What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

agrosun gold metal halide??? better than hps?

mixin

agrosun gold metal halide

AGROSUN Gold Halides make plants grow their best! A Hydrofarm exclusive, these spectrally enhanced halides are the best all-purpose growth and fruiting/flowering light you can use. They emit more of the red wavelengths than the common halides. They are the "Gold Standard" in plant growth lighting, and thousands are in use by satisfied gardeners worldwide. AGROSUN Gold Halides are super Halides with MORE red for flowering than other common halides.

does anyone know if this is a good bulb that would replace a hps completely? even for flowering?

Quazi

That looks like it's for people running entirely MH that want to get some more red in their flower w/out switching ballasts.

It definitely does not deliver the red/orange like HPS does, at all:

But, it's a bit better in the yellows than regular MH.

-Q :rasta:

mixin

ok, but it should definately be a really good all round metal halide for cloning and vegging though then?

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I never tried the MH but started out with an AgroSun HPS. One day it blew and normal HPS was all there was. The garden never noticed the change. My wallet however quickly realized the AgroSun was 4 times the price for no benefit.

Quazi

mixin said:
ok, but it should definately be a really good all round metal halide for cloning and vegging though then?
Well, MH by itself is suitable for vegging/cloning.

This would be one you would purchase specifically for flowering... I guess.

-Q :rasta:

FarmerTed

mixin said:
does anyone know if this is a good bulb that would replace a hps completely? even for flowering?
I would say, yes. Its an enhanced spectrum bulb designed to be used for both flower & veg. I use the eye hortilux blue MH for flower myself. It has an even more balanced spectrum than the agrosun. The argument between hps/mh usuallly goes...hps bigger buds, less dense & slightly fewer trichs, mh alittle smaller buds but denser & slightly more trichs. This is based on what i've read when trying to decide on a bulb. Unless you're doing a side by side comparison i dont think you'll go, oh i'm disappointed, either way.
FreezerBoy said:
I never tried the MH but started out with an AgroSun HPS. One day it blew and normal HPS was all there was. The garden never noticed the change. My wallet however quickly realized the AgroSun was 4 times the price for no benefit.
When you say, "The garden never noticed the change." do you mean from that point on, or did you flower other plants start to finish w/ a regular hps w/ the same results as the agro?
Would'nt mind switching to regular hps for flower and saving big $$ if thats the case. Thanks

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I was perpetual at the time. 4 banks of 6 on a two week schedule. So, some had been under the Agro 6-8 weeks, others 14 days or less. Those that came in two weeks later, never saw the Agro at all. I'll admit I never whipped out the micrometer but, there was never a time I thought my buds were shrinking. I still had two weeks of smoke (and a little bit more) from every harvest.

FarmerTed

Thanks for the quick reply i need a new bulb asap. No need for the micrometer, should'nt of used "same" just wondering if the results were within reason. Thanks again.

Anh Bi

There is a huge thread at the top about CMH bulbs. It might be a better and cheaper alternative than the MH bulbs you are looking at.

Latest posts

Latest posts