What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

passive closed loop recovery time estimates

How long does it roughly take a 1lb closed-loop system to recover the butane? This is the only step I can't seem to find even an estimate online regarding so I can understand the min/max time to complete a run and to be able to start the next.

I understand a few elements can change the time like how hot and cold you have your components. Let's say an estimate assuming suitable hot water bath and using regular ice water versus suitable hot water bath and dry ice.

BlueHaze

45 min to 2 hour. Hot water bath 90 to 100 degree. keep recovery tank in dry ice. I never used ice. I always use dry ice

killa12345

Probably around 25-30 mins! 45-2 hours? What are you doing and at 90-100? Sound like you have a leak in your system somewhere.

I recover 3-4lbs of butane inside of 30 mins at 70F using dry ice and recovering only on my liquid line. If i use acetone and dry ice i can get those times down even more.

I literally have to throttle my recovery because im afraid the violent recovery will nucleate my oil in the collection pot. If your not achieving these time either your not getting your recovery pot cold enough or you have a leak somewhere