What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying frozen bud?

Sand

Hi everyone! :wave:

Last fall I harvested some outdoor white widow and put in the freezer after a few days of drying, because the smell was just absolutely overwhelming and I also encountered some problems with mold, which I removed of course. My plan was to dry it for up to a week and then cure it in a zip bag, as I usually would. Any possible way to still get it nice and smokeable after being frozen? I also have the option to turn it into bubble but that would be my last resort. Let me know what you think!

Cheers from Germany,
Sand :kitty:

blastfrompast

Veteran
Well I put an oz of fresh frozen vac'd in the freezer as a test wrapped in parchment....moisture from buds condensed on between bag and parchment over 1.5yrs later I pulled it out last week...

no smell and looks like it had a 3 day dry once it warmed up.....lol

THC123

Veteran
It depends how dry the weed was. If the stems snapped (even barely, yo u should be good. If it was too wet it will be ruined. But the freezer is actually a great way to preserve smells and I never get mushy weed in the freezer. I prefer it over glass jars :D

Latest posts

Latest posts