What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombia is granting new licenses

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Congratulations! I followed the link, but couldn't find any information on it.

How hard was it to do, and what does it allow? What part of Colombia are you in?

I'm in the states now, but love Colombia and am super interested in eventually relocating down there.

Thanks,Was not easy,but not extremely hard, lots of paperwork. the licenses allow to elaborate, sell and export medical cannabis derivates, no flowers.
We are going to grow near La mesa, in cundinamarca.

Abja Roots

Veteran
How much area are you allowed to cultivate with your license? Are you limited by square footage or plant count? How do they regulate your production?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm very interested in learning more. If you could point me in the direction of the paperwork I would be thankful.

This licenses they granted are just the 1st part, is a license for manufacturing, extracting, exporting, buying and selling derivates; as no flowers are allowed in colombia.

Then you need the growing license, much easier wich we applied for an initial 3000sqm; but the idea is to apply for 20.000sqm if we see enough demand from international markets, as we already have the terrain.

Abja Roots

Veteran
This licenses they granted are just the 1st part, is a license for manufacturing, extracting, exporting, buying and selling derivates; as no flowers are allowed in colombia.

Then you need the growing license, much easier wich we applied for an initial 3000sqm; but the idea is to apply for 20.000sqm if we see enough demand from international markets, as we already have the terrain.

That's very interesting. Would love to learn more about it. What region are you in. I got to spend some time in Medellin and loved it out there.

Michael_Phelps

If no flowers are allowed in Colombia, what do you extract? Or can you grow with the permit but then you must turn it all in to derivatives, concentrates, etc? Been down to Colombia recently, bomb ass weed sent me flying! Some wild cannabinoid profiles down there!

conlarazon

Veteran
And the indigenous farmer? They still do not incorporate the most needy, who according to them, would be the first to win with this business. Finally for large companies, the word medicine only means money. Let's look at the other side of the coin too. That's my opinion.

Salud por allá

CaptainDankness

Does sound nice, just seen Marc Emery post that the weed sells for $20 a pound in some village out there. I probably wouldn't want to grow my own their. Lol, I know he had some pictures of buds didn't look too bad, it was kept in jars not then shitty bails of compressed weed.

Can't imagine a lot of money could be made there. Of course if you work as a middle man buy a few hundred pounds and extract the cannabinoids then sell could be some good money. Of course you have to find someone to import from you, legally preferably. Definitely not going to be an easy business, I don't know of any countries buying import cannabis extracts. Of course we legalize marijuana in the USA import weed will kick California's ass, forget about even $1,000 a pound for top shelf.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well if marc is on his South American tour exploring pot farms you can bet there's a VERY good rea$on!;)

Since both he and jodie have convictions, they will most likely be locked out of the coming financial opportunities available this summer when pot is legal in Canada.

.... not to mention the fact that he may need a new place to stay when The Big Story finally breaks!:tiphat:

CaptainDankness

Yeah, I can see him trying to make some money in Columbia. Of course he better not get as big down there them cartels still exist and he's a gringo. Lol

Of course if I was in a cartel I'd use him to push weed, coke and heroin throughout Canada. Surely he's got the connections and it's easier to smuggle drugs into Canada.

snuicide

Does sound nice, just seen Marc Emery post that the weed sells for $20 a pound in some village out there. I probably wouldn't want to grow my own their. Lol, I know he had some pictures of buds didn't look too bad, it was kept in jars not then shitty bails of compressed weed.

Can't imagine a lot of money could be made there. Of course if you work as a middle man buy a few hundred pounds and extract the cannabinoids then sell could be some good money. Of course you have to find someone to import from you, legally preferably. Definitely not going to be an easy business, I don't know of any countries buying import cannabis extracts. Of course we legalize marijuana in the USA import weed will kick California's ass, forget about even $1,000 a pound for top shelf.

Well I saw some calculations about going to colombia and the license to produce derivates is 300k .... and you are not allowed to grow without that license - it is like the mother license which is nessesary to apply for the rest of the licenses

CaptainDankness

Well I saw some calculations about going to colombia and the license to produce derivates is 300k .... and you are not allowed to grow without that license - it is like the mother license which is nessesary to apply for the rest of the licenses

Of course everyone can legal grow 20 plants and the Natives can grow whatever they want.

But $300k you know it's going to be nothing but cartels and foreigners getting licenses.

snuicide

every producer has to use 10% of cannabis growen by natives btw.
usually they are organised in cooperations who manage the contracts and licensing

well the market in colombia is still smal - two big players and some smaller ones when I did some research 3-4 Month ago

Sorry for being so long without posting, i will try to give some answers.

We are located in cundinamarca region.

we are allowed to grow flowers, but we cannot sell them

There are several kind of licenses, we have now two, one for transforming and one for growing, transforming ones will be limited, growing ones will not.

10% of what we transform has to be bought to small growers (under 5000sqm)