What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hernia

Smokerman

Veteran
Noticed a bulge in my left groin a few weeks ago, because it's getting bigger I decided to go to the doctors.
Turns out I have an Inguinal hernia now I get to look forward to more surgery. Doctor said if it starts hurting to go to hospital immediately.
I'm so fed up with all this doctor/hospital shit.

St. Phatty

Sorry to hear it.

I watched my grandfather have a hernia, and one of my pot-smoking friends has a hernia.

One of the problems there is the clamp-down on opioids.

If you have a hernia, you're usually in pain.

Hope your doctors take care of you.

If not, I would try crossing the border to Mexico or Canada. They are simply better at treating pain because the government doesn't hamstring them with BS Drug War laws.

Smokerman

Veteran
Sorry to hear

If not, I would try crossing the border to Mexico or Canada. They are simply better at treating pain because the government doesn't hamstring them with BS Drug War laws.

I'm lucky I live in Ontario, Canada.
With all the health issues I have, the health care system has worked well for me so far.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your condition. I had an abdominal hernia and had laparoscopic surgery, inserting a mesh patch to fix it. It was an outpatient procedure, went in early in the morning and was out by noon. I actually walked from the wheel chair to the car leaving the hospital and then from the car to the couch (hunched over a bit). It was relatively painless, a lot less than the combined pain of the condition prior to the surgery, and recovery was fairly quick. Had some restrictions on activities such as lifting, running, etc. but all in all I was amazed at how fast things got back to normal and it was such a relief to have the thing fixed.

ion

heya smokerman, i got the same. and another growing on the other side of my junk. first noticed it ......4-5 years ago. they wanted me to go in immediately for cutting but ive managed to keep it minimal for this long, probably going in this winter for the mesh. ive had spikes of pain maybe couple handfuls of time over the course of it, but im very conscience of every fucking move i make to keep from pushing out and to keep from straining the area as much as possible. and i do lotsa heavy lifting for work. i got no idea how big an issue your little guy is, but unless its getting bigger over the course of days/weeks, and your tubes aint popping out of your abdominal wall, you can run it for a while if needed. the main thig is dont get your tubes caught out of the ab wall, right? thats when ya got a few hours to get to the ER before things get serious real quick

best of luck, and if you do go in soon make sure you're taken care of after, ya know? you want that thing to heal perfectly so ya dont have a re-run.

ion

werent it fun when they shoved their fingers in and said cough??????????

i coughed, then chirped.......more painful than when i had to get rodded with a 6" Qtip up the shaft checking for herpeeeeez.......and i got another hernia on the other side of the ivory log too. the joys of getting older while working a young man's job

Smokerman

Veteran
Saw surgeon today and he's going to do surgery October 20 to repair hernia, should be in and out in a day.
Also saw cardiologist today and wants to send me for an assessment to have a defibrillator installed in my fuckin chest, not to sure about this one.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. [/FONT]

G

Gr33nSanta

do you find it gets worst if you cough too much from smoking? I think have a mild one been feeling it for years... on my left too. always seems worst if I have some bad coughing session. I can still run and stuff, I just always kinda feel it. I hear the best place to go in Canada is somewhere in Ontario so you are at the right place anyway.

Smokerman

Veteran
do you find it gets worst if you cough too much from smoking? I think have a mild one been feeling it for years... on my left too. always seems worst if I have some bad coughing session. I can still run and stuff, I just always kinda feel it. I hear the best place to go in Canada is somewhere in Ontario so you are at the right place anyway.

Definitely feel it when coughing, it's about the size of a goose egg.
There's actually a hernia hospital about a half hour drive away but I'm having my surgery at a hospital about 5 minutes away.
Same hospital my thoracic surgeon and cardiologist work from.

K

kopite

Sorry to hear about your condition. I had an abdominal hernia and had laparoscopic surgery, inserting a mesh patch to fix it. It was an outpatient procedure, went in early in the morning and was out by noon. I actually walked from the wheel chair to the car leaving the hospital and then from the car to the couch (hunched over a bit). It was relatively painless, a lot less than the combined pain of the condition prior to the surgery, and recovery was fairly quick. Had some restrictions on activities such as lifting, running, etc. but all in all I was amazed at how fast things got back to normal and it was such a relief to have the thing fixed.

Lucky you, 2 years on from my op I still have nerve damage from it!! yours must of been small for keyhole mine left a 5 inch scar, goes from cock to waist..... still lifetime supply of blue pills to look forward too.........

Betterhaff

Veteran
Lucky you, 2 years on from my op I still have nerve damage from it!! yours must of been small for keyhole mine left a 5 inch scar, goes from cock to waist..... still lifetime supply of blue pills to look forward too.........
Well the hernia wasn’t small and the protrusion increased as the day went by, especially if I was on my feet a lot. Fortunately I was able to push it back in or lay down and it would settle but having a melon of innards hanging out your side was not the most pleasant.

The location was such that they were able to fix it laparoscopically. Punched a hole in my side and also went in thru my belly button. Pretty non invasive. Sorry to hear about your situation, must have been in a spot where they had to make a conventional incision.

K

kopite

Well the hernia wasn’t small and the protrusion increased as the day went by, especially if I was on my feet a lot. Fortunately I was able to push it back in or lay down and it would settle but having a melon of innards hanging out your side was not the most pleasant.

The location was such that they were able to fix it laparoscopically. Punched a hole in my side and also went in thru my belly button. Pretty non invasive. Sorry to hear about your situation, must have been in a spot where they had to make a conventional incision.

Ouch and apologies for assuming it's size!!

Smokerman

Veteran
Surgery was scheduled for October 20 which is a Friday and was supposed to be in and out same day, but at pre op yesterday anesthesia dr said he’s gong to tell surgeon to change date because he wants me to stay overnight for observation due to other health problems and they don’t do discharges on weekends.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I hate those kinds of issues. When I went in for my surgery my EKG was all screwed up so they cancelled the surgery and had me go get a stress test. At the test they said they could boost my heart rate with drugs but would rather have me do it on the tread mill. So I gave it a shot, holding my guts in with my hand the whole time. Was able to achieve the rate they needed and they said everything was fine. Neither place would admit that the administration of the EKG was the problem but I have my thoughts. Not only was that a pain in the ass, it postponed my surgery for about a month so I had to live with the discomfort of the hernia for that much longer. Good luck.

Smokerman

Veteran
Hey Betterhaff did they use the mesh to repair your hernia?
Saw a show last night about people that have had a bad reaction to it.
They plan on using it for me. Dr says it’s safe but I have my doubts.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Yes, they used the mesh. It was about 15 years ago and I’ve experienced no problems. I too have seen things about mesh problems, mostly commercials from lawyers trying to get people on board with class action lawsuits. I think the problems have arisen with certain types of mesh and would think the medical community would be aware of that and steer clear of any that caused problems.

Smokerman

Veteran
Had surgery yesterday, got out of hospital today.
Surgeon said everything went ok, wants to see me in about 3 weeks.
Sore as hell right now, and no lifting more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks.
All is good

:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts