What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Eye Safety

Gardenic

Hello there

I cant find similar topic about Eyes protect and LED using.

I just wonder that any of You use any glasses or other eye protection while work in a Your box? Or do you just turn off the lights?

I turned on the LEDs to see if everything works correct, and I thought, that i go blind.
HPS 150W compared to 8x10WLed is just a toy for children.

Probably a big advantage in carefully covered with Mylar, but After all i cant even look into the bottom corner of the box with corner of my eye..

I wonder how this light is dangerous to our eyes.
Even more so, having regard to I took off only 1 of 8 casings from led

Greeting

picture.php

They sell different one for hps and different ones for Mh so I don't know if these will work for all LEDs but they work for mines.

Bro, I dont know any answers to LED eye safety issues. Sorry

I was wondering why you wouldn't grab a couple cobs, heat-sink and driver? A single cob driven hard would crush a 150 HPS. a set of 2-3 cobs at low mA would truly be bright as fuck in your space.

I have a rig that is 18 x 12", uses 4 x vero 29 @2.1 mA. It emits 375 watts, ~160 par watts. Been around it 2 years, no vision issues so far. It reminds me of being in summer sunshine.