What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keeping clones small

G

I keep trying to find a source to explain something to me and I cant find solid info. Or Im totally missing the obvious.

I grow in a small 2'X 2.5'X 7' tall tent. I have a smaller space but much shorter space as well.

My last grow I had one plant of the two that was my best plant I have grown to date. Awesome. It was a glue type from a fem seed bred by a place that sounds like preventless. If I could have kept a cutting from that one Id run that over and over.

I would love to have been able to take a cut and root a clone of each of the couple plants I can grow at a time but I need to keep them in a solo cup size or one quart pot and keep them under 12" tall until I decide to re run them or toss them up to 10 to 12 weeks later. I can keep the light on 24/7 but dont know how to keep them that small and still healthy.

How do I keep clones/cuttings small and not growing much after rooting or is it just a matter of not up sizing the container and keeping the lights on?

How much space does it really take to keep a cutting healthy and viable for at least a few months or more? I have been growing in my closet for a few almost a few years and really regret not having a clone of this last one.

You can take a cutting, let it grow, when it has barely one clone eligible branch, cut that. When that roots, toss the mom, etc.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I do micro, here's a pic of my veg box:

picture.php

Small pots, low watts keeps them small.

The mums/dads can go to 10-12", couple months,
before I take cuttings and grow another. mum/dad.

Oldest cut maintained is from 2012.

G

thanks for all the replies. Im going to get some cuts off of my current grow and try it.