What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow

DanDanger

Alright, sailor! Let's flower together ;) Nothing gay about that! You'll like 11/13 if you try it out. I was pretty impressed.

Last edited:

daveyhouse

LOL,
Now I'm starting to worry if I'm offending somebody.

I'll bring/grow the flowers big boy

Last edited:

DanDanger

If we can't just be human about people being human... Then what are we, really? We're all just talking monkeys with the gift of reason, on a giant green and blue orb, hurling through space. I love everybody ;)

Kicked the lighting into flower today, too. Should be seeing signs of males or females within the next 2 weeks. I've had some strains take longer, but I've been averaging 2 weeks as of late.

daveyhouse

Flipped

Flipped

Okay one last pic I took when I went down to change timer

picture.php

daveyhouse

Looks good!
Right now!

T5 is great for lighting short distances... not great for flowering, because of the lack of light throw/penetration. I'd ScrOG them, and flower now, or at least tie them down real well, and then flower.

Hopefully tonight if I get home early enough tonight I will try to tie things down and open them up a little

daveyhouse

Ya know... For your first grow... You're doing pretty damn well! Be proud!

Yeah this is the first time I've ever sowed a cannabis seed. I would have to give props to this great forum for the luck I am having.

The reason I am doing this is for my wife. She doesn't smoke but she frequently has anxiety, and i am hoping this will help her with that. Why give Big pharma my hard earned $$$ if this will do just as good without pharma's side affects.

Last edited:

daveyhouse

Dunno LOL. I will takes pics and post them.
Gave them a drink Wednesday. I noticed they're doing their stretch thing today when I was down checking on them.

Stand by

daveyhouse

They're looking great, daveyhouse.

Nice job!

Thank you Shmavis at least their still green.

My first grow ever so I did not do any thing special other than pulling them over as they were growing, because really I don't know anything about this plant and how it grows.

My next grow I will start topping them while pulling them over, but being new to this I want to learn how they grow before trying to get fancy. They don't even get any nutes except from when I transplanted them last time and put some of that oregonism XL on the roots. I have been giving them grandmas molasses mixed with the pond water.

I guess I will probably have to give them something later in this flowering stage because of nutes being used up from the soil IDK? I just have to keep an eye for signs huh?

Do any of you great people have any recommendations on nutes for flowering if needed?

Tri_Cho_Me

My first grow ever so I did not do any thing special other than pulling them over as they were growing, because really I don't know anything about this plant and how it grows.

My next grow I will start topping them while pulling them over, but being new to this I want to learn how they grow before trying to get fancy. They don't even get any nutes except from when I transplanted them last time and put some of that oregonism XL on the roots. I have been giving them grandmas molasses mixed with the pond water.

I guess I will probably have to give them something later in this flowering stage because of nutes being used up from the soil IDK? I just have to keep an eye for signs huh?

Do any of you great people have any recommendations on nutes for flowering if needed?

Our grows sound very similar. Im on my very first grow and don't nute heavy at all. I am just topping this round as well. Was going to LST then ScrOG, but I just want to take it easy at first and, as you said, "not get fancy".

For flower, I am probably just going to continue with my MaxiBloom and supplement that with some Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. As always though (and follow along in my diary) I will play it by ear and adjust accordingly if the girls give me feedback.

Hang in there, you're doin' great!

Tri_Cho_Me

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world

You got it. Just keep an eye on them. (You had a really nice looking rootball. ;) )

Keep fancy far away and they’ll be fine. You might want to add some P around week four, but I think the FFOF will see them through.

You could make up a tea of Budswel’s 0-7-0 guano and add 1.5 cups of that per gallon of water. If you use something like Tiger Bloom do so at half strength and not with back-to-back waterings.

Keep up the good work!