What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

INDICA GROWTH WITH SATIVA EFFECTS

riddly

Hi everybody, as per title above, i would be interested to know if anyone knows and has experiences with plants that grow like indicas (short, fast flowering, and heavy yielders) that carry and deliver a sativa effect (euphoria, laughters, happy mood, positivity, creativity and overall feeling good with NO paranoia) . I am looking for such strains to grow outdoors (NO indoors as i don't like it and don't have no tent nor lights). I once grew a strain called 1:1 (50%indica and 50%sativa) and i think everybody liked it (me included) a general feeling of hapiness and positivity with cheerful eyes and smile i even made oil out of it and they all enjoyed it. I will be happy to receive your choices. I will be growing in a flowerbed. enough room for one big plant or max 2 (there are already other olants in it). Last season i grew a strain called early maroc (100% sativa). Planted the seed on the 8th of february and harvested on the 28th of june. it was no autoflowering. just a very early strain with 40 days of flowering. gave me 100 grams. more than satisfied as i am not a smoker and the high was decent. Ideally i am looking for sth balanced. no couch-lock nor too high(paranoia) a good balance between the two but leaning more towards the happy side of the spectrum.

Thank you!
riddly

WelderDan

Veteran
C99, grows like an Indica, smokes like a Sativa. Easy to grow, good yield. Fast flowering too. Didn't make me paranoid, but did trigger anxiety if I over did it. As with any herb, it affects different people different ways. It shines as a breeding tool IMO. Adds punch, shortens flowering when bred to weaker or longer flowering varieties. Just my opinion. Take from that what you will.

Satyros

I can't vouch for the effects yet, but, judging from what's here and the intent behind it:

Sexbud (a c99 offshoot): it "is" a sativa as per leaves and structure, however it is sensitive to light changes, so it will tend to stop growing and start flowering early, resulting in a relatively small plant. Mine did not stretch very much. The budding resembles indica, in that it bulks up and produces trichomes quickly, but the effect is supposed to be sativa.

Orient Express: sativa mixed with enough Yunnan indica just to reduce the size of the plant. Its budding is very sativa, so it is slower with bulk and trichomes than Sexbud, but over a longer flowering period, might be a higher yielder. Mine is taller than the Sexbud by virtue of extended tops that are filled with budding sites. Grown from a regular seed; the fems are supposed to be shorter.

Nemesis: very much looks indica and is the most compact/least stretchy of anything I have. However, the buzz is supposed to be more sativa in character. It's a 50/50 hybrid and it doesn't show any sativa visually, so perhaps it really is there in the flower. However, I'm not aware of anything that would make it flower early.

If you are not too far north, you can cajole a non-equatorial sativa to grow small like an indica by planting it late, but this requires warmth throughout October.

You have a similar gardening concept as me, for which, planting early (spring), you would have no real choices other than "early flowering" varieties--"autos" are all indica if I understand correctly. So probably Sexbud, or, by extension, the c99 "family" is worth a look.

riddly

Hi Satyros and thank you for your detailed answer. I can grow at latitude 40 (and also at latitude 31) . At latitude 40 , October has def.ly a weaker sun so maybe not an option for a non equatorial sativa. But at latitude 31 it will be ok as the sun is always warm there.
I will take a look at the options (other names) you gave me. And if you are at my same latitude Early Maroc really is an incredible strain because you can harvest before september for sure. I harvested on the 28th of june (planted the seed on the 8th of february) at latitude 40. Just perfect. Again thank you

nldfarmer

+1 for Cindy 99, I grew two from female seeds and got a short pineapple pheno with Sativa ish effects and a taller more fruity pheno with more clear Sativa effects.

riddly

which seedbank is theproducer of cindarella99? i mean the first seedbank to have put this strain out on the market ?

^

Brothers Grimm is the company that originally bred C99.

Their new version isn’t the exact same as the old but people have found some similar plants that are still pretty quick flowering, with a Indica structure but Sativa high. The pineapple pheno is still there and I think there is a grapefruit pheno.

G

growhigh1233

blueberry ................ its elusive to find a good 1 but when u do it can be a euphoric motivator

bangi haze .................. allot more stable, one of the best in aces catalogue

riddly

@growhigh1233

i found Bangi Haza on the ACE seeds website thank you. Seems nice to me!

Could you tell which bank produces the Blueberry? I looked on ********** and it seems the only one producing Blueberry is Spliff Seeds. Can you confirm that?

Thank you for your help!

G

growhigh1233

@growhigh1233

i found Bangi Haza on the ACE seeds website thank you. Seems nice to me!

Could you tell which bank produces the Blueberry? I looked on ********** and it seems the only one producing Blueberry is Spliff Seeds. Can you confirm that?

Thank you for your help!

you have 2 main choices for bluebery dutch passion or DJ shorts ............. with both needing at least 20 seeds to find a good one !

dj shorts are the best tho

bangi haze is a winner ............ not the strongest but a beautiful sativa high

1God777

Grow a indica dom. Hybrid an grow the most sativa phenotype with sativa structure an leaves and showing sativa traits during flowering.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bangi Haze does not conform to specs desired, ime. It's a NLD that grows like a NLD (NLD = sativa for the misinformed)

G

growhigh1233

Bangi Haze does not conform to specs desired, ime. It's a NLD that grows like a NLD (NLD = sativa for the misinformed)

have you grown it ? ............ i have

very compact ... very dense buds ......... the phenos i found stayed shorter than a dj short blueberry i was working with at the time

but not only that.... the quality of the high i believe is totally appropriate..... i grew it 4/5 years ago and it still lives long in the memory (security scare caused me to cull all keepers including the bangis)

practical experience always trumps theory

~star~crash~

this is Amnesia (sativa high w/ indica like growth)

this is Amnesia (sativa high w/ indica like growth)

picture.php