What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pots or no pots.

Lemmiss

Waiting for seeds to germinate in smaller rockwool cubes. The rockwool cubes will then be transplanted into these trays.

Maybe into these pots. What do you think will be most beneficial?

In my Flood and drain, I'll be filling these trays with leca/hydroton. Will have small plants pregrown in 1'' rockwoolcubes. Should I place the cubes into the pots(also with clay pebbles), or directly into the trays without anything extra? Obviously there will be more possible rootvolume just sticking them down into the trays, but maybe the pots gives a sturdiness which outweighs this? I don't have a clue, but am worried that going straight into the trays will not provide enough sturdiness for these plants. Also in the pots, of course the roots can grow through, and outside of the pots, gaining more volume, but not as fast and freely as without. So what do you who've been through this or similar advise? What should I do?