What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban in Thailand - my third grow

S

shokdee

Good news I've updated the thread. Start at page one for the story so far, thanks.

oldbootz

Veteran
would love to see some more pics, but from the ones i did see, the older plant looks like it needs a bit of epsom salts, there is a slight mg deficiency. keep it up

S

shokdee

Howzit boetz and donkey for the heads up about mg, I'll upload more fotos later and you can have a gander at the Zulu ladies.

> foto update soon (Tuesday/Wednesday).

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I love this picture from your durban and the leaves they have:

picture.php

What's the source of the Durban seeds?

Good luck with them! ;)

S

shokdee

Hiya Mustafunk and thanks for visiting. These ladies grew out of Durban Poison bag seed, smoked at a secret location in the heart of Zulu land.

Here they are at 11 weeks from seed and entering their third week of flowering.

S

shokdee

I'll re-pot the babies soon, still debating with myself the size of the new container.

At six weeks from seed here's a foto to show their size and shape, and condition.

S

shokdee

Howdee Randy and I'm glad you like the looks of the poison.

For security reasons I'm growing them indoors under CFLs at the moment, but plan to upgrade to 3k Metal Halide ... and am tempted to re-start a gorilla grow, just watching which way the winds blow.

Even under the spiralling compacts, I'm excited to watch the buds develop. I can easily compare them to the Thai and Swazi-clones right besides them.

S

shokdee

Hello dear reader. I have some bad news and some good news.

First the bad news...
I lost a few plants due to root aphids.
Thanks to Andyo for the identification of the problem, and the solution, nematodes. The survivors are doing well.

Then the good news...
Of the original three plants, one female has survived and has been flowering OUTSIDE in the gorilla garden. Today I had a look and the buds were glistening in the sunlight. I gingerly cupped one soft bud to sniff >dank< and my fingers were icky sticky.

Is this the resin everyone talks about, the reason we grow Cannabis!

I'll try get a nice foto uploaded soon.

:greenstars:

S

shokdee

Sawatdee and here are the latest bud shots of the hard working day-and-night nurse providing me with Durban Poison. She is 16 weeks old and has been flowering for 8 weeks. Buds are nice and sticky and pungent.

S

shokdee

I've decided to harvest this lovely lady

So that is essentially the end of this thread, until the smoke report, hee hee.

Thanks to everyone 4 reading.

To end on a happy note....
The lady has mature seeds and I snapped a quick foto. The daddy is probably one of the Thai ladyboy studs, or another Durban Poison. Lots of coconut monkey down on the farm.

I will grow out these seeds next, $hokdee's Vortex Rainbow T strain. Maybe even a fourth grow report :dunno:

cya on the flipside

EDIT: Slow down tigger! I'm first gonna check the seeds are nice and mature. If not I'll let her go a while longer until they ready.

V

vuuduu

Sawadee khrap Shokdee

I have lived there before in one (use to be) remote island for few years. I had a girl who's family was growing big in Nakhon Si Thammarat.
All we did was sow the seeds in the jungle and let the nature took it's way. Mostly local strains. Did very well and were the most hassle free grows ever I have done :D

Grow on!

S

shokdee

Thanks very much for that vuuduu. An amazing story!

Nakhon Si Thammarat has some rocking genetics.

But a few other places are standing by ...

Land of Smiles, or what?

:greenstars:

V

vuuduu

Man I must say one of the best memories on a good old "Maleehuana" gig in Nakhon. Drinking lao khao from the morning (like always on a working days :D) smoking some of the best weed ever and dancing/singing along like a mad man :D Good good fun. Love the thai people. I lived mostly with thais in rural areas and learned the language little by little. Guys didn't speak any english and it took 1.5 years to get handle of it. After that it was easy to learn more :)

Positive vibes and stay safe!

Burgundy Frost

It's just that South Africans come on here and quite frankly they are an embarrassment to South Africa. There is another guy who has a half decent thread about vert growing. It would be worth the read except he is using language like 'ek se, hoezit my chinas' 'I wil frow u wif a stone' etc. There are also some posts that come pretty close to revealing location. Mainly because he is telling people where his local surf breaks are... Ayayayayayay why are we such fuckwits?

Latest posts

Latest posts