What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama - outdoor to indoor?

peng

Hello icmag!
I have been growing CBG's Panama during this summer in my balcony; i have 3 plants; two of them grew regularly but with one i messed up with drainage at the bottom of the pot; so it had some root issues.

I germinated them before the beginning of summer (Nov 26 ), although i wanted to do it earlier. They started flowering around Feb 28, and today they should be around 8/9 weeks.

This is the first time i grow such sativa strains in my balcony, and because of my orientation, they only get direct sunlight from 07:00 to 13:00. So, basically they are mostly one sided, and due that both plants grew so tall, the bottom parts are much more mature than the upper parts.

Also, the tallest one was a real bush during Jan and Feb, so it attracted quite a lot of spiders, although i tried to trap them with roses and other attractive and more edible flower plants for them.

With the spider attack, i counter attacked with a chemical insecticide (mostly because its effectiveness and i had such a long time to harvest yet). That done, it controlled quite well the spiders but i feel the quality of the buds are not as good as the other ones. I guess the tall one took the shot for the small ones.

Long story short, the smallest one is quite pretty and weather here is getting worse and worse (dry cold nights and mornings), so i decided to set up a tent with 400w hps to get some harvest during winter. For this i germinated some seeds in early march of Amnesia regular, they currently have 4-5 nodes and have been growing also in the balcony (i germinated 15 seeds, currently i have about 11 females).

The tent is 1m x 1m x 2m, carbon filter attached to an extractor and a cooltube.

I also bought Sensi Early skunk auto, i wanted to have fast crop to be honest, and perhaps some diversity.

ANYWAYS!!!! my plan is to put the small panama, the amnesia and early skunk autos in the tent, to have 13/11 or 12/12 for the rest of the winter.
My idea is to put the lamp close enough to Panama, and the other ones have some kind of base or level below them to share some light.

Other details... the soil is Bio bloom all mix and the ferts i used are also Bio Bizz and some Delta 9.

I have some "Mammoth P" stuff here as well, i don't know if i can also throw it in the broth for my outdoor Panamas. My issue with fertilizing now is that there is not much sun or warm temperatures outside, so evapotranspiration is quite low, therefore i can only irrigate with a small amount of water, and with the product diluted in such small amount, perhaps it is worthless?

I would love to hear all your thoughts and comments about this,

Thank you!

thejact55

Main thing is be careful of bugs. Ive done this before, its really no sweat. But ive been amazed when i put it indoors, after being outdoors for many months..and bugs start popping up. Outdoors it is cool with some bugs, but spiders (real ones, not mites) come out, spider mites, and whatever else show up. Make sure they are super clean.

Other than that, no sweat. I would mimic real time ouside though, and kinda slowly reduce time to your lowest stage you plan (seems like 12/12 for you). If you get light from 6 am to 9 pm, start it there ans reduce it to 6 to 6 or 9 to 9 or inbetween.
Just prevent and attack quick once indoors. Long term issues with bugs arent cool.

Good looking plants!

peng

Main thing is be careful of bugs. Ive done this before, its really no sweat. But ive been amazed when i put it indoors, after being outdoors for many months..and bugs start popping up. Outdoors it is cool with some bugs, but spiders (real ones, not mites) come out, spider mites, and whatever else show up. Make sure they are super clean.

Other than that, no sweat. I would mimic real time ouside though, and kinda slowly reduce time to your lowest stage you plan (seems like 12/12 for you). If you get light from 6 am to 9 pm, start it there ans reduce it to 6 to 6 or 9 to 9 or inbetween.
Just prevent and attack quick once indoors. Long term issues with bugs arent cool.

Good looking plants!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Well it has been some time now from this post; i put the panama in the tent finally, and harvested at the very end of may (it spent about 30 days inside the tent). Yield is low as expected, but quality is good in my opinion; nice taste, grey ash, long lasting sativa high, with munchies. It leaves my apartment smelling very nice.

On bugs i didn't have much choice but to apply some neem oil solution with cotton tips to the branches and below the leaves at the start of each bud, to prevent spiders from crawling on them and stop the bloody white flies, since i was already flowering. Each application took some time, but i think it's worth it.

I uploaded some pictures, hopefully good to see. I have continued growing in my tent, but Panama is no more... finally.

I have some questions on my other plants inside the tent, but perhaps i will create another thread for that.

Thanks for your reading!:biggrin: