What's new

12/12 to start flowering

1G12

What's the longest number of days it's taken one of your plants to show identifiable flowers after switching to 12/12?

mack 10

Veteran
Can take 20 days plus if direct from seed to 12/12. Some sativas will grow for 4weeks till they start flowering at all.
Usually they show pretty quick, males first.

maimunji

If they are fully mature takes around 8 days to start crown. Most of my plants show me sex after 30 days 18/6. If plants doesn't mature they start crown after 12 days.

yts farmer

Veteran
I've waited a couple of weeks before but not often, usually they show sex even before 12/12.

How long have you vegged for?

Peace

1G12

8 plants all from the same seed stock, vegged for about 3 weeks then put into 12/12 to determine sex. Got 3 males and 2 females but, after 2 1/2 weeks, the other 3 refuse to show themselves....just seemed a little strange to be so slow.
Homemade strain Sunshine IBL X Sweet Tooth #3.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen a couple plants that wouldn't flower under 12/12. They weren't mine though...

Betterhaff

Veteran
A plant won’t flower until it’s mature enough to flower, I‘ve always gauged it by growth not necessarily time. They seem to be mature at 6 or 7 nodes. By putting them into flower at 3 weeks from seed they still will need some time under the 12/12 regime to become mature enough to enter the flowering stage.

Most mature plants seem to start flowering after 1 to 2 weeks of 12/12.

Latest posts

Latest posts