What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rdwc planter trough system

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hello. This thread is to document the construction and test of my new Rdwc system using 100cm troughs. will add pics as I progress or see in my album.

I kindly welcome any advice ,if you see any flaws in my system please point em out.

I use the bottom trough tray as a lid and cut out 4 95mm holes for net pots. total of 5 troughs with 20 plants. each trough holds 20 litres, so total volume with a rez will be approx 200 litres/ 45 gallons.
growing sog style with little to no veg times.
3 air stones and hiblow pumps
I have a external water pump and a chiller incase temps rise over 68f.
Nutes i will be using 1 part ionic bloom only, no boosters or adatives.

bigbadbillybob

I would put the air pump higher than the ground, to prevent it going tits up by back syphoning if you have any form of power cut or spike.
I lost a pump due to this, its worth it for peace of mind, it prevents the water coming back through the airlines and screwing the pump

Hydro8

Nice looking set up. I have thought of playing with totes, those look even more interesting. I am looking forward to see how they do.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Some serious bubbles in there uh! :yes: