What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peroxide in coco?

J

JackKerouac

I did a search, but couldn't come up with anything.

Is it possible to use peroxide in coco?

How much tolerance does hygrozyme have to peroxide?

G

I've used it but never with any enzyme products. I grew in perlite and hydroton before switching to coco so I just carried on the practice after. I still use it to flush my coco between grows. I don't add H2O2 in my nutes anymore for natural beneficial build up. Never used an enzyme product either and have had success with multiple uses of coco.

J

JackKerouac

H202 is traditionally used to add oxygen to your root area. In mycoculture, it is used to kill aerobic bacteria, but not anaerobic bacteria. I am not sure which trich is, but it is bad for mushrooms, but good for plants.

I think I remember coming across literature saying that Hygrozyme has a tolerance to h202 up to a certain point, but I can't find it again.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
peroxide will kill beneficial bacteria just like it will kill bad bacteria. hygrozym has h20 in it so it also kills beneficials. at least above a certain concentration it does and thats the concentration it takes to be effective, lol. to me peroxide and coco don't really go together. they stand for opposite approaches. i.e. sterile hydro, or alive oh hydro.:D

thc43

Veteran
peroxide try to avoid unless you have manky roots, near impossiable in coco..

i use peroxide but not on plants its a great product to sterilise pots, hoses, drips and the grow room because it washes off easily unlike bleach.. Im sure you can find a product like canna zym, omega zym or any friendly to keep your res and roots healthy.

hygrozym not a fan either youll find cleaner products out there that dont turn a res manky within a week.. although my manky res could have been from mixing canna nute and additives with hygrozym.