What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this?

tommygh

Thanks for the the vote of confidence and the 411 on the molasses. Tomorrow I'm going to water with Ph'd water and go easy on the nutes. There has been a rapid browning on the twisted leaves the past 2 days, so there must be some type of lockout. Again, though, it's only the twins, not their sister. The nugs are a little smaller, and after going to 12/12, the twins stretched out a lot more too. It looks like there will be something to harvest, and I'll update with pics when it's time.

igrowone

Veteran
could be lockout, could be burn
twisting is associated with burn
but you seem to have a reasonable plan, hope it goes well

tommygh

It's safe to say that I've pretty much killed the twins. I didn't pay attention to the PH in their run off, I only was checking my other plant. Turns out that even though I watered at the same time, using the same nutes, the levels were very different. My fault for being careless. The PH must have been somewhere near 2 for the twins. It all happened suddenly after about the 2 or 3rd week of flowering. I added a small amount of blood meal, along with the bone meal and bat guano with phosphorous. The leaves suddenly started to twist and dry out at an incredibly fast rate. The growth on the two stems was always somewhat anaemic, but now I'm close to harvesting a tumbleweed. Still have a few weeks to go, but I wonder if I can just chop a couple of the flowers and dry them in the oven to get a taste? Both are at 5 weeks flowering, and the pistils are still white. I'm anxious to try out my new vape pen, but I don't want to rip my throat to shreds either. Any thought?

:tumbleweed:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Scrape off what ya added to the top soil. It was too much and made it to hot. Plain ph'ed water for a couple weeks imo. No oven for drying, be patient brotha.

tommygh

Scrape off what ya added to the top soil. It was too much and made it to hot. Plain ph'ed water for a couple weeks imo. No oven for drying, be patient brotha.

Thanks. I added the nutes about 3 weeks ago, so they're way in there. I'll go with the PH'd water, and skip feeding altogether like you said, only adding some Big Bloom towards the end of next week (gotta' keep my hopes alive :D)

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
You added food 3 weeks ago that burned them an is still available now. Why add big bloom if they already have food they can eat?

tommygh

The Big Bloom is for the Phosphate and Potash. I was using that about 5 weeks ago, so I'm thinking the shock came when I added the blood meal. The other plant is going strong. You think I should just feed my other plant the Big Bloom, and skip the feed for the twins?

tommygh

I was thinking 8 weeks. I'm at 42 days now, but pistils are still snow white, so it looks like I might need to go to about 90 days. The twins stopped talking to me. :comfort:

igrowone

Veteran
you can vape premature flowers, no harshness vaping, or very little
though the taste may not be great, effect probably won't be very good
but if it's really dead, not much to lose
but probably not dead, let them recover as best as you can
buds won't look pretty but will be better if matured

tommygh

you can vape premature flowers, no harshness vaping, or very little
though the taste may not be great, effect probably won't be very good
but if it's really dead, not much to lose
but probably not dead, let them recover as best as you can
buds won't look pretty but will be better if matured

Thanks Grow1. You're right, the buds look like they still have life, and I'm in no rush. I'd rather have the satisfaction of growing something that I can be proud of that tastes good. If the twins look like they're going to start dying on the vine, then I'll be tempted to fire up the toaster oven.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
If it were my garden i would just give ph'ed water to the sick one at 6.5-7.0 for a week or 2, then 1/4 strength big bloom. No way that will go 90, maybe 63 the latest. Stop feeding at the end of week 7 if ya taking her to 63 days/9 weeks, if ya taking them to 8 weeks stop feeding at the end of week 6. Plain ph'ed water the last 2 weeks to fade/flush.

tommygh

If it were my garden i would just give ph'ed water to the sick one at 6.5-7.0 for a week or 2, then 1/4 strength big bloom. No way that will go 90, maybe 63 the latest. Stop feeding at the end of week 7 if ya taking her to 63 days/9 weeks, if ya taking them to 8 weeks stop feeding at the end of week 6. Plain ph'ed water the last 2 weeks to fade/flush.

That's what I'll do. Ph'd water for the twins until they give, and then I'll chop, dry, and cure them, and hope for the best. The strong one I'll grow until I see the pistils turning a nice amber color. Mahalo nui loa.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Ouch. sucks about the twins. I was really interested to see what happened. You can still salvage whats left though, i would just chop off all those damaged leaves at the base. they're gone. the plant will take a little bit to get going again but if you keep feeding plain water and molasses till the end you can still get useable smoke. it's about time to start cutting back nutes on both of em anyway isn't it?

tommygh

Ouch. sucks about the twins. I was really interested to see what happened. You can still salvage whats left though, i would just chop off all those damaged leaves at the base. they're gone. the plant will take a little bit to get going again but if you keep feeding plain water and molasses till the end you can still get useable smoke. it's about time to start cutting back nutes on both of em anyway isn't it?

Yea, it's time to chill on the nutes anyway. Was also thinking about chopping all that bottom growth and prepping the twins for their harvest. I doubt there's much life left in them. Turns out I didn't wind up with two plants in one, it's more like two half plants at half strength.

I have no clue how to get them to get back to where they were about 2 weeks ago. They're planted in FFOF, and I'm about ready to let things run their course and hope for the best.

tommygh

First Grow Progress

First Grow Progress

I'm going to change the name of this thread to First Grow Progress :yummy:. Thanks Art for the reference about harvesting. Thanks Gro for the encouragement. The twins are standing on their last leg. The leaves are all but dead, but I'm going to cure the buds anyway. The triches that formed are clear, and I'll see how much further they'll go. One last note, the twins started to go south right after I watered them with molasses and Big Bloom that I had in the bucket about 5 days. I didn't know. It smelled foul, and maybe that should have been a clue.

Plant 1 developed zinc lockout a week ago. 8 days ago, I fed with phosphorous and bat guano, so this means I'm going to have to stop feeding period. I just flushed with 7.0 water, and then watered a little more with Big Bloom. Hope this helps, but this late into flowering I doubt the lockout is going to have a big effect.

5 days ago I started cutting some of the lower buds, stems, and leaves in order to give the tops more support. 3+ months into my first grow I'm finally starting to feel it.

igrowone

Veteran
... One last note, the twins started to go south right after I watered them with molasses and Big Bloom that I had in the bucket about 5 days. I didn't know. It smelled foul, and maybe that should have been a clue.

sounds like you fed with an anaerobic brew
i have seen posts of plants going down quickly when fed old mixes like that