What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mongolian ruderalis

CBD content will be not so high as some cultivars from Lebanon, Afghanistan ,Pakistan or China.:blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

That's rubbish, plants from the Middle East to the Himalayas have always been grown as hashplants and not selectively bred so they will be high in cbd as it would not really been bred out. If you source em yourself you know for sure how much they have in the wild but they will be high cbd:laughing:

Wow, thanks for response :tiphat:

after I saw ppl translating it on Polish forum I thought about posting it here, for the bigger audience.

It wasn't very tasty or strong, but it gave a delicate stone/chillout effect. There wasn't much resin on it, but I think more of it could develop in better conditions.

I'll try to cross it with some more potent strains,as well as stabilize it. I'll plant a lot of them, so there will be a lot of plants to select best phenos. Unfortunately I don't have indoor conditions for this, so it's gonna take couple of years outdoors :D

thank you all for comment and K !

peace

Nice one man i would love to buy or trade some off you if possible. Lovely landrace genetics. I live at 51n so they would be at home where I am

Zitz

I agree they look similar to kazakhstan landrace. I would guess they have a lot of variation and would be fun to go through a patch to find the good ones.
My understanding is this would mean a variation in the cannabinoid profiles so you could find high CBD/low THC, vice versa and everything in between...

I wonder if they are truly wild seeing as they don't seem to be cultivated in the area?

I agree they look similar to kazakhstan landrace. I would guess they have a lot of variation and would be fun to go through a patch to find the good ones.
My understanding is this would mean a variation in the cannabinoid profiles so you could find high CBD/low THC, vice versa and everything in between...

I wonder if they are truly wild seeing as they don't seem to be cultivated in the area?

I think they are truly wild man, they look like Bulgarian ruderalis with industrial hemp bred into it you see in the north of Bulgaria and in the south they Have ruderalis with wild Turkish genetics in, anyway Kyrgyzstani ones also look like these and they also have resin tops which are harvested gradually in sections ( top first then lower parts) as the strain is ruderalis usually being autoflowering it would carry on flowering and the other tops would gather resin:laughing:

CannaZen

I would certainly be very grateful should they find their way, They're awesome!!

You couldn't tell me these are found to be unsought after, I know close to nothing but i know many people should be interested, I would melt at the perspective of finding these available from the open market, the chance to cultivate them is simply wonderful. Could they not be made available to others at some time?

lob19

Veteran
I sadly announce that the mongolian ruderalis project failed. I wasn't able to sprout any of hundreds of seeds I had, also I havn't heard any good news from people I've sent seeds to. It might take another trip to Mongolia to try this again, but I don't think I'll ever go there ;)

I'm glad so many people were intrested in the subject tho.

Namaste.

I sadly announce that the mongolian ruderalis project failed. I wasn't able to sprout any of hundreds of seeds I had, also I havn't heard any good news from people I've sent seeds to. It might take another trip to Mongolia to try this again, but I don't think I'll ever go there ;)

I'm glad so many people were intrested in the subject tho.

Namaste.

Damn man that's fucked, 100s of seeds is a right bummer, at least you can go back again, like do they only germinate in Mongolia lol?

lob19

Veteran
I've never been to Mongolia myself, and I'm not planning to. I got those seeds from a close friend of mine who did a trip to Mongolia and knowing my passion brought me around 300-500 seeds. Those were very small, probably immature. They looked ripe, but were 1/3 in size of a regular cannabis seed.

I'm quite sure I gave You all all info I had on a subject.

As you probably can imagine, I'm sad that I wasn't able to sprout any of those seeds. I really hoped for this thread to become a source of precious knowledge for future breeding projects.

On the other hand I'm supraised, and happy to see, how many people found this subject intresting, followed it and asked questions.

With those mixed feelings I kindly ask:

Don't PM me obout this subject anymore, unless you're some who I've sent seeds to and you wish to inform me that they've sprouted ;)

Once again thank you all for intrest in this topic.

:tiphat:

Wild Ruderalis seeds are VERY difficult to germinate with our "artificial" methods.

I live in Romania and we have plenty of rudies here as well. The seeds are very small, dark brown and have a VERY THICK shell. It is impossible to crack a seed between your fingers, you have to crack it between your TEETH. That's how hard they are.

I think this is an adaptation to the environment, therefore they can survive through harsh winter and in the case of Romania, very humid rainy autumn, so practically the shell of the seed needs to rot a little bit to thin down or very slowly soften-up by spring-time to be able to germinate.

Artificially I think you need to experiment with acids that can slowly break down the shell and stimulate germination.

I myself tried germinating seeds that I cracked first, but no success. These little fuckers are so adapted to the outdoor conditions that they just refuse to germinate in artificial conditions.

cryptolab

Wild Ruderalis seeds are VERY difficult to germinate with our "artificial" methods.

I live in Romania and we have plenty of rudies here as well. The seeds are very small, dark brown and have a VERY THICK shell. It is impossible to crack a seed between your fingers, you have to crack it between your TEETH. That's how hard they are.

I think this is an adaptation to the environment, therefore they can survive through harsh winter and in the case of Romania, very humid rainy autumn, so practically the shell of the seed needs to rot a little bit to thin down or very slowly soften-up by spring-time to be able to germinate.

Artificially I think you need to experiment with acids that can slowly break down the shell and stimulate germination.

I myself tried germinating seeds that I cracked first, but no success. These little fuckers are so adapted to the outdoor conditions that they just refuse to germinate in artificial conditions.
Hi Kif,

I would like to find a source of wild Ruderalis seeds.
I'd like to create a true-breeding (inbred) strain of Ruderalis.
Are these seeds still available in your area ?
Please let me know... i would be very grateful. :)

cryptoLab :)

Could maybe try a KNF approach called SES with a quick google search could find the mixing rates n solutions to use....here's just a quick copy n paste

Seed/seedling treatment is made by mixing the following inputs at the following dilution ratios.

Fermented Plant Juice (FPJ) (500)

Brown Rice Vinegar (BRV) (500)

Oriental Herb Nutrient (OHN) (1000)

Natural Mineral A (NMA) (1000)

You can add:

Fish Amino Acid (FAA) (1000) if seedlings are small and weak.

Water Soluble Calcium (WCA) (1000) if seedlings are overgrown and soft.

Seeds which germinate quickly (turnip, chinese cabbage, bean) should be soaked for two hours; seeds which germinate more slowly (cucumber, melon, squash, lotus) should be soaked for four hours. Seeds which germinate very slowly (rice, barley, tomato) should be soaked for 7 hours. A half to one hour is sufficient for potatoes, ginger, taro and garlic. When you transplant rice seedlings you should soak or spray SES on them the day before transplanting. Apply SES after transplanting also.

IndicaFarmer

Hi

Some time ago my friend went to Mongolia and knowing my "hobby" he brought me some local weed with plenty of seeds in it.

He has found them close to the city Darchan (mong. Дархан) in the northen part of the country (darker shaded area on the map). It's about 200km nort from Ulanbator, the capital of mongolia marked with star.

picture.php

The climate in this place is extremally continental with a long, cold winter, and a short, warm, dry summer.

picture.php

As you can see the vegetation period is very short
Local people have no idea what cannabis is. Almost nobody smokes it there.

Landscapes
wink.gif

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is how it grows in the wild:

picture.php

Plants are usually small and weak (due to very poor soil and lack of rain), but some of them are much bigger ( up to 5' tall).

picture.php

the buds are very loose, but there were some trichoms visible on the calyxes (hope I spell it right)

picture.php

picture.php

I wonder if those plant have the autoflowering gene. I'll be testing them next season and I'll do a little grow report.

peace
I'd love to have some of that seed to cross with some other strains. The structure looks very interesting and hardy no doubt. I wonder if this variety is close to the original primordial cannabis plant The region seems very close to the center of where Cannabis became its own species..

Lebanizer

I'm quite fascinated by this little thread. The region's totally exotic, the scenery breath taking and the plants look fantastic. As someone else mentionned, they don't look like cannabis at all when seen from afar.

No doubt they're genetically of major interest and should be quite hardy but given the latitudes of Mongolia, I'm not convinced they are a day neutral strain.

Such a pity the seeds didn't sprout. I don't know how long you've waited but I can mention I once had Nepalese freebie seeds (300) with alleged low germ rates. I tried to have them sprout to no avail over the course of 2 months. I had used a lot of soil to get all those seeds to germinate and I didn't want to throw it away so I put it all in a pot and had forgotten about it. Seeds sprouted after six months over a period of 2 years and a half. The last to sprout had been sowed three years before :). All this to say that seeds that come from unhospitable places can be dormant over long periods of time and surprise you when you least expect it. However after three years, It's unlikely they're still viable.

Last edited:

Lebanizer

Even with cold stratification ?

Lebanizer

I'd love to have some of that seed to cross with some other strains. The structure looks very interesting and hardy no doubt. I wonder if this variety is close to the original primordial cannabis plant The region seems very close to the center of where Cannabis became its own species..
Very good question ! Tibet is not that far away !