What's new

Advanced Nutes A+B for coco

aeric

Veteran
Just saw it for the first time at the store...got it on the fly, seems cool, anyone using it?

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi aeric,

i have only heard of a few so far who tried AN coco A+B. they all said the stuff rocks. it would be great to see how it works for you, hope you give us a nice thread about using the advanced coco A+B. was it expensive? how concentrated is it? what are their recommendations for use? what do they advise for a flowering booster? and what about for the roots? i hope they don't have such a long list of recommendations as they do with the normal feeding program, lol. i am all for a supplement or two or three or even four, but some where there is a limit, lol. i remember seeing a AN nute plan that had like 10 different supplements listed on top of the 2 part main fertilizer, lol.

peace :joint:

SoulRebel

I'm very interested in that, gonna need to check that out. Monkey Juice is the name, and I wish I knew if it's highly concentrated like the Sensi Grow/Bloom A & B, cuz if it is ... I'm all over it!!!

My last run was the following under a 600W Hortilux HPS:

Medium: Canna Coco (loose in bag) in 3 gal pots (handwatered)

Medium Health: Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, Pirahana, Subculture, RO water

Base Nutrient: AN Sensi Grow/Bloom

Additives: AN Mother Earth Organic Tea Grow/Bloom, AN Big Bud(wks 2-6 of 12/12), Botanicare's Sweet, AN Overdrive(wks 6-7 of 12/12)

ph: 6.0-6.1 for veg and 5.8 for most of 12/12 with wks 7 and 8 5.6 and 5.5 respectively.

I think that's it... :chin:

The results were unbelievably heavy and sappy as shite too ... just ooozing trichromes!!! :woohoo: One love all, and I wish you many safe, happy, heavy harvests...

... S R... :joint:

aeric

Veteran
thanks 4 ur input folks
was it expensive?
the same as 3 part GH but 2 parts.
what are their recommendations for use? what do they advise for a flowering booster? and what about for the roots? i hope they don't have such a long list of recommendations as they do with the normal feeding program, lol. i am all for a supplement or two or three or even four, but some where there is a limit, lol.
same here axactly, the hydro guy (didn't seem like he was just trying to sell something) said it can be used by itself, but try to go with carbo load, definately bigbud (or other bloom boost) and maybe B52. Carbo load supposedly adds alot to dry weight, similar to Pureblend "sweet" but synthetic...hmmm dunno about that one yet? I didn't get those but will end up getting them in a few days, cuz it's buggin me.
it would be great to see how it works for you, hope you give us a nice thread about using the advanced coco A+B.
thanks i'm gonna try and do a proper thread about it very soon. (EDIT: The last grow is all done, just gotta finish it up with some pics) One great comparison that sold me over the Canna (which i use) is that they have a seperate Veg A+B also, great for longer veg times on bush style grows, or whatever else. I'll either get the veg also in a few days or just use the leftover Canna for veg, then switch to thiers, but that wouldn't be a proper scintific thread tho...dunno.

Soul Rebel: You didn't have issues deficiencies etc...in the coir?

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i like the idea of special veg nutes too. although i must say, i have been growing mothers for a long time in coco with drippers and coco a+B from canna. it really does seem to work for long veg periods too, surprisingly. i always assumed that the canna coco A+B was mainly a flowering nute which worked for a short SOG veg phase.

BlueBear

I read a thread on another board yesterday where the guy did a test grow with the Monkey juice on two crops and both were a bad experience for him compared to his Kanna A and B grows. I think that the thread is even on the Advanced Nute sight. He and AdvancedN trade some dialog back and forth on some of the possible problems and the AdvancedN team said that his observations wer viable and they wanted to address them. I don't remember if the thread was recent or not so I don't know if it has been long enough for AN to fix the problems.
One thing to know, he said that the first few weeks of veg they were looking steler, but then they started getting all kind of defs. I hope your luck is better. Perhaps you should just try the Juice out on half of the crop.
Adieu

aeric

Veteran
it really does seem to work for long veg periods too, surprisingly. i always assumed that the canna coco A+B was mainly a flowering nute which worked for a short SOG veg phase.
Good 2 know, I automatically put recent moms into soil, assuming it wouldn't work...but veg always looks great with Canna.
One thing to know, he said that the first few weeks of veg they were looking steler, but then they started getting all kind of defs. I hope your luck is better. Perhaps you should just try the Juice out on half of the crop.
Adieu
Thanks for that counterpoint. If it's a case where that happens 4 me, I'll have no qualms about flushing and going straight back to Canna, I need for it to work.

clowntown

Veteran
aeric, did you mean:

"How's AN's A+B, for coco?"

or

"How's AN's A+B for coco?"

As in, A+B for coco being a product name, or the standard A+B to be used on coco medium? Were you referring to the Monkey Juice A+B, or their Sensi A+B?

aeric

Veteran
so far they seem to like it

running 1000-1050 ppm @.65 now

first time in coir from seed, fed with the monkey juice veg.

So far it seems the concentrations are the same or very close to Canna. The B solution in both the veg and bloom formulas has undissolved salt crystals....hopefully not lockup! If I see problems then I'll have to dissolve the B in warm water before use....yuck what a pain

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you will be surprised to find that canna coco A+B are great stand alone flowering nutes, i know this because thats how i learnt to use coco. in those days there was nothing other then A+B and ph minus, so if its mainly a veg nute then its a prety special veg nutes, as it will grow you great buds and get close to a gpw without adding any pk13/14.

JITAMON

aloha everyone! wow i cant believe coco a+b from canna will get that kind of yield! i am sooo excited.i'm so lucky i can get canna 15 minutes away from home at a killer shop.i am growing in a dwc with 6" baskets lined with cocotek liners,filled with canna coco.i use canna a+b plus cannazyme and advanced nutrients cal mg grow.sometimes i add b-52 also.what do you guys think of this set up? i'm curious as i am also doing coco run to waste just like my old soil buckets.aloha :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the interesting thing is that cannabis uses more N in a coco grow during flowering then it would in any other medium. that's what makes you think it's a veg nute, in fact the extra n the plants use in coco during flowering is to allow the extra stretch and more leaves the plants make in coco.

but i gues it's fair enough to call it a veg fert, as it does veg great. even if it is mainly used and sold as a flowering nutrient set, lol.

aeric

Veteran
Exactly....Canna is tailored to coco so the NPK may seem strange. The highest yield, most trouble free (nute-wise) grows ever were with canna....that's why I hope AN just copied their recipe with a few tweaks. I still don't think I got it perfectly dialed in though...the perfectionist in me says I didn't.

I like the ratio of 13-14 better than 9-18 knna, it just sounds more appropo to what I was originally taught cannabis nute requirements are in a medium, especially coir. 9-18 seems better suited to hydro where P is more easily absorbed etc....who knows maybe I'm missing something.

I've said it many times....Canna, AN, and whoever else needs to make a liquid mostly organic (like PB or FF) nute tailored to coco, or perhaps a dry ammendment mix that can be mixed in like FF.

...off topic again.