What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado using marijuana taxes to fund the crack down on illegal growing.

KONY

Veteran
Agreed, I say wattage indoor, and square footage outdoor would make much more sense.

Why do we need any sort of regulation on this plant? (aside from random testing of people selling it for commercial purposes to ensure there is no pesticides, fungicides, mold, etc)

It's nothing like a speed limit that has a direct effect on others well being.

If someone gets busted using things they shouldnt that end up in the finished product, they need to be dealt with. However there is no good logical or moral reason to regulate the plant by wattage, numbers or sq ft.

OldPhart

Why do we need any sort of regulation on this plant? (aside from random testing of people selling it for commercial purposes to ensure there is no pesticides, fungicides, mold, etc)

It's nothing like a speed limit that has a direct effect on others well being.

If someone gets busted using things they shouldnt that end up in the finished product, they need to be dealt with. However there is no good logical or moral reason to regulate the plant by wattage, numbers or sq ft.

So you agree there needs to be regulation for commercial?? How do you propose you determine the difference between personal and commercial? I propose that you limit personal use by wattage or sq ft.

Fundamentally we want the same thing, but I think I'm more willing to participate in, and accept the reality of removing the prohibitions on our favorite plant. Once we get the stigma removed, I think we will be able to get where we both want to be. To be honest, this mission to free our favorite plant is moving way faster than I thought it would. Even with some medical wins around 2000, I still never thought I would see legal home grow rec in my life time. Yet if you're lucky enough to be in the right states, it's here.

Muleskinner

Veteran
things are just getting started. Everyone was surprised that 50% of the cannabis market in CO was in extracts and edibles - i.e. 50% of sales were extract and 50% flower.

I'm not surprised - what's happening is that most people are finding home-grown flower, either their own or friends'. Over-regulation is stifling the legal flower market in a big way. It's harder to make high-quality extracts, you need thousands of dollars worth of CO2 equipment. Extracts will be the only thing I buy in stores, of course I'm not going to pay $200-$300/oz for flower when I grow it.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
FILE - In this April 14, 2016 file photo, investigators load marijuana plants onto a Colorado National Guard truck outside a suspected illegal grow operation in Denver. Colorado is set to become the first state to use marijuana taxes to fund police efforts to crack down on illegal growing operations. A measure scheduled to be signed into law Thursday, June 8, 2017, sets aside nearly $6 million a year in Colorado marijuana tax revenue to reimburse police for their investigations of black-market marijuana activity. (AP Photo/P. Solomon Banda, File) THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Well isn't that special?!?

The piggies still get to have their fun busting "pothead" growers in Colorado, and receive extra funds with which to do it,
and the already well-off, "legal" pot growing warehouse and dispensary owners get to have their competition eliminated by the courts...

Sounds pretty fucked up to me, for a state in which pot is supposed to be "legal"....

KONY

Veteran
So you agree there needs to be regulation for commercial?? How do you propose you determine the difference between personal and commercial? I propose that you limit personal use by wattage or sq ft.

If you sell it for profit, it's commercial, if you don't sell it, it's personal or non profit.

No need to regulate canopy or plant numbers or anything with someone that is personal... It makes no logical sense, except for people that are stuck in the past.

No need to regulate canopy/wattage/plantcount with commercial either. Tax them on goods sold.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Expect cannabis to fund many more busts in the near future.
Co. is using big $$$$$ from cannabis to bust cannabis growers.
That just sound horrible to me, what about you.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I keep hearing of more and more raids in the legal state of CO.
All that cannabis money is funding the raids now.
More people than ever are being jailed for cannabis now that cannabis is legal.
Man if that it what legalization brings to the table just say no!

Latest posts

Latest posts