What's new

PK 13/14

Crazy Leaf

i picked up PK 13/14 few weeks ago , atm im hand watering my plants with 2L water & 2.5ml of A and also for B , on monday im gonna start using the pk (5th week of flowering) how much should i start out with? i cant find alot about it

jimjay

According to the cannas schedule it is 6.25ml per gallon. For one week. I have heard canna advise to use it 25 days b4 harvest.

Lofty

i dont use it as ml per litre, i put it in the water first and check the cf, then add the nute to bring up the cf. if using it for 1 week only (i now use it for 4 weeks) use it to get the cf to a third of total of the finel cf. u cud put a bit mor in the last 2 days, this is wat i did but its up to u, if u need i'll post u the intructions on my bottle.

good luck

vague

vague

I find Canna's instructions for PK13/14 vague. My instructions say to use 6ml per gallon when "fruiting bodies are forming." I'm not sure when that is. I know when I start seeing flowers, but fruiting? They list three more stages after that, when "fruit get bigger" and "ripening" and "flush."

I liked the way GH would lay it out for an 8 week flowering. Then I could adjust if my grow were faster or slower. Do we need a new topic on fruiting?

Am I dense, or is there general confusion on this? To avoid error I started using it earlier and later than I probably needed to.

G

"Fruiting"/"Flowering" are the same thing. I usually like to wait until later in flower to add extra phosphorous and potassium. I wait until the buds begin to fatten up and then give them a boost. Usually around week 5-6 for a 8-9 week strain. And I only use PK13/14 once in flower at this time but an additional dose or two shouldnt hurt.

PK 13/14
The plant requires additional phosphate and potassium during the bloom. This
can be provided by adding PK 13/14. It increases your harvest output and
encourages the growth of firm buds. We recommend to add PK 13/14 four weeks prior to harvest. Add PK 13/14 together with the nutrient solution for
maximum one week.

G

I start using the PK additive I have at week 2 12/12 also. And until 2 weeks before chop. The bottle advises to use it for the complete flowering cycle @ 5mL/L and that it contains P= 31g/L K= 45g/L concentrate. I stick with half that @ 2.5mL/L. P=0.0775g/L K=0.1125g/L in the res.

GreenStreet

Hi CL,
I use PK 13/14 around the 5th week too, at a ratio of 5 ml to 1 gallon. I use it for 7 days. I then feed the following week with nutes. I then start to flush. I currently have a SAGE that I've just begun to flush. The buds have just begun to fatten.

Remember, the buds will start to fatten up about 5 - 7 days after you finish with the PK. They really begin to fatten up during the flush. PK doesn't produce quick results and if your patient, you'll end up with fat and chunky nuggets. Good luck.
GS

This Sage is pure evil in the flush stage. It STINKS in a good way and the smoke is strong and long. I have a Perpetual going with this strain.

Crazy Leaf

thanks for all the posts , GreenStreet , that plants look delicious man , congrats :wave:

i think im gonna go with what twenty47red-i does , 2.5ml per Litre sound good?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the beginning of the fruiting stage is when you first see little balls of pointy pistil hairs, with the fast flowering strains it can be after 7 or 9 days of 12/12 with the normal 8 to 9 week strains it's after 14 days of 12/12. adding pk 13/14 at the beginning of flowering is the latest advice from canna on their pk. but you also only add it once to your tank, then back to normal a+b nutes till week 5 when you can give another dose of pk in a few days worth of water. if you plan to use it through the whole flowering phase you need to use it in reduced doses. unless you have a real nute hungry strain.

G

Crazy Leaf said:
i think im gonna go with what twenty47red-i does , 2.5ml per Litre sound good?

Just so it is clear, I am not using canna PK. I use GT Super PK. You might want to check the numbers on the bottle against the weights I have listed above, before you run my regime. I am always interested to hear from the canna users to see how the number between our brands stand against each other. Figures for my GT Coco A+B are in my other threads.
Peace.

aeric

Veteran
I used 2-3 ml/gallon (3.78L) once a week for 4 weeks on long flowering strains like ECSD, week 5-9. Just to tell u guys a different approach. Week 4-6 on 8 weekers. This is handwatering though, not in a recirc rez. There was someone on these boards who advocated but don't remember thier handle....

HYDROJUNKIE

ive noticed the best results using canna's pk-13/14 in small doses from week 2 till one week before flush...
I start with .75ml per gallon for weeks 2&3----1ml per gallon weeks 4&5----1.5ml per gallon for weeks 5&6

its really easy to burn with this stuff and if you use too much too early you will stun your plants and your yield will suffer.
also take into account all of the other additives your using that have p & k.
I use pro-tekt silicon and pbp soil which is why I dont use too much.
also note that alot of other companys bloom boosters have N. in them as well which is something you dont want too much of in bloom imo.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's great to collect all the pk info in one thread like this. keep it up folks lets hear what worksfor you. just remember to be specific and mention which brand of pk13/14 you are talking about.

i also got good yield resultsusing HYDROJUNKIES method,of low doses from week two slowly getting higher. but i ended up with really burnt leaves. but that's cause i went too far with it. and still the yield was good.

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have also been using the CANA PK from the time I first see budding until 1-2 weeks for the flush.