What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

oti$

You've come a long way since I began lurking your posts before you took your little hiatus from the mag. I'm glad the dumb shits didn't discourage you and you have made a triumphant return. There's plenty of great info up in this piece and you've got a better handle on things than many. Keep killing it girl and show us how it's done:D .... I'll be lurking until I have something useful to add, until then, I may just pop up to cheerlead from time to time to show my support and respect. You totally got this and I can't wait to watch you bang out heavy harvest after heavy harvest!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Shit it will work. He is probably talking about no slope and the undersized 3/4 exit which I would guess is so it will hook to a garden hose maybe for stealth. Not going to have crazy amounts of drain water so it won’t matter much. I would put screens in each tray/table just to keep the pipes clean. You can always make cleaning/spraying the pipe out just part of the every run routine. Having a water tight connection to the trays will ensure if it backs up the water stays off the floor and will add a little slope/head pressure to the drain. Palindrome did build a couple sweet closets so he probably has some constructive advice, we will see.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Shit it will work. He is probably talking about no slope and the undersized 3/4 exit which I would guess is so it will hook to a garden hose maybe for stealth. Not going to have crazy amounts of drain water so it won’t matter much. I would put screens in each tray/table just to keep the pipes clean. You can always make cleaning/spraying the pipe out just part of the every run routine. Having a water tight connection to the trays will ensure if it backs up the water stays off the floor and will add a little slope/head pressure to the drain. Palindrome did build a couple sweet closets so he probably has some constructive advice, we will see.

.. I'm so close to a preputuuial grow... So close the drain goes outside and into a drum the 3/4 inch drops down a foot before the drum... As you can see by the wall... The original did back up once... But the passive drain works... The trays when packed in will only fit one way.... And the drains line up every time... Its the best fix to having trays that move... That's the missing factor here I think...

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I have it say it... It's_My_ Choice... Seriously nice flowers and the rosin is fantastic.. What kind of press would you recommend...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
So I have it say it... It's_My_ Choice... Seriously nice flowers and the rosin is fantastic.. What kind of press would you recommend...

Back on post 5620 of this thread I put up a couple pics of what I use. The one best value vacs sells seems like the best deal I have found. I have been building a new high production version that squishes a pound at a time that I am getting excited about.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Back on post 5620 of this thread I put up a couple pics of what I use. The one best value vacs sells seems like the best deal I have found. I have been building a new high production version that squishes a pound at a time that I am getting excited about.

Page 562 for me has your post on it.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I am going to set up a vertical led wall in your honor as soon as this run finishes. I think this chimp mints is stretchy enough.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am going to set up a vertical led wall in your honor as soon as this run finishes. I think this chimp mints is stretchy enough.

I like hybrids that are 40-60% either way. 40% indica and 60% sativa. Or the other way. To much sativa and they grow to much in flower and they are hard to manage. To much indica and they dont stretch enough in flower.

The light will also affect the stretch. 4000K will stretch less than 3000K. I dont know enough about that to really comment on it yet other than to say what I have posted.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have been looking for one. This one is definitely a hybrid and stretches but stays very strong and sturdy. It produces bud all the way down, takes a while probably 70-75 days but tastes great, true mint. I have some 6 big ones vegged about 3 months, with lots of big low starting branches. It will be next month and I can’t wait. I ran stacked vertical bare bulbs for a few years,years ago, but was growing seed plants and strayed but I am a believer

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I press at 180-200 degrees for a 2-3 minutes in 90-120 micron bags. The only thing I know for sure is every strain is different and the fresher the better. The c99 is some of my favorite.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
I press at 180-200 degrees for a 2-3 minutes in 90-120 minutes micron bags. The only thing I know for sure is every strain is different and the fresher the better. The c99 is some of my favorite.

Does your rosin come out dark? I have never pressed for that long. 180 degrees for hash, 45 seconds to a min max. 200 for flower. It's still dark sometimes.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It depends on the strain but not really ever dark, maybe more orange than golden. Sometimes it’s almost white. I guess I have had brown but it’s usually from older trim or with a 160-220 micron bag. The only reason I know how long now is this press has a timer, it used to be just press until it quit making noise. I try to press after it dries for 1 or 2 weeks and clean off the leaves and stuff it tight in the bag. I mostly press flower now occasionally I tumble it for dry sift and then press. Lately it’s been big bags with 1 oz per squish producing 2 or 3 grams of goo. That’s what’s pictured.

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I have bumped my feeds up right before flower to 750ppm.5 holding at 5.9 to 6.0 is working great... I'm about to lay my Scrog in and flip the lights... Finally