What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze 21 X Mullumbimby Madness

B

Bob Green

Hey Bushweed I have some of the NH36 x Oax and have not been able to find any reports on the line. Did you get a chance to grow any of those out?

B

Bob Green

How did the NH21 x Oax turn out?

If you have grown both the NH21 x Oax, and the 36 x Oax how did the two lines compare?

I kept hearing two things in common with the Nevs 36 cut, and Kanga's Oaxacan is great tasting bud. That was the big draw for me in getting the pack. I would love to hear how the cross turned out.

It's legit as far as Nevil's strains go.

Just a bit of advice for anyone seeking the true essence of Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness; the MM male used in this cross displays significant Oaxacan characteristics. This is the observation of Nevil, and as one of the few people familiar with Kanga's Oaxacan and MM, I have to concur. If you are seeking this strain as an opportunity to try what is essentially a late 60s early 70s Thai stick (MM), I would suggest the MM x NH21 reversed, or even better if you can find it the MM x Thai'78.

That is not to say the NH21xMM is an undesirable strain.

The most outstanding aspect of this strain is consistency. I've grown equal numbers of NH21xMM, Mango Hz and Neville's Hz (from MNS), and the NH21xMM produces a far higher ratio of quality keepers. I've haven't had one that qualifies as average, and that's not something I can honestly say about Neville's and Mango Hz. It's an attractive, easy to grow plant that produces long arms of resinous, fruity pine smelling colas that cure to gold. The high is what you'd expect of a top end Haze with a twist of Oaxacan; strong, uplifting, colorful and euphoric. Flowers between 12-14 weeks.

View ImageView Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Bushweed... Where does one source all these different strains you mention from? I would love to try something genetically close to the original MM. the only site I can find is the Neville/Reeferman

bushweed

Veteran
If you have grown both the NH21 x Oax, and the 36 x Oax how did the two lines compare?

I kept hearing two things in common with the Nevs 36 cut, and Kanga's Oaxacan is great tasting bud. That was the big draw for me in getting the pack. I would love to hear how the cross turned out.

Hi Bob, the difference between the NH21 x Oax, and the NH36 x Oax, amounts to the difference between the two NH mothers. The NH21 is the most sativa expressive of any of Nevil's Haze mothers and is his hardest hitting haze in terms of psychedelic power. What it has in strength it lacks in flower size being pretty airy, as well as a tendency to stretch long.

The NH36 is a nice early flowering expression of haze that is more suitable for the indoor grower who wants greater yield. Of the two I think the NH36 tastes better, (it reminds me of a good Mango Hz), but I think most sativa heads chasing the highs of old will be more impressed with the NH21. This holds true for the crosses to the Oaxacan male. The Oaxacan trance male produces offspring with strong, great tasting, long lasting highs. I find that the NH36 x Oaxacan is stronger than the NH36 mother, but the outstanding Oaxacan flavor is definitely accentuated by the cross.

Interestingly, I was given a dried sample of both NH mothers by Kangativa early on when they were testing them. I sniffed the bag and was asked what I thought they were. My best guess was that they were both Oaxacans.

View Image

picture.php

These two should be nominated for bud of the month. Look at the resin globs. Just wow. So I nominated these for you.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful plants Bushweed as usual. Thank you for the great descriptions.
Have you tried the Oaxaca 79? I'm wondering how the flavor and effects compare to Kanga's Oaxacan.

bushweed

Veteran
Hey thanks guys, I should state for accuracy that most of the shots on the second page are from Kangativa.

Beautiful plants Bushweed as usual. Thank you for the great descriptions.
Have you tried the Oaxaca 79? I'm wondering how the flavor and effects compare to Kanga's Oaxacan.

Hey Randy, I haven't tried the Oaxaca 79, but I've spoken to Charlie a bit about them and he seems to like them a lot, which is saying something. I've also been impressed with your photos and descriptions of the Oaxaca 79 crossed to Punto Rojo.

Here's some pics I've displayed before, but this seems like an appropriate place to show them....NH21 x MM...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JACKBAYBEH

Thanks for posting Bushweed! Had a few peeps PM me but couldn't really get a definitive answer to my question about authenticity and the legitimacy of the seller. So, I never pulled the trigger on these beans. I will now though. Especially after seeing your pics and reading over your descriptions. Damn fine looking Sattys. I only wish I could get my hands on some of the other crosses you mentioned also. That MM x Thai '78 sounds like what I need. Hopefully they will be available to me in the near future. Thanks again for your input bro. Much appreciated.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Yeah I like the Oaxacan influence in the Red Snakes, those fat, swelled up calyx's are so attractive and such a nice, feel good floaty high.
Speaking of attractive, that NH21xMM is gorgeous, I love the open structure and the fat cola's. Such a beauty growing where she's happy as can be. Thanks for posting these great pictures of freely growing plants.

B

Bob Green

Man Charlie's Oaxacan 79 x Kanga's Oaxacan Trance male sounds like one of those dream crosses we woul all love to see happen!

You have been doing an outstanding job on the Red Snake Randy!

Bushy always great to see those beast girls from down under!

JACKBAYBEH

Had to revisit this thread here and check out these pics from BushWeed again. Just for inspiration. :biggrin: Really f'ing awe inspiring sativa.

pinkus

Veteran
Hey ya'll. I have several F2s running right now of the NH21x(early)MM. Again I'm stressing F2s here, in other words don't assume these are good representations of F1s, more of what is hiding inside.

So what is hiding inside? IME there are some damn close to "pure" sativa expressions. This makes me happy happy happy :) ...mostly :p this means there are some that are see through expressions like the unplucked girl here:

The buds are (unfortunately) all that's left until some more is cut of more stout plants. However those airy buds are pure psychedelic rocket fuel :dance013: all 5 of them lol

ok picture probs so I'm going split post :p

Last edited: