What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats hot in your market?

Everyone's been running inhouse and thug pug genes up here in Maine. Regulars I see at shops also Rug Bern Og, Night Terror Og, Glue, Chocolope and Sour patch kiss.

We get a lot of weird looks when we say night terror og. Both that and "Rug Bern" are rare dankness strains and both are top sellers at our shop. We change the u to an e in burn because we loved Bernie.

clearheaded

once market is over saturated and need to put in more effort to sell . maybe sativas will come back. OOOR people start paying double which is prob even less likely. as those kids get there rush from THC distilite.

Americangrower

Veteran
From what I see its all about terps now thanks to dabbing. As for me it will always be Sour D, chems and bubblegum.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
People up here are going nuts about the Relentless strains I grow. Doesn;t mean anyone in this Po-ass county has a pot to piss in, but they sure do like these nugs.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
They care when they see it. But if it is not a connoisseur, then it is a middleman. Thus lowball. Whatever. I am in Washington County. Beautiful and starkly poor / haves and the have nots. Lots of opiate users. Beautiful land all over. Nice people.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
What's hot is clean green. over 2/3rds of the 156 entries in the Golden Tarp Cup failed microbial testing last month.

the future of black market weed will be growing the strains that fail the new testing standards and can't be bought in a legal store.

Kevin is talking to Cali growers here and keep in mind that he made this video before the regs dropped a few weeks ago that left Cali with unlimited sized commercial grows that are going to crush everyone there.

Kevin Jodrey-Cannabis Farmers Need to Expand Their Product Portfolio
[YOUTUBEIF]OvWJr3I8uyE[/YOUTUBEIF]

if you don't have 10 minutes to learn about the future the takeaway is the last thing he says...

"whatever you were, you were. but you're no longer that if you want to stay in business."

"if people still wanted to smoke Sativas from the 70's they would still be selling but it's not so growers had to change.
and that's huge... People do not understand what I'm saying when I talk about this shit."

here's a longer talk from an event in Salinas a few months ago where he lays out the market changes in Cali legalization.
He starts talking about strain selection about 4 minutes in.

Kevin Jodrey Drops Knowledge - 2017 Salinas Grower's Symposium
[YOUTUBEIF]1GsbMwn6DJk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Grizz

Veteran
What's hot is clean green. over 2/3rds of the 156 entries in the Golden Tarp Cup failed microbial testing last month.

the future of black market weed will be growing the strains that fail the new testing standards and can't be bought in a legal store.

Kevin is talking to Cali growers here and keep in mind that he made this video before the regs dropped a few weeks ago that left Cali with unlimited sized commercial grows that are going to crush everyone there.

Kevin Jodrey-Cannabis Farmers Need to Expand Their Product Portfolio
[YOUTUBEIF]OvWJr3I8uyE[/YOUTUBEIF]

if you don't have 10 minutes to learn about the future the takeaway is the last thing he says...

"whatever you were, you were. but you're no longer that if you want to stay in business."

"if people still wanted to smoke Sativas from the 70's they would still be selling but it's not so growers had to change.
and that's huge... People do not understand what I'm saying when I talk about this shit."

here's a longer talk from an event in Salinas a few months ago where he lays out the market changes in Cali legalization.
He starts talking about strain selection about 4 minutes in.

Kevin Jodrey Drops Knowledge - 2017 Salinas Grower's Symposium
[YOUTUBEIF]1GsbMwn6DJk[/YOUTUBEIF]
THE FUTURE IS NOW, and its moving fast and if you or we don't change we lose ,
now back to topic, according to cali delivery services in 2017 GG4 was the most popular strain and according to leafly GG4 was the second most popular strain behind Blue Dream but closing ground fast, Here in Las Vegas GG4 is the #1 selling strain in the legal market , 120$ for a quarter oz

KONY

Veteran
Yup what Chunky said.

Clean real Top shelf smoke.

Looks like it was featured as the high times centerfold. Coats the mouth in great flavor till the end of the joint. High last more than 30 minutes. Doesnt need to be cured for months to be smooth. Is smooth right when it is dry. An 8th in a ziplock bag stinks up a 2k sq ft space.

I find this stuff is sold before its dry.

sticky lungs

Skunks...have returned.

Skunks...have returned.

Stickydamus is here, telling all the land that the skunks have returned, and will soon be taking over discerning growers' gardens everywhere. Mark my words, this is the skunk you've been missing for 15-20 years.