What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GorillaBubble bx2 - PPKed

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
After reading so much about GG#4 I found a friend that passed a couple clones along to me once but they didn't make the trip well.. maybe one day?? So onto what might be the next best thing... who knows maybe better.. Gorilla Bubble.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=313330
I've posted in TonyGreens GB thread long enough ^^. Thank you Tony for a big bag of Tortured Beans GBbx2 out of Seedbay.
Good luck with that..:) Your incite, strain information, pictures and experiences will be invaluable to me and, i'm sure, many others, as well as all the information comments, observations and experiences passed on there from multiple members.

Dropped 5 Bx2s in the shot glass July 5 another 3 on July 12 after 2 of the first five didn't germ.. of those three, 1 didn't germ.. so there are 5 that are moving right along. Been sexing 3 of them: GBA, GBB, and GBF for the last 11 days and today am happy to say 3 for 3 are girls. Was thinking running 2, & GB, 2, Sweet Skunk that I have been running but may go with all three of these and 1, SS. Some pics:

Attachments

• GB. A.B.F.jpg
    GB. A.B.F.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 36
  • GB. A.B.F tops.jpg
    GB. A.B.F tops.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
  • GB. A.B.F 2.jpg
    GB. A.B.F 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 35
  • GBF.jpg
    GBF.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 36
  • GBB 2.jpg
    GBB 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35
  • GBB.jpg
    GBB.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 36
  • GBA.jpg
    GBA.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 36

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
These girls will be run in PPKs, with JacksPro+C at, have been running 600PPMs, will try 400ppms as described by ??? (cant remember), .4ec J & .4ec CN.. (just tryin it D9:tiphat:) .. the whole show should be on the road (veg) by Friday... am going to modify the structure of the tent with a fabed up 2"x4" arch, so that the air-cooled hood (1K)(no vert this time) will be able to be drawn another 6" up into the ceiling.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
well, the best laid plans... permit for work at the homestead rejected.. moves construction dates around.. so I'm hurried to get the grow in before that.. no time to screw around taking down tent, setting up walls and hoods. Went bare bulb, same tent, I find that I can gain 6"-7" more height at the center of the tent by building an arch to put between the ceiling poles and the tent top.. put the light up in there for now.. but... ina rush I've taken the recently sexed (12 days) 3 GBs and transplanted into PPKs along with the little, unsexed, very healthy looking SB baby from veg. If I veg for 2-3 weeks then go back to bloom, it'll cost me 6 weeks... Tony if they don't hermi I'll be amazed.. and then it'll cost me even more.. pics tomorrow...

EDIT: but 1st day under 400w HPS, they perked right up and turned toward the light..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
moving along, in the past two days I've changed out to 4 gallon totes for top and bottom of these ppks (5" shorter) which required reconfiguration of the pulse system and cause I was forced to put them in before neither I nor they were ready, I'm having to work around the planted GBs in the tent.. it is 4'9" square, I'm over 200 lbs, bull in the china shop! I have to work around the planted/blooming girls.. cant believe how they have responded so well in 2 days from transplanting. I'll finish the pulse system (hand job for the last two days) tomorrow and should be 100% by late tomorrow if nothing else goes wrong.. Pics tomorrow or next.

oti$

Quick ?...were you running jack's .08 calcnit .04 prior to this endeavour? If not what was the ratio and was there any issue or you just trying something g new?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Quick ?...were you running jack's .08 calcnit .04 prior to this endeavour? If not what was the ratio and was there any issue or you just trying something g new?
High Oti$ if I'm 'quick' but quick = fast but some say I'm only half fassed... then basically yes, 360ppm J & 240ppm C.:tiphat:
AAh! been running this mix for years.. was it you O that uses .2ec J & .2ec C mix? My memory is slowing down..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
one step forward 5 steps back.. I get the plumbing in place exactly how I want it and... da pump isn't kickin on! during the engineering of the pulse system, installed a coupling between the pump and the rest of the system (see pic) in case of a problem.. what a great idea but cant get enough angle on it to loosen the bugger and should have put a couple more in place so it could be taken down completely in 3 parts. And now that the pump doesn't work and has to be replaced, have to take the whole thing apart, insert new pump and reassemble. On a brighter side, the girls are moving right along.. they kinda look like 4 different strains as far as their growth patterns.. 1 is tall & lanky w big leaves, one that was topped early, is mor squatty with small leaves and very branchy, the 3rd looks allot like the first one I described but half the height and the third is a midget, guessing SB pheno.

Attachments

• bad pump 1.jpg
    bad pump 1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 38
  • coupling 2.jpg
    coupling 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 44
  • all 3.jpg
    all 3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 35
  • GBB.jpg
    GBB.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 39
  • GBB top.jpg
    GBB top.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 43
  • GBA.jpg
    GBA.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 38
  • GBA top.jpg
    GBA top.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 38

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
the last of them:tiphat:

the SB pheno, which was not sexed before going under the HID, is looking girl but still only 4+" tall ... new pump is in the mail..

Attachments

• GBC top.jpg
    GBC top.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 35
  • GBF top.jpg
    GBF top.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
  • GBF.jpg
    GBF.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 36

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
the new pump will be here tomorrow.. next PITA: when I put the 3/4" union in place, I didn't open it first. when I finally got it apart by backing out the installation til the pump could be removed.. needed 2 channel lock pliers to break that union apart. This time I'll put that union outside the pump rez..

EDIT: and before the pump was removed, it had been left plugged in... WTF.. it didn't fire.. and one side of my pulse system have the valve turned off... so.. the pump kicked on while I wasn there and overflowed 2 plants and a gallon or so on the floor... the pump had been running dry for about 2 hours.. un plugged it took up the water and then it would fire again...

EDIT2: by the way snook season starts next week 28" to 32" slot, 1 per day..

oti$

It wasn't me, but I remember reading it recently too...im just getting on the jack's wagon, a little late to the party. I'm trying different ratios in different rooms to see how it goes for me.
I'm going yo have to build myself another ppk. I just fried a dtw room due to a pump failure that cost me a pretty penny. It never would have happened with the ppk's redundancies.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey brother..the ppk does not require any air pumps for O2 another pump or two that can fail, eliminated along with those GD airstones/curtains/whatever... once rolling, I can go away for 3-4 weeks by timing the grow to be in early veg when I'd be away but even a week or two approaching harvest is doable in an emergency...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
heyo I'm glad I didnt miss this one ha! Are these goin 12/12 from seed?
not exactly Tony, they were started under T5s for 22 days, then put 3 into the bloom tent, on the floor and hand watered for sexing. why only 3 who knows? they were all girls. that left me with 2 unsexed GBs a tiny SB about 2" tall and another gluey looking one (GBF). another member posted a 'how to sex' thread a while back, don't remember who but thanks, wrote that by looking at the cotyledons initial proximity to the first set of true leaves. Cotyledons very close to the first set of leaves will be female and seedlings that have a large space between them will be a male... well, GBF was the only one that had that large gap so it was the little SB that went in... all 4, as expected are/were girls, coincidence?? but right now been sexing GBF for the last 5 days and he/she is a very nice looking plant. it isn't the end of the world but im not very happy with MY efforts in this grow. veg transition timing was poor and stressing them out by transplanting them while 12 (or so??) days in bloom only give me the knowledge that they are very vigorous. well heres a coupla pics.. and the little SB is almost a foot tall now..

Attachments

• GBG 2.jpg
    GBG 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34
  • GBG 1.jpg
    GBG 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 34
  • GBG.jpg
    GBG.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 36
  • GBA.jpg
    GBA.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 39
  • GBB.jpg
    GBB.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 36
  • GBC - SB.jpg
    GBC - SB.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 35
  • GBF.jpg
    GBF.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 35

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see some of the nice open structure the last two dads I selected had. Should make for great penetration and some great buds, stoked to see you doin this.

GBa looks like it may be similar to usstoners and chris recent phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts