What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off grid grow

brendon420

you're learning quick by the look of your plants

well done,

time to search out the matanuska mist or that alaskan thunderfuck....2 of my tops

Thanks Brendon,

In my web...

20180502_140111_720x1280.jpg

This pic is at 7 weeks..

20180425_214554_1280x720.jpg

Its 30 feet long and 9 feet wide at the base and just over 7 feet in the center. 20 foot sticks of 1 inch pvc zip tied and wire tied to top trellis. I will make roll up sides to vent 4 feet by 30 feet each side. The vent openings will be covered in window screen/bug screen. Will install a whirlybird 10 inch vent. The black ground cover fabric will be used later on for light deprivation to induce flowering.

TnTLabs

im a bit late, maybe has been mentioned, but get a old diesel generator and run it on used oil??? will save you a ton!!
good luck never the less

im a bit late, maybe has been mentioned, but get a old diesel generator and run it on used oil??? will save you a ton!!
good luck never the less

The orange box in the background is a 40kw 110, 220, 440 single and 3 phase. It's a 67hp naturally aspirated (no turbo) cummins 4bt that's sips fuel at 2.5 gallons per hour, but it's a little too much and I finally saved up enough to get city power the last 800 feet to my house. Thanks for the suggestion tnt.

Got the 60 feet of bug screen/ vent in place and plastic on and secured. Gonna just close up one end and install a door in the other end. I will need to install a couple 30' pipes in the plastic bottoms so I can roll it up for venting.

Watchgrassgrow, Hows the Price of bud out there? and your set ups and walk through your grow and greenhouse looked hella gorgeous for sure, any plans on expanding?

Watchgrassgrow, Hows the Price of bud out there? and your set ups and walk through your grow and greenhouse looked hella gorgeous for sure, any plans on expanding?

Killsgaurd...Just running these for now while I try this dry amendment organic soil I got composting. Will have to give away or kill a few of the smaller underperforming girls. What I'm doing different this round is going full organic in large pots and I'm trying to grow bigger plants that yield more fruit meaning a longer veg time...

I do have a few Blue Cheese autoflowers from Dinafem. I'll try one of them using just coco and perlite with gh 3 part nutes cal mag etc kinda of a synthetic comparison to test quality yield etc with a different grow method. I was gonna do dwc on the autos but I sure like this low maintenance thing I got going now. Min 5 gallon pots and maybe as much as 20 gallons on a couple of them.

The girls will share the greenhouse with my vegetable garden. The price is still high here and the edibles are low potency and that's why I grow my own.

As far as expanding... If I can grow big heavy plants with this method I may get a limited cultivation license, but for now just trying to produce top shelf herb to prove I still got it.

20190629-021926-768x908.jpg

Here are two of the blue cheese autos 5 gallon transplants. One in super soil and only water and one in only coco and perlite. Feeding coco only cal mag and 1:1:1 ratio of GH veg micro bloom at 500ppm and ph 6.5 to 7. Will flood the coco until water drains out the bottom once the plant is big enough. I'll be doing a similar test on the fem photoperiod plants with coco vs organic super soil. All week had the 600 watt hps on them and setup the 4x8 grow tent in the greenhouse. It's been in the 50's and no sun but the doors are open now and if the sun comes out I'll turn off the light.

20190704-162145-1024x1024.jpg

All the girls have been transplanted into their final pots. A few 20 gallon, a few 10 gallon, and the rest 5 gallon. The weather has been record breaking in Alaska. Temps in the greenhouse were above 100 degrees often but the plants are doing fine.

Finished the roll up sides. Welded a simple handle.

20190711-210756-1224x1224.jpg

20190711-211143-1224x1224.jpg

20190711-211225-1224x1224.jpg

Here are two of the auto flowers. The one on the right is the coco coir and perlite with 1:1:1 GH nutes and cal mag plus. The one on the left is super soil with dry organic amendments and just water.

I was training the coco plant and in its upwards growth was strong enough to break the top off. Even with this setback it seems to be doing fine and its growth is on par with the one in soil. The plant in super soil has more developed bud sites and a little less vigorous growth.

I'll be switch from 1:1:1 to Lucas formula here in a week or so to encourage more bud development.

20190711-210927-1224x1224.jpg

20190711-210908-1224x1224.jpg

20190711-210851-1224x1224.jpg

Here are the two autos that started out with equal vigor. Left is lucas formula and coco perlite and right is subcool organic soil.

20190723-192717-1224x1224.jpg

I won't be giving much creadence to final weight or growth on these two dinafem blue cheese autos. I will only be testing bud quality. I think the high temps sent the one in super soil into bud early. I have seen this happen to autos in dwc.

Latest posts

Latest posts