What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider miles in week 4 of flower in 9 week strain

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Look at the Mite's reproductive rate vs room temp.

Mites don't like the cold, cool things down and it slows down the cycle and can let you get a handle on things.

1 mite = 400 mites every 3 days
VS
1 mite = 400 mites every 20 days.....

WOW... that makes sense... when my temps were cooler, saw no damage, 2 weeks ago the weather turned warmer, and they exploded... trying to keep them in check for another week... not sure if the 1000 ladybugs i bought for the tent (4x3.5ft) r killing em all, but under the microscope i see mites, but they aint moving... are they dead...or just playin dead for the lady's...

therevverend

Veteran
With the alcohol technique, the water-washing technique we're not talking about long term eradication. The goal is to keep the infestation in check until the plants finish flowering. Once that happens I'd hack everything, bomb the room, and start over.
If you have to have clones to keep your strain going quarantine the little ones and keep washing. It's a lot easier to wash away mites with small clones then with big semi-flowered plants. You may have to do it for a long time mites are hard to get rid of. I'd only take one clone, it's easier to clean up one plant then 30.
Another thing that works well, at least where I live, is moving vegetative plants outside during summer. I've never had a terminal mite infestation on outdoor plants. Of course whenever you take clones from outdoor plants you're starting with an infestation, usually thrips and mites.

kickarse

Spider mites aren't much of a problem, if they get out of hand, use a vacuum cleaner to suck the webs off the plant, mites in the web as well
when you chop the plant, pull it all out and hang it bottom up,
watch all the little fuckers go to the top(bottom of plant), easy to fuck them up there

therevverend

Veteran
The only spider mite infestation I've had outdoors was caused by their tendency to climb upwards when a plant dies and dries out. I had some veggies near a cannabis plant. As the summer progressed and the plants got bigger they grew together. As I harvested the veggies they died off and the mites moved to the higher foliage. Which was the ganja. I went from a low concentration of mites on veggies and cannabis to a high concentration on the cannabis. Won't be making that mistake again. A system that works great in June and July can fail in August and September.