What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How far into the 12/12 stretch can you safely Supercrop?

As title asks. 2 week stretch up this coming weekend and I still have a few new tops that are now higher. Trying to find out if I’m safe to SC them or let them be

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you make a crop without breaking the stem it can be done also at mid flowering, no problem with it.
If you crop later, it also work but slightly different.

:wave:

I’ll be hitting day 14 since switch to 12/12 this Saturday and have been supercropping every few days to keep canopy even and I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t jacking anything up if I did one more SC

ratchy

3 weeks in when I sc and no problems just keep your eyes open and you should be good horses for courses :)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I Super Cropped some today and a few days ago around 2wks + and didn't even give it a thought. If your VERY careful SC it can be done at least mid flower on your strain maybe more without losing much or them slowing down. Ive accidentally bend a top over pretty late and not lost much. But I try to do it early within first 2-3wks just so you can get your canopy to grow better. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep her outta the hot lights if you have low ceiling. I'm at 6ft in my basement and gonna take the light hangers off and zip tie my reflectors to the hook in the ceiling lol, so whatever you gotta do is better than burning the top.

Not sure why that resent lol. But thanks. I have plenty of room since I misread the stretch numbers and flipped early, I just want a even canopy to make up for the loss of a ft or 2!!

Chemdawggy Dawg

Yea I Super Cropped some today and a few days ago around 2wks + and didn't even give it a thought. If your VERY careful SC it can be done at least mid flower on your strain maybe more without losing much or them slowing down. Ive accidentally bend a top over pretty late and not lost much. But I try to do it early within first 2-3wks just so you can get your canopy to grow better. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep her outta the hot lights if you have low ceiling. I'm at 6ft in my basement and gonna take the light hangers off and zip tie my reflectors to the hook in the ceiling lol, so whatever you gotta do is better than burning the top.

I wouldn't recommend using zip ties to hold your lights up, they aren't that strong and get brittle over time. Use some wire instead.

Greenthumber

I wouldn’t try any bending or pinching after the first week or two. And usually only deleaf up untill week 2-3, if you can tie any tall branches back I would do that first

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I wouldn't recommend using zip ties to hold your lights up, they aren't that strong and get brittle over time. Use some wire instead.

Yea I changed them out for some metal clip things I use. I hang the hood a few days, but your right that's definitely not a good idea. Seems like when I run outta things or don't have something i need, I'll use whatever til I get to the store or Amazon. I'm off the beaten trail a bit and it takes a little bit to get to the hardware store. :tiphat:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Yea I changed them out for some metal clip things I use. I hang the hood a few days, but your right that's definitely not a good idea. Seems like when I run outta things or don't have something i need, I'll use whatever til I get to the store or Amazon. I'm off the beaten trail a bit and it takes a little bit to get to the hardware store. :tiphat:

You can get really really large thick zip ties, that could hold tons of weight. If you are worried about them weathering, just snip them off and replace them after every grow or 2. I have the large zip ties holding a 10 inch filter (very heavy) and fan, have not switched them out since I put them in 3 years ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts