouros if you think an hps or mh is going to magically double my yield.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
onthatlevel - I've done some amazing vegging with tube floros. So you attached all the sockets to the flashing, and then how did you secure it's shape? Just brackets and a board on either end? I really think I might build one of these, it'd be perfect for fitting that extra wattage I wanted into the cabinet.

ultranyteg - No, you're the one that has problems.

bounty29 said:
onthatlevel - I've done some amazing vegging with tube floros. So you attached all the sockets to the flashing, and then how did you secure it's shape? Just brackets and a board on either end? I really think I might build one of these, it'd be perfect for fitting that extra wattage I wanted into the cabinet.

heres some pics i took of the rack. you can see the flashing sits in between small 1/4" boards that hold its shape. the flashing is then staples to the boards. its all connected to a frame i made out of 2" x 3"s.

here we are at 35 days of 12/12:

white widow shot:

group ak-48 shot:

group white widow shot:

chemdawg x sour diesel ibl colas:

one chemdawg x sd ibl (this one has a very sweet funk similar to strawberry diesel for some reason):

Dr Dog

Veteran
I do not see any issues here with floros
I think this grow kicks ass, looks like a space station set up
Very very very fkn cool

sweetleaf100

[

Stay tuned as i finish the closet, build the second rack, and get three more strains going.

:wave:[/QUOTE]

What kind of flows are the t8"s?? Grow tubes???

Thank you Sweetleaf100 :wave:

Chamez

Great grow OTL, love that floro rack. Have to ever considered building a screen of green that is the same shape as the rack to get a lot more surface area.

sweetleaf100 said:
What kind of flows are the t8"s?? Grow tubes???

Thank you Sweetleaf100 :wave:

just the cheapest bulbs i could buy in bulk at home depot. they're 4100 kelvin i think.

Chamez said:
Great grow OTL, love that floro rack. Have to ever considered building a screen of green that is the same shape as the rack to get a lot more surface area.

i considered this in the beginning. but, i believe that a scrog works best with clones and i just dont have the patience or space for taking clones and keeping mother plants. but, im pretty lazy so thats just me....

thats about all the updates for now.

sweetleaf100

onthatlevel said:
just the cheapest bulbs i could buy in bulk at home depot. they're 4100 kelvin i think.

I looked this up. If you get the new T5HO they have 5,000 luminis. you can get them in veg or bloom. it looks like you have 20 tubes so that would be 100,000 lumus.

I have 4 T12's 4 footers now. Thats only 1,3500 luminus per tube.

Thanks Sweetleaf100

44 days of 12/12:

group chemdawg x sdibl (10/10 females):

chemdawg x sd ibl cola:

out of focus odd looking pheno of chemdawg x sd ibl:

ak-48 and white widow group shot:

Dr Dog

Veteran
Nothing wrong with those buds
who needs the hid
most impressive grow so far

G

Nothing wrong here....

Nothing wrong here....

Looking real good there under those flouros.PEACE!!!MUCHA LUCHA!!! :joint: :dueling: :joint: