What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCo Coir in tha great outdoors thread?

Caligrown

I would like to try an outdoor sativa this summer. Here in Northern California it should do well. I want to use coco and I would love to see a sticky for the outdoor coco folks????

GM?????

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had some veggies outside this summer in coco and none of them were particularly impressive... especially not when soil is producing much better results for me with the same amount of nutes...

I think this is because every time it rains the nutrients are washed away... would like to try it with a good mix of slow release nutes instead.

I know its not the same crop but maybe its not worth it??? I am sure would be fantastic in a greenhouse...

I am going to use coco outdoors as a mulch/top dressing.

G

The problem with coco outdoors is it can't dry out. If it does it will suck moisture out of the plant and kill it. Unless you can be there to water everyday or even better several times a day, I'd go will an rich soild like FFOF and add a bunch of amendments to it.

G

If the benefits of coco could be taken advantage outside the results could be enormous. Think, 10 gallon pot drip fed 4 times a day. Awhile back Tom Hill grew some monsters in a soiless amended medium watering multple times.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sure coco can be used outdoors, it is true that it will take more looking after then the same plant in soil. but if you look after it well, you can get some great results with the halide in the sky.

i must say, though in pots, once bigger, they can drink a hell of a lot when it's hot. then you get the coco flushed if it's too rainy, in which case the medium has to be covered. but it's all doable.

Latest posts

Latest posts