What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No true leaves

maimunji

Seedling popping but don't have true leaves why?
picture.php

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Don't give up on it !

Sure they normally have some serrated leaves to go with the oval leaves.

But it could be a special plant. The Neo of the Cannabis world.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
:yeahthats Don't throw it out just yet, give it another week, but just don't be surprised if it turns out to be something else.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
It's deffinatly weed. It happens sometimes. The x18 that seedbou had towards the end we're doing this. Don't give up on it. Even though the the meristem is missing it can still eventually grow two shoots from the sides of the non existent tip.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea its definitely cannabis. Its just a genetic mutation... In my experience they fail to grow true leaves. Its a dud, it happens in some lines. All of my ox from rare dankness did this

weedtoker

Veteran
It just happens in cannabis, more so to old seeds imho, but some lines with a lot of mutants also display this kind of "abnormal" growth, some do get out of it, some don't (in regular circunstances).

Cheers

mack 10

Veteran
That looks like it has no meristem.
Rare, and not a good trait.
Have seen it in old seeds.

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Have now Mextiza that looked in beginings like your plant but she growed leafes
of some kind after much time,they slow...

leafes look a bit mutated.. but i live her for experiment to look how she grows..

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I've read some call it a mutation but I've also read it said that it may be because of old age, improper storage and even issue that may have occurred while it was in its mothers woumb like heat exposure or nutritional issues.

Im not doubting any of those claims but what I know for 100% certain is that it happens.

I've seen people slit the area that the meristem usually would be. not sure about specifics or results.lol

G

I've got one! Here is a 4 day old SkunkBerry from Peak Seeds BC. Gonna let her grow. Scouring the web tells me I have a decent chance of it coming through.