What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mendo Purps, Purple Kush, Killer Queen & Jack Herer

nandro

forty grit said:
hey there coco mofo.. can you describe the coco/dwc set up? you got (2) 22 gallon tubs, 2 plants each tub so each plant has 11 gals? how much of that is coco and how much is DWC?
peace

I'm so glad you asked this. For two reasons. D'oh, I messed up and typed "22" gallon. They're actually (2) 24 gallon resevoirs. 2 8" net pots, don't know tha fluid capacity, but put it this way - tha root system below is getting more-than adequate oxygen and food and above it's getting even more oxygen and a way less food. I will take tha pots out of their DWC systems once a week and give 'em a mild nutrient flush and get 'em ready for tha next run. I throw at least two gallons down each pot of a mild nute/hygrozyme/cal-mag solution and let 'em drain a bit, then replace them back into their proper DWC spots. What this does is promote super root growth, cleanses any excess crap that could cause a toxicity or some sort of lock-out and gets them nice and mildly-flushed for their next round of nutes for tha week in their DWC. I cleanse/re-up tha nutes every week. Root growth is outstanding with Hygrozyme, absolutely amazing. One day you can apply - tha next - you will be AMAZED and sold for life. So anyway, yeah, I flush mildly every week before reuppin' tha nutes to ensure an overall healthy system. I've never had a bad leaf, not even one bad LEAF, not one damn toxicity, defenciency, NOTHIN - doin what I'm doin. As we all know with DWC, rez temps and ph are my only dealings. And those aren't even really an issue. I've really lucked out so far with my experiment here. It's half me/half tha amazing abilities of coco. :sasmokin: Oh, and these genetics, too. ;)

It's a super-super custom setup that I can easily manipulate, fix and duplicate. 2ndly, There's not a night that goes by that I don't wonder and think about tha type of culture I have going on in there as I'm still experimenting with coco/DWC and am LOVING it. I've been doing all sorts of systems. I liked containers with all sorts of different specific and non-specific coco nutes, feeding methods, drainage materials, etc. I liked what I saw at my bro's place with his ebb n flow coco setup, so I'm gonna' do that next. Unless I get tha most unreal buds at harvest commin' up - I won't change this a bit.

TimTim, my brother, I wish one day I can do a relay of all my gear out there to Ozland. I'd love to see what you can do with some of these, Timmy. Take care, brother man.

Thanks for askin',
Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

Last edited:
G

Hey bro, I wish ya could too! And I wish I could get my HDF cut over to ya, and see ya work some magic on it!

G

right on nandro.. sounds like things are runnin smoooth in that rig. thanks for the reply.

peace

coggerific

you're doing an excellent job so far, with pictures to compliment! ill be watching the rest of this one! :lurk: cant wait until i move to cali! :badday:

nandro

Thanks, guys. I absolutely cannot wait to make some bubblehash and oil.

No pix today, but the fans on tha KQ are absolutely laden in trichs, tha PK's really starting to reek of something Kushy now [lost that grape asshole smell a bit, turned more Kushy], Mendo Purps is really startin' to resin-up now & Jack Herer seems to be puttin' on some speed. JH has always produced good resin, she's just been slow as all hell in 12/12. Startin' to roll now.

coggerific, I can't wait 'til I move to Cali, either. :)

Peace,

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey ive always noticed pk to start fruity, then slowly it gets more rotten/kushy, then after dried with a 2 month cure, omg taste is to die for, took a sun hit at 8000ft top of a mountain. best tasting hit ever. i wish there was a smell camera so i could smell that gal though.

ps: who likes that grape asshole taste like in every other purps anyways. i for one am glad to hear going.

nandro

jaykush said:
hey ive always noticed pk to start fruity, then slowly it gets more rotten/kushy, then after dried with a 2 month cure, omg taste is to die for, took a sun hit at 8000ft top of a mountain. best tasting hit ever. i wish there was a smell camera so i could smell that gal though.

ps: who likes that grape asshole taste like in every other purps anyways. i for one am glad to hear going.

I think you and I were seperated at birth. Every comment is spot-on, lol. "Who likes that grape asshole taste like in every other purps...", is what I'm saying. Urkle is super tasty and has this grape cornholio taste, more or less leaning to a raunchy pure 'Ghani and a really good daytime Indica buzz --- but she has her spot in tha jars for a daytime Indica.

PK straight CRUSHES, though. Puts yer head in a vice. Her taste is to die for and don't even THINK about opening a sack at a party or sesh... :yoinks:

Peace,

beancounter

Veteran
wow, that KK PK and made a real impression on you, that shit must be excellent.. they all looks perfectly healthy, and i'll be back for the money shotz :wink:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PK straight CRUSHES, though. Puts yer head in a vice. Her taste is to die for and don't even THINK about opening a sack at a party or sesh...

hahaha the Purple has given me more story's to tell from peoples reactions than any other bud. and the faces after one bowl was packed is too funny.

agreed on the urkle as well. i could smoke it all day long and be no where near a nonfunctional state, but i could smoke pk all day too just because its my all time favorite, that reminds me time to go smoke some.

:joint:

KillBillbuds

nandro said:
Thanks, guys. I absolutely cannot wait to make some bubblehash and oil.

No pix today, but the fans on tha KQ are absolutely laden in trichs
Yo coco mofo...I told ya tha KQ's resin production was off the charts! :jawdrop: Keep on keepin on brutha!

nandro

KillBillbuds said:
Yo coco mofo...I told ya tha KQ's resin production was off the charts! :jawdrop: Keep on keepin on brutha!

Shit, never once did I doubt it! :joint: The shits absolutely stickaaaaay @ 25 days.

Thanks for stoppin' by, my good bruthaman!! :wave:
Peace,

nandro

Kyle Kushman's Purple Kush @ 27 days

Kyle Kushman's Purple Kush @ 27 days

14495pkflower81.JPG

14495pkflower71.JPG

14495pkflower111.JPG

14495pkflower101.JPG

14495pkflower91.JPG

jimjay

Is that the same pk going around the bay? Also do you know anything about speed queen? I am not sure if they are related......
Anyways nice grow Nandro it is looking good.

G

Speed Queen is a variety from Mandala seeds. It's not related to Killer Queen.