What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Single dwc bucket scrog setup questions

bobert

Hey guys!

I usually have problems with my ladies falling over once they start packing on some weight. I was thinking about making a single 5gal dwc bucket scrog to help hold it up.

On my recent grows I just ran a regular 5gal dwc and lifted the lid to check/add water. Would this be feasible with a screen fastened to the bucket lid? I would imagine it'd be heavy to lift with one hand and checking/adding water with the other hand.

The only other thing I could think of is connecting to a 2nd bucket to do my water add/check from there. Then hang a screen from the ceiling or mount it to the wall.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bobert

Thanks for your reply!

After reading a few journals of single buckets with a screen attached to the lid, I don't think that's what I'll do. The two bucket method I mentioned sounds like a better way to do it. Plus it'll help me cool the water down with ice bottles.

I have a good length of 1.5 inch schedule 40 white pvc laying around.

Is 1.5 inch ok to use or should I go bigger?

Would I need black pvc instead of white?

Since the buckets are round, I'll probably use a uniseal at the connections. Is that ok also?

Thanks again

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
bro, just use your imagination - dwc is fun like other styles, but just leep the limitatons it impose in mind during the grow and youll be fine

bobert

I appreciate your reply!

I've been doing dwc for a few years now but just haven't set up anything like a screen or connecting buckets together. I want to do it right the first time. So using the correct material seems pretty crucial to me.