What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overgrowing the Planet -the use of Seed Bombs

G

Godless

This is a great idea. I have thought of some others that are similar in action and/or effect:

1. Combine this with geo-caching. Obviously there are some pitfalls with this, but think about the possibilities! Person A seedbombs 10 wild spots and anonymously posts the GPS coordinates online somewhere around the time that they should be harvestable. Person B-Z "happens to find them" while out hiking.

2. Instead of seedbombs, what about coming up with a safe way to distribute seeds to local would-be growers? An anonymous post on craigslist says "an envelope containing 10 seeds is inside such and such library book at the main library in town," or you could do it with geocaching too.

3. Include a small how-to grow weed pamphlet easily created with content from this site.

I'm sure there are other ideas as well, but I thought I'd throw these out in case it gets someone else's gears moving...

Fat J

Hey guyzz, GREAT idea man, I got a ton of b-seed that i dont know what 2 do with - gonna make some of these asap.

I have a tip though on how to get the most success out of them...

An old friend once told me how he sets up outdoor wild grows - the trick is to look for vegetation that is water-loving, every type of wild field/area will have random "water plants" scattered more or less frequently depending on how deep the aquifer is.

Most of these plants liik kinda like reeds/have longer/thicker frond-like leaves.

If you find these, there is water below, usually just a few feet down, they are usually at lower points in the landscape.

I will throw the bombs at these spots right before a rain and let em go, hopefully pollenating and spreading much more seed around the area.

RE-GROW the planet's natural proliferation of pot plants - its not terrorism, its environmental restoration!

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Hey guyzz, GREAT idea man, I got a ton of b-seed that i dont know what 2 do with - gonna make some of these asap.

An old friend once told me how he sets up outdoor wild grows - the trick is to look for vegetation that is water-loving, every type of wild field/area will have random "water plants" scattered more or less frequently depending on how deep the aquifer is.

Most of these plants liik kinda like reeds/have longer/thicker frond-like leaves.

If you find these, there is water below, usually just a few feet down, they are usually at lower points in the landscape.

I will throw the bombs at these spots right before a rain and let em go, hopefully pollenating and spreading much more seed around the area.

RE-GROW the planet's natural proliferation of pot plants - its not terrorism, its environmental restoration!

Sir, if I may offer a suggestion. Rather than seeding in very out of the way places (running the risk of pollinating somebody's patch/es) it may be better to seed bohm in and around towns and cities for a higher profile. If highly visible, it won't last long enough to pollinate anyone's grow, and visibility is the main reason for the bohm's.

I like your ideas about looking for favorable areas to seed. If I may, I would also add look for spots that get at least morning sun.

Large pots like the ones on some city streets, don't get a lot of attention, until one person does a double take and is surprised to see a 6" plant with that oh so distinctive leaf pattern!

Spots along fence lines are usually not trimmed so well and even though the seeds would have a hard time of it at first, how funny would it be if one...or two...or ten...got to about 2' or 3' tall before anyone noticed? That would be about the time everybody notices!

A month or two later, make a drive by on areas you have seeded and if you spot one, pass the word to the press! They're mostly whores anyway (and that's a slander on whores everywhere!) and just might jump on it!

Ya! "The Boston Seed Party!" 4/20/10
(lol...sounds like a bloom fert!)

namaste

C

cork144

ive thrown bagseed into a river, wondering where they would end up too,

never went looking, couldnt be botherd to potentially walk 10 - 20 miles along a river bank and back

apparantly a friend smelt some plants towards harvest time last year somwhere downstream, he never found em

sito007

Use all your old or unwanted healthy seeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPyfEzowLWs

seed pop4/20 lol

pollinating and spreading much more seed around the area.
this is the goal of seed bombing
that's a great idea.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
in ORANGE COUNTY NY at the cnty court house there is a huge place to hangout play frisbee or used to be able to hangout and shit .we would put handfuls of seeds in the giant planters they had everywhere ,the building houses the coutr house the motor vechicle probation all kinds of stuff and the county jail (OCJ)was like 200 feet from that

Tatz

High there and thanks 4 this GREAT thread !!!!
Here´s an offer from SensiSeeds....

Reduce your carbon footprint with Hemp

To Grow or not to Grow:
Your First Legal Cannabis
5000 legal cannabis seeds for only €100

Now you can grow your own legal crop of cannabis, simply to enjoy the sight of these beautiful plants brightening your garden. Alternatively, you can harvest the seeds for food and break the stalks to retrieve the long fibres and wood. Growing cannabis can wipe out your carbon footprint as airlines and hotels try to do with planting trees.

Tatz

...Oh, and did you hear about the Feds Or Dea or some other Leo´s did in South America ?
They hauled a guerilla grow, in a net, dunglin´ below some heli, from the grow site back to copshop or whtevr- several miles anyways.
THEY OVERGREW BIG STYLE !!! Seeds were falling out of the net, and wonderfully spread in a broad corridor by the propelled wind from the ´copter !!!!! LMAO !!!!!
:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

Meh, most of the weed spread won't even get harvested & it'll just disrupt ecosystems even worse than guerrilla growers do as it is.

Kaneh

it'll just disrupt ecosystems even worse than guerrilla growers do as it is.

I can think of one or two things that are distrupting our ecosystem more than planting ganja seeds.
...can you? ;)

Growing weed will probably be on the + side on our ecosystem.

I would love to hear some results of seedbombs, is it working?
I have been throwing seeds on my field, just for fun, but no luck.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I was thinking of doing "median grows" in the middle of the streets BUT wondering how often they have the city workers out there cutting that shit down or maintaining it. I like the in town and in your face approach for sure because people who know what it is will say "what the fuck, pot growing right here on the main road?" and those who don't will odds are go with "pretty plant".....

Anyone have any thoughts on in town areas that might not get as much attention as city property? We have plenty of lots and land for sale with overgrown weeds and shit all over our city, it is private property though.... I don't step foot on others property let alone toss seeds or clones on it.

I guess just overgrown public property will be my best bet.

"Plant A Seed or Clone On 420" - imagine everyone planting a clone or tossing seeds on 420 all across the world

medmaker420

Veteran
"Plant A Seed Or Clone On 420" April 20th 2010 - Are You With Us?

"Plant A Seed Or Clone On 420" April 20th 2010 - Are You With Us?

edited,

they moved the thread itself into this one SO instead of it getting lost I am just removing the post...

they also edited my damn signature to point to this thread instead of the one I made so I am removing that as well.

o well

hall monitors are the tops lol.

Last edited:
C

Cookie monster

Sing me up :) have a few trays of seeds germing as we speak that are due to be planted out around then.

medmaker420

Veteran
Sing me up :) have a few trays of seeds germing as we speak that are due to be planted out around then.

It just seems like such a perfect day to do it as well. I am looking around, I have a ton of seeds and can cut clones and get them out no problem.

With the seeds I am thinking of germing some and actually planting them as well as just tossing random seed around as well. If it was closer to winter I would just toss seeds out BUT right now is a great time for growing SO germed and IN the soil might actually be beneficial as well as clones versus simply tossing seeds around.